WPN_AKSU_ANOM?

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

WPN_AKSU_ANOM?

Postby Nanban Jim on 07 Sep 2011 18:17

So I'm looking through the LTX files of Stalker SHOC (SC 2009 mod), and I find a strange entry in config\misc\death_generic.ltx under item_dependence:

ammo_5.45x39_ap = wpn_ak74u, wpn_ak74, wpn_abakan, wpn_abakan_m1, wpn_aksu_anom, wpn_ak74_m1, wpn_abakan_m2, wpn_groza_m1, wpn_ak74u_m1
ammo_5.45x39_fmj = wpn_ak74u, wpn_ak74, wpn_abakan, wpn_abakan_m1, wpn_aksu_anom, wpn_ak74_m1, wpn_abakan_m2, wpn_groza_m1, wpn_ak74u_m1

This is the only place I find this entry. Another removed item?
Nanban Jim

Re: WPN_AKSU_ANOM?

Postby Nightwatch on 08 Sep 2011 16:32

Hi Nanban Jim, welcome to the forum

Congratulations should be in order that you've noticed this tiny entry in the vanilla files (the mod you refer to seems to have carried the same entry along with the vanilla file). It seems like you're correct there and that GSC had abandoned its inclusion before the game's release. Though the name -despite strangely unfitting the accustomed naming protocol of GSC- suggests some clues about what the intention was with this weapon. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: WPN_AKSU_ANOM?

Postby Nanban Jim on 17 Sep 2011 19:18

Thanks Nightwatch! It was accidental, I was going through Trader files, I can't remember what for because I found this and got distracted. (Then I merged a mod without making a backup and borked my install, with the disk some six states away. ](*,) )

My theory is that the AKSU_ANOM was essentially the Winchester+Gravi but in an AKS-74U, and it proved a bit too unbalancing in anything pre-Agroprom but useless post-Agroprom (Strelok's AK is incredibly versatile); while a shotgun by Scorcher+ would become very marginal, so one with an added bonus was quite important by then. Especially to provide an alternative to Poker's threaded SPAS.

I base this on practically nothing, but it's a good story! :thumbright:
Nanban Jim

Return to Modding Techniques