FATAL ERROR! No surprise here.. is it something I can fix?

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

FATAL ERROR! No surprise here.. is it something I can fix?

Postby ket on 06 Dec 2009 17:15

Got a fatal error today in testing, looks like a NPC tried something stupid, but can this error be fixed?

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : false
[error]Function : CGameGraph::distance
[error]File : e:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrgame\game_graph_inline.h
[error]Line : 96
[error]Description : There is no proper graph point neighbour!

stack trace:
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Re: FATAL ERROR! No surprise here.. is it something I can fix?

Postby Nightwatch on 06 Dec 2009 18:41

This is in-game graphical map location error, mainly caused by a "wrong spawning location" within active game map, but it may NOT mean that you've spawned something on a wrong location (wrong location can be defined by several reasons), but it is mostly likely that the engine spawned the entity itself on this wrong location, as XRay engine ( as its working practice and although extremely innovative in theory, but somehow proves problematic in real practice -as this function released without proper safeguard measures implemented) spawns entities at slightly different locations each time in every spawn, like after a reload, etc, and this may well put the entity right on (or "in") a rather wrong point on the map, like sometimes NPCs or others are spawned right in the walls, limps or half of their bodies dangling in the air, the other halfs immersed comfortably into the wall.

No treatment is available other than dissecting and rebuilding the engine, which is costlier than hiring a license of another available engine from the market. Check the matter is related with the engine by reloading a previous a save, quite probably ( even if it may a few tries for the engine to drag the entity to another location by small increments each time) the entity will be spawned on a safe location and the game will continue.

But, if the problem continue to persist after several tries, and if you've spawned this entity yourself (not being vanilla spawn) then check your coordinates and try moving the entity.

------

(PS: One of the matters that I am critical about this behaviour of the engine and the somehow could have been easily avoided consequences of it, is that the engine should not have been set to abandon the game (CTD) on such a matter. It should let the game continue without the involvement of this entity and let the player to decide if he/she would like to see this entity or feature in the game and if so, they should reload. This approach is incorporated into GRAW series, e.g. if the tank does not start action on one part of the game for example, the game still continues. If you want it to perform, it's up to you to decide to reload. Not the game decides for you. This is a game, fluent play is important, it's not a mission to Mars)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: FATAL ERROR! No surprise here.. is it something I can fix?

Postby ket on 06 Dec 2009 20:35

I didn't think that was anything to do with my mod but was gonna fix it anyway, oh well. Just another one of those things to put up with. Thanks :D
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Return to Modding Techniques