How to hex edit a mesh?

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

How to hex edit a mesh?

Postby Decepticon on 31 May 2009 23:31

I'm trying to create a new weapon in CS based on the groza mesh with a different texture. but in the hex editor I can't find any reference in any of the meshes to the texture file. Anyone had any experience with this? And do I have to edit just the main and hud meshes, or the animation / lod ones too?

Any help much appreciated :mozilla_smile:
Decepticon

Re: How to hex edit a mesh?

Postby Decepticon on 01 Jun 2009 16:11

Well got it working in the end through a bit of trial and error, turns out you just need to change the model references inside the files to something unique of the same number of characters, and then obviously edit all the references in your new weapon's .ltx file. I now have a nice shiny new (well, rusty old) unique weapon in Clear Sky :thumbright:
Decepticon

Postby Nightwatch on 01 Jun 2009 22:31

Decepticon wrote:Well got it working in the end through a bit of trial and error, turns out you just need to change the model references inside the files to something unique of the same number of characters, and then obviously edit all the references in your new weapon's .ltx file. I now have a nice shiny new (well, rusty old) unique weapon in Clear Sky :thumbright:

Well, that's impressive. So we now have another Hex-editor Pro in STALKER modding scene. :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Decepticon on 02 Jun 2009 00:40

Well, I definately wouldn't call my bumbling attempts 'proffessional', but I managed to get it working in the end, and that's what counts. But a big thankyou for helping me out with the weapon ranking thing, it's working perfectly now :D

I'm currently trying to make a unique version of the aksu, but having a few problems, which I think stem from the fact that the texture and models use different names, but it shouldn't be difficult to fix, just needs a bit more fiddling....

Next on my 'to do' list is creating some quests for these items, anyone got any experience of creating quests in CS and wanna give me some tips?

Many thanks in advance :mozilla_smile:
Decepticon

Return to Modding Techniques