Xbox 360 connecting from the PC to Live

Xbox 360 connecting from the PC to Live

Postby Balious on 08 Jan 2009 14:35

Not exactly sure if it would go here but I thought it would.

Anyway heres the story of my problem. I got a xbox 360 for christmas and have 11 games with it. When it was in my living room there was no problem connecting it to xbox live as I wired it to the router. But for me to have more time on the xbox and so its not in the way downstairs it had been brought into my room where of course I have no router in. I get on the internet through wireless as I don't like cables everywhere. But the problem is my xbox 360 is not wireless unless I buy the thing for it which is like £60 as most people say is a total rip off and I agree. I read ways that you can connect the xbox to your PC and use it as a network to get onto the internet. I have tried doing this but it fails everytime on connecting.

Does anyone know a solution to my problem or a cheap wireless adapter/adaptor for it if that work? Yes I do seem to always get multiple problems at once in my life.
Balious
Senior Resident

Re: Xbox 360 connecting from the PC to Live

Postby jamie1992 on 09 Jan 2009 00:07

I myself, connect my xbox to live via a wireless bridge on my comp, you have to go to your settings/properties of your connection and click this.

http://i40.tinypic.com/m8mrsi.jpg

After that, you gotta go to your router, on it, you have to forward your computer's IP outside the main bridge, via a DMZ edit if you wish, then Enable UPNP, then try it, if it still fails, no idea. :S
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Return to Hardware Corner