HELP needed on SDK

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

HELP needed on SDK

Postby Nightwatch on 18 Feb 2009 17:09

Guys:

I managed to start the Xray SDK on VISTA PC, as full functional.

See the info thread on the matter:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=292

-----

NO HELP NEEDED ANYMORE, please see EDIT 3, Thanks.

------------------------------
HELP!
EggChen, jamie, Dezodor, Ket, and anyone who has worked on SDK before:

particularly EggChen and Jamie are well known with SDK usage, some info please.

Hey guys, how can I open an OBJECT or OBJECT-skeleton file (exported from MAYA by Xraymayatools.mll -bardak's) in SDK?

I apologize for my inexperience with SDK, but when I click on file/open, it only shows (or sees) levels. It does not see even the OGF files in its folder, let alone object files. How can't it see the the OGF files (it's in the folder that it looks at, I see them) OGF is the format xray reads all the time? Where is the correct button? How should I point to that damn ogf or object file? It doesn't allow drag & drop, either!

EDIT:
Also, I have the the same acp from -again- Maya exported as in "xray.skeleton.object" (also called as skeleton_object) format. I can't seem to point the SDK to the file to open it.

EDIT 2: OK, now I discovered that the SDK sees many files by the objects/object editor and object libray menus. y sees all the plants and other things, like props, walls, etc. But,I can't locate something. For example, how can I open a Stalker suit in the SDK? Just a simple question.

Maya exported object.skeleton file is in imports file, but it still doesn't see it. I put an ogf file there, a suit, it doean't see it either.

From which menu and then what? clicking this after that, type of thing. There are surely enough people who are known to deal with SDK, one you guys please extend help here. Damn SDK is too primitive, I made the object in MAYA under 5 minutes. Then go figure it. :mozilla_smile:

Thanks.
==================

EDIT 3:

ALL DONE! I have managed to import the object format (Xray skeletal object from MAYA2008) into the Xray SDK and then exported it as OGF.
#:-s :)

So it works. \:d/

Thanks guys, but before you can offer any help, I've found the buttons, so to speak.

Now I can do stuff in MAYA and then convert them to OGF format through the SDK on VISTA.

I'll tell the details later, maybe on the other thread (link above) that I informed that SDK worked on VISTA.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: HELP needed on SDK

Postby EggChen on 18 Feb 2009 22:35

Congrats mate, I could not have helped much though, so good you worked it out.

My playing around with the SDK (level editor) has mostly been small things like commenting sound files and altering light animations.... other than the particle editor my use of it is very limited. I don't have maya or 3dsmax or any 3d modelling programme, so never had cause to try this. My attempt at exporting an apc level object into ogf format was an absolute failure, as it needed a bone I think.
EggChen

Re: HELP needed on SDK

Postby Nightwatch on 19 Feb 2009 00:11

Thanks, buddy. :mozilla_smile:
Yeah it needs bones I guess, that's why skeletal object output worked. Making it work the SDK is much harder than trying hands on MAYA, I didn't even read the help file of MAYA, just looking at the tabs gives some idea... for very small jobs, of course. Well laid out program (MAYA) .
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Return to Modding Techniques