Stash info

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

Stash info

Postby jamie1992 on 26 Jan 2010 22:33

Is anyway aware, if i can force stash info, now i know i played a mod where you could purchase info.

Im not sure how to give infomation.

Can anyone shed some light, via dialog or keypress in mainmenu would be awesome would be awesome.

Gonna keep playing.

Maybe someone can shed some light?
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Re: Stash info

Postby jamie1992 on 26 Jan 2010 22:45

Also, found this in Treasure Manager.

function CTreasure:give_treasure(k) etc

Maybe thats what i need to toy with.
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 26 Jan 2010 23:15

there's no single line order that can achieve this. you need dialogs, script, xml entries, and possibly a bunch of other stuff depending exactly what you want and how you want to perform what you want. Single key action also requires a long script processing plus again dialogs through which these functions will be offered. in STALKER key-inputs are very limited and requires elaborate scripts for work-arounds.
Check amk_dialogs.script for examples.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby jamie1992 on 27 Jan 2010 00:25

I remember Fatrap achived exactly what I am after, with a simple Dialog, however, i cannot find which one of the mods it is.

Nor the code he uses, it was a few lines attached to an <action>xxxx</action> in the dialog, leading to a small function.
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 27 Jan 2010 01:01

That's exactly what I'm talking about. :mozilla_smile: Showing a single line does not mean that the whole process can be achieved with a single line! It is just the "command" line in a relevant "XML" file which initiates the function. You need a) a script, as of a function in a script file, b) xml dialogs entry in the relevant xml file in "text" folder c) another xml entry in the relevant xml file in "gameplay XML files." These depend on where (in what level in the game) you plan to apply this function. It can be globally accessed or on-level-base accessed.

For example, if you make a script file called: info_snatcher.script, and then you make a function called: function bribe_the_whistler :D Then you can call the function, say, in dialogs_bar.xml like this: <action>info_snatcher. bribe_the_whistler</action> in the "relevant dialog section" , not just inserting it in any place; and it should also correspond to a spoken/read dialog in a relevant text folder xml file.

...BUT, it does not mean that this line does the trick! No... it just calls the function (script) in the relevant script file
So you need a script.

Look, as an example, this is a script function, more or less similar function for what you are thinking:

Code: Select all
function lost_money_500k(t1,t2)
--   dbg.mylog("actor_lost_money->500000") --/#........
   local npc = t1
   if npc:id() == db.actor:id() then
      npc = t2
   end
   dialogs.relocate_money(npc, 500*ruz,"out")
end

(This is just an example, you can't just drop it like this and call it from xml file, it needs to check other things like t1 and t2) try to make it simpler and compatible with what you what )

Check my detailed explanation on how to call "function" through an XML dialog in this modding techniques section.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby jamie1992 on 28 Jan 2010 05:47

Well thanks to Nightwatch for giving me a good kick up the backside and jolting my dusty webbed brain, i built myself a function and dialog to give a stash, atm, its just the one stash in the Rookie Village, but it works for what i need.

Sweet deal.

Cheers Nightwatch. (Y)

I owe you one man.

Also attaching the files for vanilla, incase anyone wants to play with em.

Talk to wolf.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Re: Zoom Scopes related dll problem

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 21 May 2010 07:50

Urelated to previous posts.

Any way to make so that a big number stash locations can be obtained at once, making them quest rewards or somethin? My brother is tired of the mass murder hassle to get them.
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 21 May 2010 14:02

Well, as you put it rightly, this post does not belong to this thread :-" However, before being able find to which thread this needs to be moved, or in fact if a new thread is required, I'd like to know on what regard you're asking this? I mean is about a specific mod, or is it about vanilla in general or a new project? You need to clarify this "big number stash locations" description as well, for it may mean several things to each reader. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 21 May 2010 16:25

well seeing as my previous small guestions thread had disapeared i just put it here.
It's just for vanilla, reason described in previous post.
generaly you have a chance to get stash locations from the corpses, 1 per corpse. I would like to know if there is anyway to be able to obtain them otherwise aswell e.g via task rewards(kinda like after you rescue fox, sofar I haven't found the actual ''trigger''or line that would allow me to do that) or somethin like that. As for the ''big number'' , instead of 1 per corpse/reward or whatever, to be able to get more, at least some10-15 per corpse/reward or whatever.
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 21 May 2010 21:58

small questions thread contents were distributed to their relevant threads some time ago, as the questions and answers were fit and useful to the discussions on those threads. As for this question, well, there's no single line or trigger that would change the way the rewards are assigned and turn the corpse-info based rewards into mission based rewards, or giving the bulk(s) of stashes in one go. This needs to be done with dealing several files and re-aligning several script pieces, and doing this work harmonically so that the game should not crash. It's a time-consuming modding work. However, there are already small-mods available around which changes the way the stashes are allocated, though I'm not sure if any specific one addresses the vision that you put. Also, NEWSA offers -though not exactly what you want- several stash allocation options.
In short, it's a very long work. :homework: :coffee:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 21 May 2010 22:20

I see, thanks for the info
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Return to Modding Techniques