The big metal gates in the darkvalley

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

The big metal gates in the darkvalley

Postby ket on 15 Mar 2010 17:57

Hiho, me again fellow stalkers :-bd We all know the big metal gates in the darkvalley across the bridge (the set you use when returning to sid after the X-lab mission). I was wondering does anybody know which script file (I assume its script) which "locks" these gates prior to the X-lab mission? I just got done being a bit fancy and adding a level changer from Cordon to the Darkvalley, but of course without those gates in the Darkvalley open all the time it makes returning to Cordon difficult.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Re: The big metal gates in the darkvalley

Postby Nightwatch on 16 Mar 2010 01:14

Hi there! Ok, I'm writing this on my mobile phone, I'm on the road; not holiday though, but a nuisance business trip, so I have to write short. Firstly, I think players can still use the Dark Valley- Garbage Changer, which will take them opposite of Duty Checkpoint. Then Garbage to Cordon is a short walk.
On the doors at Dark Valley, I haven't got interested in them at all up to now, so I hadn't any reason to check them. So you want them keep open even if the X18 mission is not complete. Although I can't look through the files now, I can say that vanilla config\scripts has a lot of door_ files (such as door_locked, door_metal_large, etc) you can check them. val_ files in the same folder are also worth to have a look. Nothing in dialogs_darkvalley or darkvalley_task, which is mostly about codes and hints, as I remember. However, those door_ files in config\scripts cannot activate things by themselves as you know, so they need to be called. That call is not through any XML file on that respect. I would suggest that you should check the all.spawn , alife_l04_darkvalley and seek for "space restrictors" on these doors. When you locate it, I'd say if you then disable any relevant part for this purpose, then the doors will not seek the "mission complete" info to open. I mean, either let them havethe info_portion from start or remove the requirement of it.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: The big metal gates in the darkvalley

Postby ket on 16 Mar 2010 03:28

Thanks I'll give them a little look over. The level changer I added allows the player to go directly to the darkvalley from cordon, even at the very start of the game. Should make things more interesting for players and mix things up.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Return to Modding Techniques