Heres something that will confuse you..

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

Heres something that will confuse you..

Postby ket on 23 Nov 2011 18:15

Ok, I've only just noticed this and its rather odd. I've changed some things so you can place them in item boxes (binoculars, torch, and knife) but here is the strange thing, if I open up my rucksack inventory the items don't show up but if I open a item box inventory the binoculars, torch and knife show up fine. Ideas? Am I being a retard and missing something really obvious here?
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Re: Heres something that will confuse you..

Postby Nightwatch on 23 Nov 2011 23:50

Maybe it's due to the late hours I'm writing this reply that I might've not understand the question well, but as i get it, you say you put them into the item boxes instead of your rucksack, so it'd be expectable for them to show up in the item boxes -not in the rucksack- so it works alright I guess.

But, do you want them to shop up both in the item boxes and in the rucksack as well? If so, then you can try making copies of them with a generic names and place each set into a different inventory, one set to the item boxes and another set to the rucksack, I'd say.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby ket on 24 Nov 2011 00:16

I think its the time and possibly a few more beers than usual ;) What I mean is I've made it so the torch, binoculars and knife are "optional", aka you can store them in a box if you want to to trim a little more weight if you need to. When opening a inventory box weather the knife, torch and binoculars are in your rucksack or the inventory box they show up, but lets say you move them back into your rucksack inventory if you then go and just open your rucksack inventory, they don't show up in the inventory but you can still use them. If that isn't very clear still I'll upload some pics to show what I mean.
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301

ket
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 24 Nov 2011 14:02

Now the problem is very definitive. Those items, Binocular, Torch and Knife, are a bit prone to be buggy in the game. As far as I remember, various attempts in modding community to make their use differently than what the developers intended -like using them as merchandise, etc- have been largely hit-and-miss, and proving to be prone to glitches and cases of sometimes working in one PC and not doing so in another. A relevant example would be that some attempts to implement the Binocular characteristics into a zoomable-weapon scope has not proved widely successful. They may be caused by dll level bugs.
Your work seems to be successful at the greater extent in your planned target (minus the lack of their visuals in your rucksack upon their retrieval from the item box, but that's a bit a minor issue as long as you know they're there and you can use them) but, I'd like to sound a caution here, if I may, as they may at some point generate a CTD prompting like: "cannot find/locate item xxxxx ... (in....) " with a type of log. Their weight must be really negligible in the game, I'd assume. It's not my place to ask, but just out of curiosity :mozilla_smile: , wouldn't be more cost-effective and secure (less troublesome) to enhance the items' characteristics and usability? You're great in enhancing visuals and working dynamics of items.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby ket on 24 Nov 2011 19:23

Ah, in that case I'll leave them as they are. Minus the fact of the items not showing up in the rucksack inventory I've never had any problems storing/removing the items nor have I had any CTD related to them. By default the items did use up quite a bit of weight (something like 4KG I think it was) but I've adjusted that anyway. Visually I've done all I can for the torch, binoculars and knife. I did once try making a belt attachable PNV to be used with suits that didn't have a NV headset built in but the results were... buggy. I've also toyed with making the knife throwable like the bolts but I don't think X-Ray would like that too much, best case scenario it would look really odd having a fresh knife just "pop up" in your hand :p On the plus side though just today I fixed the very juddery grass motions. Now its nice and fluid, and bushes and tree branches now sway properly too in SoC. Don't know how the devs fixed that problem in CS and COP but the paramaters in those games are the same as in SoC. The paramaters make no sence what the devs used though because they used integers but used paramaters with fractions! Silly devs.

ket
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 26 Nov 2011 02:07

Good call.
And all the new works sound highly promising. :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby ket on 26 Nov 2011 10:54

I uploaded the new beta to moddb (Clicky) if you want to give it a whirl. I'm constantly patching 15-11-11 atm though as I keep finding little things, most of which are not game breaking, but just need that bit of polish on them. The latest patch I'm working on (V0.6) addresses the major lag the M203 grenade causes when letting one off inside somewhere and gives some weapons running animations that just didn't have any. These fixes are experimental at this stage but no reason why they wouldn't work. Once I've verified the fixes the patch will be released :)

ket
Senior Resident

Return to Modding Techniques