Inventory Icons

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

Inventory Icons

Postby Hangman on 04 Feb 2011 02:16

I can do standard Pictures, as you can see here for the Scientific Monolith Suit:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110203065317/stalker/images/3/32/Hangmansocloadout.jpg
But my problem is creating the Inventory version. I can put the images in the file, but I haven't a clue how to define them.
Why oh why can't it be like the armour image picture and simply be a case of name, coordinates, ect...
I think the Inv-pic system works on a grid, but I can't be sure.
Glory to the holy Monolith, we shall abide in it's radiance forever.
The gloried crystal, through the arms of believers, Shall cleanse all those without true faith from the zone.
It is the greatest honour to be allowed in it's presence, let alone within it's very Home.
Pay homage to your benefactors.
Hangman

Re: Inventory Icons

Postby Nightwatch on 05 Feb 2011 15:38

You need Photoshop (full version) to create inventory icons. This is the best program that does the job. Some refer to GIMP, a free program, but I don't know it's effectiveness. In any case, you need to save the inv pictures with alpha channels intact and in proper settings. Yes, it works on grid, when you turn on the grid on photoshop, you'll see the workings. there're literature available to help and guide, and there are links on this forum to access them.

Important Links to Modding Questions and Answers
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=145

You can also check the STALKER files in order to see how the targeting to the inventory icons work, like those in various weapons in config\weapons folder, and config\misc\outfit.ltx and config\misc\unique_items.ltx. Good luck. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Hangman on 07 Feb 2011 03:33

Cheers man, I have PS, and Paint.net, but only Paint.net opens my dds files. If I want to edit them effectively, I have to copy and paste them into photoshop. will that work? I'll hunt down a dds plugin for PS otherwise.
Glory to the holy Monolith, we shall abide in it's radiance forever.
The gloried crystal, through the arms of believers, Shall cleanse all those without true faith from the zone.
It is the greatest honour to be allowed in it's presence, let alone within it's very Home.
Pay homage to your benefactors.
Hangman

Postby Nightwatch on 07 Feb 2011 10:34

You're welcome. :mozilla_smile: Photoshop is the top dog, as you'd know. There's a a reason why people still buy it despite Adobe charges outrages sums for it; well in most cases anyway. :mozilla_smile:

Go to Nvidia, I don't have their internal link now, and it'll take me the same time as it'd for you, so check the "Software" or "Plug-ins" sections, whichever is applicable in their current links, and try to locate the "Nvidia DDS plug-in" --it doesn't matter if you a Nvidia card or not, it install inside Photoshop's plug-ins folder anyway. Open the grid on PS to see the grids on inventory file, you need to set the grid size. Save with Alpha channel, otherwise you won't see the icons in the game.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Return to Modding Techniques