Controller sound goes on and on and on and on and on...

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

Controller sound goes on and on and on and on and on...

Postby shift3r on 02 Jun 2009 15:30

is there any fix for when the controller sound continues long after he/they are already gone? as you would all probably have experienced, it can take leaving a level and not coming back for ages before the sound is taken away.

i have been using patch 1.0004 since it came out, went to 1.0005 for a bit and then reverted back to 1.0004. i have used different 'everything' and the bug is very common. the village at the Army Warehouses is brutal for this mistake, as is Pripyat.

sorry if there is a really obvious fix around for this but i have been unlucky to see it if there is. i really should have been on to this earlier since my fav' mods always include plenty of monsters. thanks for any help :)
shift3r

Re: Controller sound goes on and on and on and on and on...

Postby shift3r on 05 Jun 2009 19:15

this thing is at least a confirmed problem isn't it??
shift3r

Postby Decepticon on 06 Jun 2009 14:31

Well, I can remember searching for a fix myself and giving-up, so it's not just you :D .

I only noticed it when using OL mod, but that's probably because of the scarcity of controllers in the vanilla game. Btw i seem to remember saving and loading would get rid of the loop (but not quicksave).
Decepticon

Postby Nightwatch on 06 Jun 2009 17:25

I haven't noticed that before, or the extent of it, to tbh. I'll check the vanilla again as soon as I can.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 07 Jun 2009 15:58

Anytime something is "stuck" like that (sometimes the 'shaking' doesn't stop after a blowout for instance), I just save, quit game and reload. No need to exit completely.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby shift3r on 08 Jun 2009 00:44

how about this for a fix: turn amp off - leave room - check for Controller noises. AAARGGGHH i've gone mad!! (runs in circles hitting own ears)

anyway, thanks for the replies. i have experienced it in vanilla and also various mods. Priboi and others are fucking mental with this problem because of the regular blowouts the consequent mutant hordes.

sometimes i don't know if i am hunting a new Controller or the recently bashed one is 'stuck' with it's moaning. i'm pretty sure i had 6 at one stage, which is obviously a 'when will it end' moment of it's own!

i'll make certain i do a reload once i get the inkling it is the bug. thanks.
shift3r

Postby MeanderingBeing on 11 Jun 2009 09:23

I've had this problem before, and I eventually discovered that the controller had somehow fallen UNDERNEATH the level and was stuck on some grid-like graphic. It was a pain because he kept killing me THROUGH the ground (He did his mind suck thingy and thus I knew where he weas). Twas a pain in the arse. Leaving the area or quicksaving and reloading worked to get rid of the problem.
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby nandersen on 23 Jun 2009 15:14

This is a known vanilla bug. I don't know of any fix.

Usually I get this problem if I reload a savedgame that was made in the presence of a controller.
"They shoot and I run and I spill my drink - all over my uniform..."
My files for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: http://zhat.dk/stalker/
nandersen
Senior Resident

Return to Modding Techniques