Complaints or give Advice Thread

Subjects on the More Serious Side

Complaints or give Advice Thread

Postby Balious on 08 May 2009 23:23

Before I begin no I am not complaining about anything over here.

Basically this thread is where you can complain/yell/shout whatever about your current problems not caused by you or maybe just a tiny little bit your fault (not too sure if that other topic off the dome or whatever its called would do this but I made this anyway for all those complaints on things that should be easy to do etc). You can also offer advice to people on what they should/may do next.

Anyway heres what happened to me. My interview at Matthew Boulton College went crap, went there instant service of being called (i was early too but im not complaining on this bit) and was told that my course was cancelled. Oh well I thought there were a few others that had part of the course in it but then I was told I can't do another level 3 BTEC IT course due to double funding and having some of the same units. And considering IT is what I am good at I just couldn't do pretty much anything else.

So basically I have a few weeks left at 6 form to finish whatever IT work I have and to do GCSE Maths and English (resits english third time now maths second). After this I will feel I be helpless as I have nothing else to do. There are no jobs availble and University is out of the option as I won't have the right grades to get there.

So I figured all hope lost apart from using all my free time in actually trying to design games myself (modding counts here I guess) and hope someone likes it if I post it on the internet or wherever.

But then my brothers girlfriend said some people get paid by just testing video games out. So I was looking for this information and found a few things. But my question for this part is how do I get one here in the UK? I doubt I ever get this kind of job but no harm in trying.

Anyway thats my current problem and I am done complaining. So whos next? Also feel free to post any advice if you have any I am confused on what to do after I leave 6 form.
Balious
Senior Resident

Re: Complaints or give Advice Thread

Postby rockingmtranch on 12 May 2009 06:00

No advice from here but that totally sucks your class was canceled dude. I've had to take a different class only once but it sucks when you're planning on something and can't do it. Good luck.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby MeanderingBeing on 12 May 2009 06:29

My complaint:

DON'T TAKE YOUR MOTHER TO AN F-ING RESTARAUNT ON MOTHER'S DAY!
Actually do something NICE for your mother, like buy some flowers and cook dinner, or rent a bunch of movies, or something that involves something other than "Oh, its mother's day, so I HAVE to do something. Fook it, I'll take her to Olive Garden. I don't have to do anything..."

Then people like me have to deal with Moms who are grouchy because their kids can't do anything that actually says "thanks" for them, and I have to deal with kids who are grouchy because their moms are "ungrateful." Listen, I don't want to have cook for 200+ grouchy asshoels an hour. K?! GO THE FOOK HOME!

Gagh.

Oh, and I hate banks. Rant off...
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 13 May 2009 03:26

/>start rant; My wife not getting sh*t for Mother's Day from her son who LIVES here and is 26 years old. Not even something so small as a 99 cent card or cooking her breakfast or cleaning up the kitchen after I cooked her lunch (which he ate). /<end rant.
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby VINTAR on 13 May 2009 08:15

I think its time you put that bad boy in his place.
Core2Quad Q8300 2.5 @ 3.6ghz
Cooler Master Hyper TX 2 CPU cooler
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
2 GIGS Transcend DDR2 800 pc6400 @ 960
Thermaltake Tough Power 650w PSU
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
-----------------------------------
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 13 May 2009 20:24

VINTAR wrote:I think its time you put that bad boy in his place.

I wish I could. It's like getting in between a mother bear and her cub. Never a good idea. At least we have places like this to vent.
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby MeanderingBeing on 14 May 2009 08:14

My complaint: Stupid People on DoW II.
If you suck, don't tech up, or spend time yelling at your team for what they "should" do while not doing shite yourself, you need to stop playing DoW II and go suck on a binkie. I hate getting teamed up with REALLY bad players and it ends up killing my score.And it really - really - really - really -really pisses me off when such individuals spend the post game screaming at their teammates for "sucking" when they carried said individuals dead-weight.
Actually, I hate all stupid people... yeah...

...shit, I am a grouchy mofo now that I don't smoke weed...

...and I hate banks.
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Lyoko774 on 29 May 2009 01:43

Good thing this thread is here, or I would've made one with various profanities in the title.
Anyway..
2009 fucking SUCKS.
I don't know what is with this year, but..GAH! What the hell!? My parents divorced a few weeks before my fucking birthday, 2 people died at my school 2 weeks before my birthday, and now my grandmom just died in the hospital..
I don't know what to do anymore. My luck seems to just be fucking shit-tastic right now. I can hardly deal with school, let alone all this other shit going on at home/online/whatever..ugh..
Lyoko774

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 29 May 2009 08:54

My condolences. That indeed is some shittie luck, but one must keep in mind, that there is allways someone, somewhere who has it even worse
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 06 Jun 2009 15:01

women!!!
here I am getting up at 5 am and not getting home till after 7 pm (it's winter here in oz so it's dark when I get up and dark when I get home) I'm working 6 days a week so Sunday is my only day off, this has been going on for the last 7 weeks, my dear wife informed me that the lawns needed cutting as the grass was getting long, so I told her I would call a lawnmower guy to come and cut the lawns as I couldn't be bothered doing it.
I was then told by my charming wife that I was lazy!!!!!
so I told my wife if she didn't want some other guy coming to cut the lawns then she was free to get off her ass and do it herself.
so I'm now in the dog house and I'm also informed that I dont appreciate the things she does while I'm working my balls off.
bah! X(
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 06 Jun 2009 16:40

Take a deep breath busetibi, apologize to your wife and remember that a relationship takes equal parts from both of you for it to work. She is probably stressed because you are never home and is using the lawn as an outlet. You don't realize how much she does to keep the house in order because your not home. Sit down, have a cup of tea, and enjoy each others company for a little while. Talk to each other. Trust me, you'll both benefit greatly.
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 06 Jun 2009 16:47

I raise it by an ex-wife. :mozilla_smile: My ex-wife whom I hadn't seen for a good couple of years suddenly paid me a visit yesterday.
She is extremely devious, can change from very mild to very aggressive in a split second and can easily reach for any kind of weapons at any time.
I would bet that It'd be easier to deal with any kind of enemy intelligence, etc, services as I'm sure that it would be much easier to guess their motives and their next move. It took me several hours to deal with the developing situating smoothly, which took all the diplomatic skills that a UN diplomat may possibly possess.
Tense situations are said to make one quickly more clever (-which I hope will help me more now in modding :mozilla_smile: )
It was not a nice day.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 06 Jun 2009 16:56

Dang Michael, if an ex showed up at my house, I would remind them that ex's are not family, not welcome, and my 911 finger is getting itchy LOL. Glad you pulled through the ordeal and we're not reading the headline in the paper, "Man Slays Ex, Claims Defense" or "Woman Slays Ex, Claims 'He said he would love me always and then he stopped loving me and I came over to put our love back together and he said he didn't want me anymore and I just snapped and I don't know how the refrigerator got on top of his head but it did and the little light inside was still on"
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 06 Jun 2009 17:31

rockingmtranch wrote:Dang Michael, if an ex showed up at my house, I would remind them that ex's are not family, not welcome, and my 911 finger is getting itchy LOL. Glad you pulled through the ordeal and we're not reading the headline in the paper, "Man Slays Ex, Claims Defense" or "Woman Slays Ex, Claims 'He said he would love me always and then he stopped loving me and I came over to put our love back together and he said he didn't want me anymore and I just snapped and I don't know how the refrigerator got on top of his head but it did and the little light inside was still on"

=))
Damn funny, Mac, I needed that. =))
As we've brought up in a way that we should not raise our hands to a woman whatever she does, most likely it would be the second option of the proposed story that would be a reality. :D
Thanks.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby audioave10 on 06 Jun 2009 20:03

Damn Rock, that was funnier than our jokes thread... =))

That fridge light is a menace to society. As a complaint.......
TV Sucks. If it wasn't for the Military channel, History channel,
Science channel and the Speed channel I'd dump the crap. I
have to pay for 70 channels of CRAP just to get my 6 or 8 channels I want.
Have A Nice Day... :mozilla_smile:
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby VINTAR on 08 Jun 2009 11:17

Yeah wives can be a pain sometimes :-@ . While they may be slaving at home with the kids, they do forget that we go out everyday and work hard. I think we just have to put our collective feet down and make a stand against the wives out there.

Oh and if you read this my sweetheart, I love you and you are right and I`ll get to that grass right now... :salute:
Core2Quad Q8300 2.5 @ 3.6ghz
Cooler Master Hyper TX 2 CPU cooler
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
2 GIGS Transcend DDR2 800 pc6400 @ 960
Thermaltake Tough Power 650w PSU
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
-----------------------------------
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 08 Jun 2009 13:35

:))
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby MeanderingBeing on 11 Jun 2009 09:20

I have visited for a moment and couldn't help but post here....

My complaint: Banks and Wisdom Teeth
Enough Said.

Oh and be careful with those fridge lights, they have a tendency to explode in my face....
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 19 Jun 2009 13:29

/me rant.
so my daughters have asked me about buying/obtaining Adobe photoshop CS3, apparently my youngest is showing certain skills with photoshop at her school (her last mark for Computer tech was an A+, her animation was shown at last years end of school parent/student night ) so before I look into buying the prog I downloaded a trial version (30 day trial) to see what it contained etc, I got mighty pissed at the start because all I could download was the CS2 version, so I downloaded it (380 odd MB) I had it on my machine for one day and now when they start the prog it says "your trial has ended"
after 1 fkn day!!!! X(
I rang adobe support to bitch about it and they tell me "well you must have had it on your machine for the 30 days and we can't do anything about it" ](*,)
to make matters worse when I go onto Adobes site to see about buying it they direct me to Photoshop CS4 which costs A$ 1,415.00
bastards!
so I've been trying to download GIMP for the last two hours from the ftp site and I'm getting nowhere.
god there are times when I fkn HATE computers/software sellers :mozilla_yell:
/end rant
takes pills and lies down
busetibi
Senior Resident

Next

Return to Soap-Box