At wits end on Maya, Xray plugins

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

At wits end on Maya, Xray plugins

Postby Vancer2 on 29 Mar 2014 02:19

Ok so I had maya 2009 installed and I was trying to get the Xray plugins working I could only get Xraytools.mll to work. I have googled EXTENSIVLY to the point of mental exhaustion I installed my xray SDK and found out that it doesnt have the plugs for 2009 only for maya 8.5 so i installed Xray COP which is at C:\Program Files (x86)\X-Ray CoP SDK I used the scripts and copied the plugins over from their But the plugins from here ARE NOT loading. I have no idea what is wrong. I decided to try and "Find" a maya 8.5 as it seems thats all google is finding online of people having success. I stil have no idea what to do with xray_path.ltx I put it in the bin folder and Im told to put $sdkroot$ = true| true| C:\Program Files\X-Ray SDK\level_editor. But the plugisn in maya still WILL NOT LOAD. I am exhausted just thinking about it. Please does anyone have anything to help me :((
Vancer2

Re: At wits end on Maya, Xray plugins

Postby rockingmtranch on 31 Mar 2014 19:43

Wish I could help. :-??
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby Vancer2 on 31 Mar 2014 21:19

Ok I found a copy of maya 2008 now I need a plugin that exports ogfs to omf's so I can use it in Actor editor in the sdk I can dig around for renaming reload animations. if I have to Maybe someone could shed some extra light?
Vancer2

Postby Nightwatch on 03 Apr 2014 21:27

Welcome to the forum Vancer2

I dug into my files and and found an XRAY plugin for MAYA 2008 (xrayMayaTools.mll ), an actual plugin which I used myself on MAYA 2008 some time ago for some modding work. Worked great for me.
Plugin is from BARDAK, a legendary programmer, I should credit him duly here.

I zipped it for you and attached downloadable under this post. There are two small text files in it which explains what's what, from Bardak again.

Hope it works for you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby ket on 04 Apr 2014 13:14

Even with Maya 2008 the plugins tend to be somewhat... unpredictable. I used Maya 2008 in order to change some reload animations to better ones but actual mesh editing is a real pain. I couldn't even get mesh smoothing working without screwing up the models.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby Vancer2 on 06 Apr 2014 20:43

So do I have to manually make new animations or do I have to rename the animations so they will work, say for example the pm makarov uses PM_reload for its reloading animation The p38 im using for right now just has "Reload" IF rename the animation to pm_reload? Also is it possible to import animations from other files, export it as an obj and load it into the Actor editor so the animations will work?
Vancer2

Postby Vancer2 on 19 Apr 2014 23:34

Got it working But now I need help it wont let me import .omf's Im trying to import animations from hud files and It just says Error opening file in the bottom menu

pv_performAction "X:/gamedata/meshes/dynamics/weapons/wpn_ak74/wpn_hand_ak74_hud_animation.omf" "X-Ray game skeletal motions";
file -import -type "X-Ray game skeletal motions" -ra true -namespace "wpn_hand_ak74_hud_animation" -pr -loadReferenceDepth "all" "X:/gamedata/meshes/dynamics/weapons/wpn_ak74/wpn_hand_ak74_hud_animation.omf";
// Error: selected object is not a character //
// Error: Error reading file. //
That is the error I got, what should I do?
Vancer2

Return to Modding Techniques