100 Rads Bar... Home of the Off-Topic Topics!

Subjects with Humorous Touch

Re: 100 Rads Bar... Home of the Off-Topic Topics!

Postby rockingmtranch on 29 Aug 2021 15:30

[quote}Very colourful depiction of the desert and the life there buddy, I almost felt I was there.:)
It must be really really hot. I guess it'll be one of biggest challenges to face there.
Back and forth between California and the desert, building a settlement from the very beginning, very hard work indeed.
Best wishes to Tina of course. Chicago must be cooler than the desert at least :)[/quote]

More people are shot in Chicago DAILY than in Kabul. Let that sink in :-ss Makes me mad they don't care about their drivers enough to keep them out of harms way. Her last trip out they tried to send he to a pickup where the DIXIE fire was burning (largest fire in California). I told her to tell them hell no.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby rockingmtranch on 30 Aug 2021 14:28

Delivery made and picked up new load to Kansas. She's now passing through Iowa :-bd B-)
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 15 Sep 2021 18:38

rockingmtranch wrote:More people are shot in Chicago DAILY than in Kabul. Let that sink in :-ss Makes me mad they don't care about their drivers enough to keep them out of harms way. Her last trip out they tried to send he to a pickup where the DIXIE fire was burning (largest fire in California). I told her to tell them hell no.

rockingmtranch wrote:Delivery made and picked up new load to Kansas. She's now passing through Iowa :-bd B-)

It was a close call then, more than once in fact.
That's a dangerous job buddy! Take care you both.

(sorry for late answer, there was some health problems in the family, all ok now.)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 16 Sep 2021 15:00

Sorry to hear Michael. Hope it wasn't that stupid new flu. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Tina got home yesterday afternoon and we're both going out tomorrow to the property and stopping at the motor vehicle department to transfer our vehicles. B-)
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 30 Sep 2021 16:44

Thanks buddy :) Feel much better now.

rockingmtranch wrote:Tina got home yesterday afternoon and we're both going out tomorrow to the property and stopping at the motor vehicle department to transfer our vehicles.

I hope all went well, and further good lucks :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 30 Sep 2021 22:40

In CALIFORNIA if we have to go to motor vehicle department we pack a lunch and make a day of it. Arizona was 10 minutes and went from $216 annually here to $36 for two years for our 1997 F-150 and NO SMOG which is another $100
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 09 Oct 2021 12:00

rockingmtranch wrote:In CALIFORNIA if we have to go to motor vehicle department we pack a lunch and make a day of it. Arizona was 10 minutes and went from $216 annually here to $36 for two years for our 1997 F-150 and NO SMOG which is another $100

Significant difference, really!
I hope all going very well, you both enjoying the new surroundings :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Nightwatch on 26 Dec 2021 13:35

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL
(*)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 12 Jan 2022 00:27

Merry Christmas Michael. Our holidays were FUBARRED due to weather. Wet, stupid snow totally destroyed our 10 foot by 30 foot tent with us sleeping in it. We then went into a super small camping/backpacking tent. Then a neighbor loaned us a bigger tent (stand up inside anyway). Now we have upgraded to a 10 by 14 GARDEN SHED lol. Working on it B-)
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 03 Feb 2022 14:44

rockingmtranch wrote:Merry Christmas Michael. Our holidays were FUBARRED due to weather. Wet, stupid snow totally destroyed our 10 foot by 30 foot tent with us sleeping in it. We then went into a super small camping/backpacking tent. Then a neighbor loaned us a bigger tent (stand up inside anyway). Now we have upgraded to a 10 by 14 GARDEN SHED lol. Working on it B-)

Sorry for getting back online late. Had been under the usual winter bad weather. Here had been quite cold too, since yesterday it's been getting to season normals.

Your experiences sound like those one would call: "One for the books!" Real drama!
I hope things are getting at least better for you too.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 06 Feb 2022 16:49

We're getting used to the cold and wind ](*,) Well, mostly. But as of yesterday, we now have HOT running water for our outdoor utility sink. Cold water is gravity from on top of our boat. And, we bought a shower so we're kinda feeling civilized. Still have to drive 60 miles to the nearest store and our mailbox so trying to only do that once a week. Hopefully we'll be making that a once a month thing.
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Feb 2022 15:19

rockingmtranch wrote:We're getting used to the cold and wind ](*,) Well, mostly. But as of yesterday, we now have HOT running water for our outdoor utility sink. Cold water is gravity from on top of our boat. And, we bought a shower so we're kinda feeling civilized. Still have to drive 60 miles to the nearest store and our mailbox so trying to only do that once a week. Hopefully we'll be making that a once a month thing.

It seems it's quite a harsh climate there in winter times!
When reading it may sound like an adventure to some, but reality must be quite tough, although you both definitely are making a fast and steady improvement. Still, must be difficult to deal with all.
It will make a good story to read and tell in the future; and a creation to show and boast, rightly so :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 23 Feb 2022 22:13

Snow. Again ](*,)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 08 Mar 2022 16:10

A dramatic scenery!
Must be bitter cold in that open mountainous land!
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 11 Mar 2022 01:23

Today we had a 38% chance of precipitation. We got TWO HOURS OF SNOW AFTER ONE HOUR OF RAIN. But I digress. Right now, at 5:20 pm, the wind is trying to KILL US. Living the dream. Couple months y'all be listening to me biatch about the heat. B-) ](*,) B-)
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Mar 2022 11:04

Very challenging by any standards!
But it suddenly occurred to me... You are living the conditions of the STALKER game, extreme weather with unpredictable wild changes!
You may say that you've found the ZONE :)

Beside jokes to trying to lift up spirits, it's certainly testing conditions for human resilience.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 14 Mar 2022 22:04

Nightwatch wrote:Very challenging by any standards!
But it suddenly occurred to me... You are living the conditions of the STALKER game, extreme weather with unpredictable wild changes!

Beside jokes to trying to lift up spirits, it's certainly testing conditions for human resilience.

:-bd :-bd :-bd B-)
Good day today. Built our third and hopefully final solar array. All told we are in $10K but getting lectric would have been FAR more. I mentioned our mailbox is 60 miles away. Our charge controller is there waiting. I keep ordering stuff from the ZON and going to pick it up is getting costlier and costlier (thanks BRANDON). $5.50 gallon last week. $3.85 the week before. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Our car gets about 30mpg and my pickup gets about 11mpg. Have to only order SMALL stuff LOL.
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 01 Apr 2022 14:18

rockingmtranch wrote:
Nightwatch wrote:Very challenging by any standards!

:-bd :-bd :-bd B-)
Good day today. Built our third and hopefully final solar array. All told we are in $10K but getting lectric would have been FAR more. I mentioned our mailbox is 60 miles away. Our charge controller is there waiting. I keep ordering stuff from the ZON and going to pick it up is getting costlier and costlier (thanks BRANDON). $5.50 gallon last week. $3.85 the week before. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Our car gets about 30mpg and my pickup gets about 11mpg. Have to only order SMALL stuff LOL.

Petrol (gasoline) is getting very expensive here too, like it is in many parts of the world.
I think the very small engine cars will be very popular again, alongside electric cars too.
But whatever way of transport you use, 60 miles to a mailbox is not a distance anyone would like to deal with, very big trouble there really.
I hope you're keeping some notes of daily/weekly life and works there, you may think of writing a book or something in the future. You are dealing with very difficult challenges.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 03 Apr 2022 21:25

It's not too bad really. We weren't prepared for the weather when we got out here but will be next winter. We have our bedroom in a 10 by 14 metal shed. And we just put up a 16.5 foot bell tent from White Duck. This thing is HUGE :-bd All our computer stuff is in here. We're in about $11k now on the three separate solar sysems. One makes ice all day. One runs the three small chest freezers. And the newest 4.8Kwh system just runs our laptops although we will be buying an evaporative cooler soon. The sun is our best friend right now B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) Also, Friday we went to get mail and gas was $6.09 gallon. Car had a flat so used the truck ](*,) Oh well. We're retired :thumbright:
----------------
rockingmtranch

PreviousNext

Return to Bar in the Zone