Altering Inventory Weight

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

Altering Inventory Weight

Postby xGryfter on 11 Jul 2010 18:03

I just recently reinstalled Stalker:SoC with the Stalker Complete 2009 mod and I'm loving it. The only problem I have with the game is the ridiculously low weight limit but when I tried to change the limit by altering the "system.itx" file to my preferred max weight of 200lbs and warning level of 150lbs my character still maxes out at 70 even though in my inventory it says my max weight is now 200lbs. Can anyone point me in the direction of a mod that will do this for me without conflicting with the "Complete 2009" mod or show me how to do it my self?

Thanks.

Edit: If any of you have any other mod recommendations to go along with the above feel free to share. :thumbright:
xGryfter

Re: Altering Inventory Weight

Postby Nightwatch on 12 Jul 2010 22:05

Hi xGryfter, welcome to the forum :mozilla_smile: and thanks for your post. Sorry for getting a late reply, it's summer time and still ongoing jobs, replies may get a bit late.

First of all, in regard to your question, I must emphasize a very important that you are using a mod (Stalker Complete 2009) as you say, so any vanilla solution may not actually work, as the modders might have incorporated a dedicated code which could change how things work (for example, in NEWSA, a lot of variables are checked by other functions. So changing a seemingly innocent and single-operating variable that's in reality tied to other functions, can and will significantly affect the game, mostly in a fatal way) ; therefore it's best to ask the modders in their mod's thread for the best answer. I guess they may be supporting their mod in GSC forum, just check there.

However, purely on academic knowledge basis, supposing that if this were to be a vanilla game, then you would have to apply the weight values both in system.ltx and config/creatures/actor files (line: 20) .
Like: (config/creatures/actor) max_item_mass and (system.ltx) max_weight values must match each other.

But this is just a vanilla knowledge-base example. You need to ask the modders for a proper and official response. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: Altering Inventory Weight

Postby 3040Krag on 13 Jul 2010 00:01

The user manual that comes with STALKER Complete 2009 includes specific instructions on modifying the player's weight limit.

To increase the maximum weight limit, open the file:
gamedata\config\system.ltx
and change the following entry:

[inventory]
max_weight = 60

Change the number to any value of your choosing, as this number represents the amount you can carry before the red warning initiates (which causes stamina to run out much faster).

Then open the file:
gamedata\config\creatures\actor.ltx
and change the following entries:

[actor]
max_item_mass = 60

Change the value to be identical to the previous entry (max_weight). Then change:

[actor_condition]
max_walk_weight = 70

This should be a greater value than the previous two, since it represents how much weight you can carry until becoming immobile.
RTFM #-o
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Return to Modding Techniques