Vista and SDK

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

Vista and SDK

Postby Grump642 on 14 Jan 2009 16:25

OK, I never had a problem with the SDK when I used xp. But with Vista, when I try to open particle editor, I get an access violation error. Yes, I mapped the x drive first. Any thoughts? I thought it might be my security software, but no. Driving me nuts because I want to make some new effects for my desert eagle. ](*,)
Grump642
Senior Resident

Re: Vista and SDK

Postby Nightwatch on 14 Jan 2009 19:41

I have Vista as well and when it's clicked. SDK complains that it cannot open the fs.ltx. However, I've managed to start Maya2008 with bardak's maya tools plugin. Apparently, Maya requires that SDK is installed and somehow functioning, But I can't start the SDK itself, either. There's not enough info on SDK from GSC unfortunately.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Grump642 on 15 Jan 2009 01:27

Yeah, I think the SDK was designed for xp. But I have heard that it will run, just not easy to do.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 15 Jan 2009 14:16

Yes, you must be right be right there; as far as I'm aware, it was designed for XP. I'd like to see how it can be made to run on Vista as well. ine is giving fs.ltx failure prompt, complaining that it can't open the file. Somethings may need to change in the files, but at the moment I'm a bit apprehensive to tinker around its files as it seems to be a complicated program and I may get end up causing a system failure/corruption or something, the last thins taht I'd like to see right in this very time, lol.

But if you can get hold of an Maya version, then Maya works OK with collaboration with SDK, though; well, strange.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby jamie1992 on 15 Jan 2009 14:18

I know for a fact someone i know once got it working on Vista, cant remember who, but i know they got it working on vista, its apprently a complete bizatch to get it working.
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 15 Jan 2009 18:26

Tried Program Compatability Mode. Didn't work. Don Reba says it will not work on Vista, but I have heard of it being done. I will keep looking.
Grump642
Senior Resident

Return to Modding Techniques