Got a moment Nightwatch?

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

Got a moment Nightwatch?

Postby ket on 04 Apr 2014 13:26

First, hello folks :D Been a while since I was around these parts, lifes busy :(

A couple things today for you Nightwatch (well, 3) So I'll keep things as short as possible.

1. Would you happen to know how to get anomalies to be dynamic instead of static? I've attempted this in the past but X-Ray always totally flipped out :-??
2. Do you know of any mini mod that just restores random PDA chatter?
3. Did you get chance to look into that blowout stuff we discussed in the end?

Oh, and I'll see what I can do about bringing some people I know here they are all stalker crazy so will fit in well ;)
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Re: Got a moment Nightwatch?

Postby Nightwatch on 06 Apr 2014 23:20

Hi Ket,
First of all, on the blowout scheme that you had mentioned on your email, I remember saying that the best and most straightforward way could be to use a blend of relevant schemes of of AMK and ABC mods (by integrating those into your scripts, as you'd know dropping them straight would not quite work) and you might need to include the AMK script as well, because many functions are tied and checked by it, too.

I would believe that it'd be rather a time consuming process. if you have time, you can do it.

On Dynamic Anomalies question, you need to go to the AMK scripts. Answers there. AMK and ABC have given us revolutionary and innovative works which are of a quality rarely seen in gaming industry.

Like what you want to implement, in NEWSA.SIMBION, during blowouts, NPCs run for cover to a specified bunkers, anomalies arise, weather pattern changes, mutants spawn, together with (or without, if chosen so during installation of the mod) a HORROR_TIME which offers another layer of twist. Anomalies dynamic as well, as the mod enjoys the revolutionary aspects of mainly AMK, AMC and SRP in its foundations.

So , answers are there, but not only the scripts, but also the designs (organization of them) are quite complex and require a lot of time to connect all the dots.
You're an accomplished modder, if you have time, it shouldn't be a problem for you.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby ket on 07 Apr 2014 12:47

Thanks, I'll look into those. Maybe I'll discover why X-Ray crashes referencing a DLL file whenever I add blowouts, its actually very mysterious as the error itself is totally nonsensical and I've gone through everything with a fine toothed comb yet still the CTD persists :-k
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301

ket
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 07 Apr 2014 20:05

Why don't you post this error specific to the dll? Are you using any other dll from any other mods as well? I know a few mods that has a dll which didn't work very well, particularly when introduced to new material, e.g scripts.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby ket on 08 Apr 2014 01:11

I can't remember the CTD without integrating blowouts again but the DLLs were all vanilla except for the renderer which I modified for much greater grass draw distance. I sort of narrowed the problem down to something to do with sleeping triggering a blowout, thing is even after I addressed the theoretical issue the problem still persisted yet if the blowout occurred "naturally" (not triggered by sleeping) everything was fine. The only thing I didn't really do is look at bind_stalker very closely but I'm pretty sure theres no modding that needs to be done to that script anyway in order to get blowouts and sleeping to play nice together.

ket
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 10 Apr 2014 14:13

Well, sleeping (sleep bag action) and blowouts do not quite go well together, operating word being "together" here.
It invokes problems in lower level.
Sleeping bag (or just saying 'sleeping') function causes game time to skip by its nature, however, the blowout scheme is a "stable clock" based function, it counts time in the game, it has a start and end time, either called by set clock or random. So when they come active at the same time, the game almost certainly aborts, crashes; as while you're counting the time to cook an egg, for example, if the time skips around you, then the things I believe would not be quite so easy to deal. Engine is neither designed nor expected to deal with the matters generally dealt with Theoretical Physics. :)

In mods that use "sleeping" function, there needs to be a script implementation designed to check the incoming "Blowout" and accordingly allow the "available sleep time" to the player, so that they both would not clash.

Also, as a secondary point if I may, you know that the application of greater values in "grass draw distance" tend to severely affect the performance of the game, particularly in those not-so-powerful systems. Just mentioning.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby ket on 20 Jan 2015 12:41

I'll be getting back to these blowouts in the near future just a few things to tie up first so a brainstorm session isn't far off! For now I shall remain hopefully optimistic :-bd

ket
Senior Resident

Return to Modding Techniques