Messing with all.spawn in Clear Sky

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

Messing with all.spawn in Clear Sky

Postby Y|yukichigai on 02 Jun 2010 23:33

Right, so, I've got my handy-dandy acdc tool ready to go, but with Clear Sky it isn't cooperating. Apparently the version of the tool I have doesn't know how to parse the data blocks for campfires (and probably a few other things). Clearly other people have managed to edit all.spawn in Clear Sky. How?
Y|yukichigai

Re: Messing with all.spawn in Clear Sky

Postby Nightwatch on 04 Jun 2010 18:57

What version of the acdc are you using? exe or perl one, and what release? What steps are you taking in your attempt to open the all.spawn? What's your OS? (In Vista, you are advised to turn off the Defender, UAC shot-off is also a very good idea.)
There's a thread here on this forum, though it's about CoC, it may also help reminding a thing that may be relevant with with CS maybe, so have a look at it as well:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=218
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: Messing with all.spawn in Clear Sky

Postby Y|yukichigai on 07 Jun 2010 00:34

Right now I'm using the most current one linked on the Mod Wiki page (the one for version 1.005). I've tried to find a more current version (says it was last updated October of 2007) but I've come up with nothing. And I'm using the perl version.

I've created the batch files as instructed, and the perl runtime is installed. The script WORKS, it just clearly encounters an error when trying to parse campfires. I've tried manually editing the perl script myself so it'll figure out how to parse that info (hey, 5 years for a CS degree, I may as well do something with it) but apparently there are data offsets it needs to extract relevant info and I don't have the SLIGHTEST clue where to figure out those offsets or the variables they correspond to. Using the built-in methods for other object types doesn't work. Oh, and I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, with UAC completely disabled.

The maddening part about this is that I KNOW other people have successfully edited Clear Sky's all.spawn (and Call of Pripyat's even). Is there another program people are using, or is there just a more updated version of acdc that I haven't found?
Y|yukichigai

Return to Modding Techniques