Invalid weather effect name

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

Invalid weather effect name

Postby Kaidonni on 27 Jul 2009 10:18

So, on the weekend I was trying out Priboi Story once again, and the only thing that really got to me was this feeling that the weather was, well, on the second game day...similar to the first, or even exactly the same. Same events at a very similar time. I've had issues with that before on other mods, it seems Stalker likes to mock me on this one particular thing :-o.

I searched the GSC Forums because I remembered there was a Dynamic Weather mod for PS 1.1, and when I found it, I installed it carefully. I went with the PS DW patch 1.0, then with DW 0.94, all on top of a PS 1.1 for 1.0004 (including the necessary patch for that version). I was a bit worried after this because it appeared Blowouts had stopped, but played on anyway. Someone in the topic on DW on GSC also had a similar problem, but it wasn't down to DW because they eventually started a new game and got Blowouts back. The weather was definitely working, didn't even have to start a new game (it did mention that in the readme, I was relieved). Then, last night, after a couple of hours (real time, I'd say over 12 hours gameplay), I found that Blowouts had not disappeared for me, either...

Which brings me to the main point, now that I've given the background of the modifications I am running. I had a CTD, and it is repeatable at the same exact point in time (well, I didn't check the game clock, but it's around about the same time as the first)...

[error]Expression : it!=WeatherFXs.end()
[error]Function : CEnvironment::SetWeatherFX
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\Environment.cpp
[error]Line : 156
[error]Description : Invalid weather effect name.
[error]Arguments : preblow_we

Nope, Blowouts hadn't disappeared for me. But now, it seems something has gone wrong somewhere, because I should be able to have a Blowout begin and not CTD. The other person didn't report the same problem. Can anyone help me on this?

At the moment, in the evening when I go on games (don't go on games in the day except at weekends), I'm testing the entire set of mods with DW 0.9 included, just in case I should have also installed that before 0.94, but this appears to have delayed the Blowout again, as before, so I have to kind of wait and wait now. Which is annoying... But, any help is appreciated, especially if I did not have to install DW 0.9 first (I am just assuming that I may have had to, seeing as how it is larger than 0.94 - 0.94 is 165KB, 0.9 is 168KB, so maybe 0.94 is an incremental update and missing some files 0.9 has that I needed). Decoding this CTD would be just super-duper, because the sooner that's done, the sooner I can get back to exploring the Zone.

EDIT: Nevermind, on the GSC Forums I was told it required SMM to install properly...:ymblushing:
Kaidonni
Resident

Return to Modding Techniques