100 Rads Bar... Home of the Off-Topic Topics!

Subjects with Humorous Touch

Postby fatrap on 16 Sep 2008 00:54

DC- wrote:Hey, I played with the Freestate Mod when it first came out! :)
But ideas for a mod itself is one thing, story ideas is another, especially if it's not a standard type story but more mystirious and complicated... well, maybe you remember the mails a couple of months back. :)

I'm glad NatVac registered, I also miss Victim, Decane, ShadowState and Darius6.

Yep... stories are really, really tough. That is the worst part of the R&G SE Mod... the freeplay part where you run out of story material....

On a brighter note, Darius6 has signed up here.... I don't have Decanes or ShadowStates email addresses so if anyone else does, they might want to drop them a note. I dropped in on Redux's website a while back and I see that Victim is still working on his latest mod.... I know he left the GSC forum upset... I don't know if he would consider coming here or not. I guess i could go over there and find out..... ????

EDIT: I just sent Victim an email through the REDUX website.... lets keep our fingers crossed! :D
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 16 Sep 2008 01:41

very good points guys, I totally agree. DC and audioave10 particularly on the lack of international support on the part of GSC and the attitude towards the modding community, at least as what it appears to be.

EggChen, great new avatar :thumbright:

fatrap your approach to adding/creating new storyline on the Freeplay part of the game is great work. :thumbright: I'm also thinking adding a new storyline later for the return part of the mod. I don't know if I can think of something, though. :)

edit: NatVac joined as well :) Welcome. Glad that you've survived the hurricane safely.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DC- on 16 Sep 2008 02:25

Just invited ShadowState and Ceano via PM on the oblivion lost forums. :)
Come over here, let's have a little chat...
DC-
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 16 Sep 2008 02:36

Thanks to DC for a beautiful post at "Clear Sky...Initial Thoughts". If you
are still curious about the game like me his post answered alot of
questions in my mind. Very descriptive!

:occasion5:

Edit: And a Clear Sky mod...GREAT!!!

:notworthy:
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 16 Sep 2008 03:13

DC- wrote:Just invited ShadowState and Ceano via PM on the oblivion lost forums. :)

Perfect, thanks for the effort. :) It'll be great to see them here, too.

EDIT: Yes, Also thanks for the Clear Sky Mod "Rebalanced Food & Medical Supplies"
(Also great review on Clear Sky)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DC- on 16 Sep 2008 04:01

Hey, what can I say? :)
Once I chug a beer or two, I start gabbing... :D
DC-
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 16 Sep 2008 04:07

More beer for DC! :D

Hey, now I can't even get to the "Zone Survival Guide" forum.
It's 3:00am over there now! This here intarwebz is constipated.

:fart:
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby DC- on 16 Sep 2008 04:11

It's 5:10 am over here, no work tomorrow! Image

And still one more beer left, so if you feel like talking, I'll be sitting here some more, wondering how long it takes Fatrap to drag those barrels inside... 8)

Oh btw, I just read your name correctly for the first time... thought it was "audiodave" :D
DC-
Senior Resident

Postby DC- on 16 Sep 2008 04:36

Anyone else here into Metallica?
The new album really tears me to shreds. :D
DC-
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 16 Sep 2008 08:08

Thought I'd pay a visit :D , pour me something clear yet strong
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 16 Sep 2008 08:10

DC- wrote:Anyone else here into Metallica?

What exactly to you mean haven't heard it yet?
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby NatVac on 16 Sep 2008 11:16

DC- wrote:And not communicating with the community is one thing, but posting on the russian forums while completely neglecting the international part of the community is another. I really get mad thinking about this, they really should forget about DX10 support or whatever and invest the money in hiring a guy who can acutally speak english and creates a gateway between devs and the community.

Nightwatch wrote:Moderators are also very good and decent people, they face taking the brunt of things. I'm sorry for those guys, my full sympathies.

audioave10 wrote:Hey FatRap, you know some of the moderators better. Do you think it's a
language barrier or just that the only people there are the game
developers so there's no one to "go between" them and modders?

Don Reba and Siro speak and write Russian as well as they speak/write English. I know Don Reba has been in communication with some of the Ukrainian developers, and is an extremely competent programmer/designer in his own right. These guys are good "go-betweens". The problem lies on the other end.

Maybe it's a cultural difference thing. Maybe it is a hunger-driven need to get more money in the door; seven years to get the original game out probably hurt them in the pocketbook. We'll see if this changes.

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
>> look at the hundreds of hours he has given GSC by providing support for all the folks that had problems. [...] the least they could have done is sent him a complimentary copy of Clear Sky.

Second prize: Two copies! :wink:

GSC did put my name in the credits somewhere, I understand, fatrap. And just about everyone here has also helped a lot, most recently busetibi.

At the moment, though, I'm not that interested in even playing the prequel. GSC didn't help by not splitting off the Clear Sky forum section early, so there's not much I don't already know about the game and its plot.* Combine that with the exact same old bugs (nil 2nd arg to format()) on top of new ones and a forum that's either slow or off the air...

I have to admit that it is nice to be able to type "Don't" and not have the forum software lower-case it mysteriously. And it is especially nice to be able to edit posts with much more facility. I want the surprises in the games and movies, not my forum posting efforts. :)

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Nightwatch, you might not be officially a top modder, but you are doing top modding work, like all the other top modders.

Wow. About 3500 brain cells were harmed in the making of this post, and I am well past my bedtime, so expect the need for more corrections/clarifications later...

*While waiting in line for a first-run movie ages ago, when going out to the movies was still fun, I met a friend coming out of an earlier showing of the film I and my date were about to see. "Hi!" gushed the friend. "Are you here to see this movie? They're not really dead!" My perplexed look prompted her to pat my hand and say comfortingly, "You'll see!"

And see I did, to my miserable chagrin -- as about halfway into the movie I knew the whole plot. It ruined the impact of the movie for me, as the pivotal plot twist was meant to be a surprise for the audience, much like The Sixth Sense.
NatVac
Resident

Postby DC- on 16 Sep 2008 13:02

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:
DC- wrote:Anyone else here into Metallica?

What exactly to you mean haven't heard it yet?

It's meant in a positive way. Three days in a row now I went to bed with one of the songs playing in my head. The next morning I woke up and it was still there. :)
I like it a lot.

NatVac
Good to see you here. :)
DC-
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 16 Sep 2008 14:20

Thanks NATVAC for clearing up some things we just weren't sure about.
nice to see Dark Templar has joined us too... :thumbright:
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 16 Sep 2008 16:07

Seemed like decent place to spread the prophesy, anyways glad to be here
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 16 Sep 2008 18:57

Thank you NatVac for shedding light into many points. :) I also totally agree with you on the GSC analysis ( thinks it's both) and the managing the forum before and during the release of Clear Sky; it would have been much better if its thread had been separated earlier. I feel as if I've already played the game, strange. :)

Also glad that you've found the forum software acceptably manageable. :) I'm adding another one or two templates (hopefully I can pull it), so visitors can choose the view the forum in their chosen style/template.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Nightwatch on 16 Sep 2008 19:01

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:Seemed like decent place to spread the prophesy, anyways glad to be here

:thumbright: :D

-DC wrote:Anyone else here into Metallica?
The new album really tears me to shreds.

I heard it's old school style, only listened to their recent single. Previous album sucked. I love the black one.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Nightwatch on 16 Sep 2008 19:27

DARK TEMPLAR
Hey sorry buddy, I was answering your post, but as it seems I clicked a wrong button and ended up deleting your post, LOL sorry. I'm in admin position you know, so a wrong button causes this. After GSC software, there are so many options here, I'm still getting accustomed. Sorry. write it again please. :sad11:

edit: OK, my answer was that I didn't think your prophecy evil. Evil is in people's minds, and changes depending on from where you are looking at anything. But the real bad things, in my opinion, are the measures that end up hurting humanity in general and the individuals in particular. I know it sounds like a lawyer statement, too, LOL :D
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby fatrap on 16 Sep 2008 22:59

OK.... I am in a daze here.... NatVac has a white beard.... my mental image of him is totally borked now.... I had it in my pointy head that he was in his 20's or early 30's.... OMG!!!! He is an old codger just like most of us!!! :banghead:

Shoot.... I'm gonna have to start serving Geritol at the new Bar! :roll:
fatrap
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Bar in the Zone