Creating different 'ai' for different factions

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

Creating different 'ai' for different factions

Postby stork...err on 20 Apr 2011 07:17

I say ai (or 'ai' to be exact) but what i really mean is creating different options in m_stalker.ltx for all the different factions.

I know monolith has its own ltx file so i'm hoping to be able to create different behaviour for the other existing factions like the renegades or bandits, or even creating new factions and changing their behaviour too. For example changing their panic behaviour etc but i have no idea how to do it. There is a referral to a stalker custom ltx in m_stalker.ltx but i could not get it to work when i added some different panic behaviour to that (completely empty) ltx. I tried recreating another ltx like the specific monolith one but couldn't get that to work either.

I haven't modded for about a month (taking a break) and am currently away from my home pc so the specific ltxs etc are a bit fuzzy, if you want to help but don't quite understand what i mean say so and i'll give you more specifics.

Any help much appreciated.
stork...err

Re: Creating different 'ai' for different factions

Postby stork...err on 06 May 2011 03:00

This is for Clear Sky by the way, which I forgot to mention, doh.

This would really be a cool way of increasing variety in the game considering how many human targets there are in this version of stalker, so if you could alter all the different statistics like movement speed for starters but there are so many variables in m_stalker.ltx that you could really make completely different behaviour for each faction which would add a lot more personality to the game in general.

It looks like this might (possibly, just a guess) be the direction the developers were going as well looking at the way they had created several different bullet armor values for each faction but then they seemed to change their minds and make more generic values that made each faction the same. I was thinking of just giving each faction different armor values (in a different ltx) and be done with it but the wealth of options in m_stalker.ltx is just too appealing to ignore so if anyone has an idea on if altering these values for different factions is even possible or not please tell me otherwise it's just going to hover in the back of my brain for all eternity and slowly make me insane, probably... ](*,)
stork...err

Postby Nightwatch on 07 May 2011 00:05

The game already applies what you're looking for. Though assigning specific armours with dedicated resistance values to factions or groups of characters can be done, but in general, the game already controls not only the varying bullet-resistance levels of factions, but also the wide-range of other damage values by other means. And varying panic levels are also applied in the game. You need to follow the available documentation and consult them more closely. No answers in such matters are simple and short, but a good research would provide the answers. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby stork...err on 15 Jun 2011 08:17

sdfjbgasdrbgaerg agrjlaerjlg alejrbgaerg
that's me going insane...
I just can't get it to work. I've focused on stuff I can do mainly ugrading weapons and stuff but no matter what I do or where I look I can't seem to figure out how to change faction values in Clear Sky.

If anyone knows how to do and can guide me thru it like I'm a six year old please take pity on me...rant end.
stork...err

Postby ket on 15 Jun 2011 15:21

If panic values are handled the same was as they are in SoC, you can change them via *some* ltx files, but mainly through xml files.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby stork...err on 22 Jun 2011 04:50

THANK YOU for answering me I'll try the xml route but I think things are handled differently in CS. In CS there is a separate ltx just for monolith with just a panic value and nothing else. When I saw that I thought I was in, that was what suckered me into thinking changing ai would be a simple process. I followed the same template as this monolith ltx trying to get renegades to behave differently using panic values as a base for testing (but really panic is just one small aspect of ai I'm interested in, I really want to mess with speed values and a bunch of other stuff in m_stalker.ltx) to see if the new ltxs were doing anything.

Got no joy there. The only time anything happened was when I went through the m_stalker.ltx and found it referred to a custom ltx and then I changed some values in that ltx (which has nothing at all in it) and then I got a crash. After that and several crashes later I gave up and came here. Unfortunately for me though most people steer clear of CS and it seems no one knows the system as well as SOC. I thought I would look in COP to see if I could get some hints there but surprise surprise they changed the system again.

I'm close to giving up but not quite there yet ;) if someone has any detailed stuff about this topic or you just want to try and break down the CS system with me please post, I come back and check as often as I can. Thanks again.
stork...err

Postby ket on 10 Oct 2011 19:38

Sorry, I don't do CS. A lot of stuff is hardcoded and in general CS is just pants.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Return to Modding Techniques