100 Rads Bar... Home of the Off-Topic Topics!

Subjects with Humorous Touch

Postby rockingmtranch on 14 Sep 2008 20:06

fatrap wrote:
rockingmtranch wrote:Alrite.....who's drunk besides me? Image

Man... I feel like it! Been out in the yard picking up loads of tree limbs that got blown down by the storm.... bunch of old dead stuff. Got me a good bonfire going..... wind shifted and I felt like one of those flaming "campfire stalkers" for a moment! I didn't need all that body hair anyhow! :D

LMAO John.....it's illegal to burn ANYTHING here (even dinner damned near) because it is sooooooooooo dry. Glad to hear you're ok though :D
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby silverpower on 14 Sep 2008 20:11

Ouch, y'all too? We've been officially in drought conditions here in the Valley for over a year. It *sucks*.
KMFDM forward, the ultimate sound/And a message from Satan, if you turn it around
silverpower
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 14 Sep 2008 20:59

silverpower wrote:Ouch, y'all too? We've been officially in drought conditions here in the Valley for over a year. It *sucks*.

Yep. Southern California low desert is where I currently preside. And water isn't cheap anymore. We had a busted waterline that flooded the neighboring properties last week. That water bill is going to hurt when we get it (last one was $70)!
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby audioave10 on 14 Sep 2008 22:35

There is a large tree down about 20 yards from my front door. I guess we
got more wind than I realised.
FatRap...you better stay away from fire since you've already used up most of your 9 lives!

:violent3:
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 15 Sep 2008 00:12

rockingmtranch wrote:
silverpower wrote:Ouch, y'all too? We've been officially in drought conditions here in the Valley for over a year. It *sucks*.

Yep. Southern California low desert is where I currently preside. And water isn't cheap anymore. We had a busted waterline that flooded the neighboring properties last week. That water bill is going to hurt when we get it (last one was $70)!

We are having the opposite problem... this is part of the route to work, but its not my car :wink:

http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ainbe3.jpg
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 15 Sep 2008 00:33

EggChen wrote:
rockingmtranch wrote:

We are having the opposite problem... this is part of the route to work, but its not my car :wink:

http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ainbe3.jpg

Well, isn't just the irony? :D But, also sad, too. While some "swimming across the road," some burning in desert and getting water by counting drops. Earth...
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 15 Sep 2008 00:36

Yep. Pretty much sums things up. Too bad you can't ship us some of that rain.
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 15 Sep 2008 04:54

rockingmtranch wrote:Yep. Pretty much sums things up. Too bad you can't ship us some of that rain.

If you want I can start exporting water from here in barrels, you sell it there, then we split the profit. It seems water prices is racing with petrol prices there. :D

PS: I noticed your sig, are you in military, or is it where you did your service?

I lost my GSC avatar; I can't find it anywhere. So I've found this scary looking Heavy Metal type thingy. Btw, now avatars are 90x90 pixels and I upped them to 19Kb size.

=============
Everybody can characterize their sigs, add color, change size etc. Please just look at the BBcode link at the left of your "sig box" in your profile. You can all use different fonts and styles in your posts, too, by following those examples there.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby anchor.1 on 15 Sep 2008 07:08

A damn fine gun. :thumbright: How about this one: We need one in the game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlTQ5uA9 ... ed&search=

Would be great to fire it from cars, just if you can manage to drive one for a hundred yards without driving into an anomaly. I haven't managed it yet, LOL.
This'll do alright for me for the moment: :violent3:
anchor.1
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 15 Sep 2008 10:21

Forget one for the game.... I would like to have one of those Dillon rigs for my daily commute to work! The way folks drive around here..... :D

It is funny how the weather works.... we have had more rain this summer than I can remember. Usually it gets really dry here after the first week of July. Not this year.... and there is silverpower one state east of me that is having a drought!

And it is handy being able to burn up the yard waste.... I live out in a wooded area and the maintenance is fierce. Just raking up the leaves that have fallen when autumn comes is a chore... if I piled them up all in one pile it would be the size of a small house!
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 15 Sep 2008 14:58

Nightwatch wrote:PS: I noticed your sig, are you in military, or is it where you did your service?

My last unit was the 2nd Armored Calvary Regiment in Fort Polk, LA and I think the fondest memory I have is, that is where I met my wife Tina (13 years married now).

I like your idea of shipping water. Hmmmm....shipping costs....crap! Profit just went down the drain.
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 15 Sep 2008 15:19

rockingmtranch
My last unit was the 2nd Armored Calvary Regiment in Fort Polk, LA and I think the fondest memory I have is, that is where I met my wife Tina (13 years married now).

So your experience of handling weapons and excellent gameplay in STALKER has a strong military background. :thumbright:

I like your idea of shipping water. Hmmmm....shipping costs....crap! Profit just went down the drain.

damn, I forgot the shipping cost. :D

fatrap

And it is handy being able to burn up the yard waste.... I live out in a wooded area and the maintenance is fierce. Just raking up the leaves that have fallen when autumn comes is a chore... if I piled them up all in one pile it would be the size of a small house!

It could also make a wonderful BQ ground :D [/quote]
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby audioave10 on 15 Sep 2008 15:19

I love that gun but I would bury myself in shells.
Hey guys, went to GSC and the site is up. I was looking for posts on Clear Sky since it's now 9-15-08 release date for US version. Man that
forum is still a screw-up and still slow. Almost all posts for Clear Sky
are gone...nothing to read. They will never get it right. Nightwatch by
himself could do a much better job. Even with the traffic.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 15 Sep 2008 15:27

audioave10 wrote:I love that gun but I would bury myself in shells.
Hey guys, went to GSC and the site is up. I was looking for posts on Clear Sky since it's now 9-15-08 release date for US version. Man that
forum is still a screw-up and still slow. Almost all posts for Clear Sky
are gone...nothing to read. They will never get it right. Nightwatch by
himself could do a much better job. Even with the traffic.

Yeah I saw the site came up in the browser, but not yet browsed it. "Clear Sky" posts are gone?? That's not good at all. People would like to read all the questions and answers, though it might show a lot of complaints at the starting stage, but it would also show the answers and the situations were/are dealt for those specific situations as apositive side of it. From the support point of view, I believe, it would be essential to keep those posts.
I hope they'll put it. Any new player would like to see asnwers to any possible matter.

----
edit: typo
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby audioave10 on 15 Sep 2008 15:35

Yes, the post subjects were still there but no actual posts in that subject .
Maybe their still working on it but I'm losing my optimism for GSC.

:protest:

:banghead:
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 15 Sep 2008 15:45

Your not the only one buddy!! :protest: :protest: :protest:

Hey Nightwatch just to let you know I got an e-mail from ZaGaR telling me that many of the guys had gone back to the Zone Survival Guide forums during the downtime. I gave him a link here, and said to let people know.

Now GSC is back up, how about asking a moderator if it is ok to open a thread announcing this forum as an alternative site?
EggChen

Postby audioave10 on 15 Sep 2008 16:13

EGG...I went to that forum and read quite a bit about Clear Sky. It seems
that game is the biggest screw-up since the Duke3 release date.
Having said that...when it works..Clear Sky is a beautiful and fun game!

:dontknow:
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 15 Sep 2008 16:48

Thanks audioave10 and EggChen :)
Also thanks for letting other folks to know that there is another site that we can continue communications, and support the mods as of either for the players or the modders alike and find answers to our questions.

Well, good idea EggChen, you or any on eof teh guys may ask a moderator about mantioning this forum as a back up forum, too.

About the Clear Sky posts, I hope they still have the posts and so they will be able put them back there, although these things (posts) may seem negative at the beginning, in the long term they will prove to be useful for any newcomers to the game, and will give enourmous credit to GSC for their relentless work in correcting any issues that may arise.

PS: edit: You choose very cool icons, guys. :D :D

PS: I'm collecting the emails of guys from the GSC forum, last time the GSC forum closed, I couldn't email guys other than just a few who had recently emailed me. :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby audioave10 on 15 Sep 2008 19:22

audioave10
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Bar in the Zone