How do stalkers decide when to pick up weapons?

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

How do stalkers decide when to pick up weapons?

Postby Decepticon on 01 Jun 2009 19:42

The problem I'm having is I've added a new weapon to the game (CS), and it all works fine unless you drop it on the ground near another stalker, at which point the game crashes to desktop. Drop it where there's no people around and it's fine, but if there's a stalker nearby then as soon as he starts to walk towards it the game crashes. So I'm thinking there's some list somewhere with weapon priorities or something that determines wheather they should pick it up or not, and since my new weapon is'nt on there it's causing a CTD.

Anyone know anything about this? Or maybe have any other suggestions as to what might be the problem? any help would be much appreciated :D

Edit: I see some files in AI/common called weaponeffectiveness.efd, mainweaponvalue.efd etc. Anyone know of a way to view/edit these files?
Decepticon

Re: How do stalkers decide when to pick up weapons?

Postby Nightwatch on 01 Jun 2009 22:23

I can't say for sure how it works in CS, but in SoC when you've added a new weapon into the game, you also need to add that weapon into the gamedata\config\mp file , in one of the ranks there; e.g. [rank_2] will do just fine. Like this: (add the weapon at the end of the list after a comma.)

(Maybe the soc example will draw some parallels)

[rank_2]
available_items = mp_wpn_spas12, mp_wpn_groza, mp_wpn_sig550, ..........................
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: How do stalkers decide when to pick up weapons?

Postby Decepticon on 02 Jun 2009 00:24

thankyou thankyou thankyou Nightwatch :D , you were bang-on, the configs/mp/mp_ranks.ltx file determines which weapons an NPC will pick up (has something to do with the online game as well, but I don't care about that). So now my new weapon works perfectly!

My next challenge is to tie it into a quest...
Decepticon

Return to Modding Techniques