Multiplayer Teleports

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

Multiplayer Teleports

Postby Lancer_Solurus on 26 Mar 2011 01:26

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get it to work? I have managed to get everything working except the teleport part. I've edited the teleport scripts to include a log if it was called (which it isn't). I've also pulled the object and waypoints from the final levels. No luck either. I did include both the walk and lookat weigh points with the teleport object. I only make MP maps so not looking to get it working in SP.
Lancer_Solurus

Re: Multiplayer Teleports

Postby Nightwatch on 31 Mar 2011 19:26

Doesn't look like anyone has got into the Multiplayer that much. For me, I would refrain from offering any ideas as I haven't played multiplayer at all; not quite a multiplayer person. And, for that reason, I wouldn't like to offer theories on something that I haven't seen it in practice, as not always theory works as expected in practice. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Lancer_Solurus on 03 Apr 2011 01:58

Understood, thnks anyways. I experiment alot with the Stalker engine, made a new object just the other day to act like ice for a new map. I will keep messing with it, may get it working someday.
Lancer_Solurus

Postby rockingmtranch on 03 Apr 2011 15:11

Lancer_Solurus wrote:Understood, thnks anyways. I experiment alot with the Stalker engine, made a new object just the other day to act like ice for a new map. I will keep messing with it, may get it working someday.

Ice sounds cool. You going to maybe make some radioactive?
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby Lancer_Solurus on 04 Apr 2011 02:05

As far as I know specific objects don't have a radiation setting. That would be created by making a radioactive zone.
Lancer_Solurus

Postby Nightwatch on 07 Apr 2011 17:23

I believe Rockingmtranch was asking if you'd make the ice as items (why not?) or, say, as an area cover feature; as you can give items radiation properties. Also one may ask if you're contemplating to give ice covered areas (if that would be the case) radioactivity, as this would make the areas more hostile.

Also, I think it'd be more realistic to give some "ice" characters to the ice, once you cover some places with ice; like some slippery effect. The existence of the Ice can also be visually enhanced through weather effects, too, it'd look nice. Also the ice should affect Marked One's and the NPCs' health situations accordingly(if you were to cover areas with it) and it should affect them differently than being on the soil and rock. Seems it'd require some work. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Lancer_Solurus on 08 Apr 2011 01:27

Ahh ok. The ice is an object, it was made from the fake object (the one that keeps you from going where you shouldn't) so it's currently only 2 polys. Works great to keep the level compile time's down. It works very similar to regular ice in that mobility is greatly reduced (or should I say friction is very low). Once you start moving and stop, you keep right on sliding over it. I have managed to get the wall marks (such as blood) to show up on it, still need to play around with it to make it show bullet marks.

As far as making it radioactive, the only way I know of is to place a anomoly zone on it, which is fairly trivial. As far as it affecting Marked One or the NPCs (other than being hard to move on), what did you have in mind?

BTW, it uses a transparent cloud texture so it can be seen through but it can still be seen. If you would like to check it out, I do have a multiplayer map you can play with or I can provide the actual .object file if anyone is interested in playing with it. Plus I'm always looking for testers for all of the maps our team is working on ;)
Lancer_Solurus

Postby Nightwatch on 08 Apr 2011 19:01

It seems that you've already made a significant work :thumbright:

Well, for any additional idea, just from top of my head, it just occurred to me that maybe the ice could cause the characters to start -slowly- losing their health as well. Just an idea, anyway.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Lancer_Solurus on 09 Apr 2011 09:25

I do believe that damage can be done simply by adjusting the settings. I will look into into and see if it's possible.
Lancer_Solurus

Postby fljaweiu on 25 Apr 2011 08:37

I am running two paid versions of the comment script on 2 different sites on a dedicated server.

I have had to turn the display form and display comments off on one site as it was really slowing the sites down to a crawl. I increased mysql database connections to 250 as I was getting a error connecting to database. This error has now gone away but the comment script when enabled slows the page load time down to 30 - 40 seconds.

Is there anyway to prevent it from using so many rsources?
fljaweiu

Postby Nightwatch on 25 Apr 2011 20:20

Are you sure that you've come to the right website? This is a gaming site, mainly on STALKER game. We have nothing to do with comment scripts and server running operations, maybe you were planning to get in touch with the hosting company?
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Return to Modding Techniques