Hardware for sale!

Hardware for sale!

Postby EggChen on 21 Jan 2009 22:40

I don't think this is against forum rules, but feel free to tell me off if it is!!

I'm trying to raise some cash for replacement parts, and have some items to sell, I'm going to stick them on ebay but I have no history on there so may find buyers to be a bit hesitant. I thought you guys could have first refusal.... I'll ship it anywehere, but obviously it may be safer for UK based players....

NVIDIA 7800GS 512MB AGP, one of the best if you still run an AGP system. Needs a 6pin power connector, and an AGP 8x slot. Used, but otherwise in perfect condition including packaging, never overclocked. The only thing I have done to it is stripped the heatsink and thermal paste, replaced with arctic silver.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/new ... s-clothing

I had it in a P4 3.2 system with 2GB DDR, Stalker maxed at 1024x768 35-60 fps....

Asus P5Q3 Deluxe, high quality board, but word of warning, is DDR3 which is why i never used it. Brought it with that package I got, didn't realise DDR3, so it was cheaper to buy a new board (the one that has since blown), than RMA my DDR2 and buy DDR3. Never used, still boxed.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... ubcat=1155

Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 Rev2 (Socket 775) PCI-Express/AGP DDR2 Motherboard, an interesting board. I used it for a while when my P4 started playing up. It enabled me to use a newer Core 2 Duo with DDR2 and my AGP card shown above... perfect for a partial upgrade if your running AGP and have a good card. Again word of warning, it is not compatible with 16x PCI-E cards.... best use for this is if you want to upgrade CPU and RAM, but keep your old AGP workhorse going for a bit.

Used, boxed, all docs and cables, never overclocked.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... =MB-011-AK

I have an Audigy 2 soundcard as well... will try and find details if anyone is interested.

Let me know if your interested, otherwise I'll stick them on ebay.

If your interested but sceptical, I'd be happy to do the transaction through E-bay and set up paypal, etc.
EggChen

Re: Hardware for sale!

Postby Nightwatch on 21 Jan 2009 23:01

Of course we can offer our PC stuff to our members' interest, private selling/exchange, OK. But, sorry that I'm not on AGP system at the moment, otherwise it sure is a very good piece. Maybe someone else can make a good use of it here, let's see. Otherwise, I can try to sell it on your behalf on eBay if it can be managed.

PS: How is going in general with your efforts of getting a refund for the burnt out PSU and mobo?
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 21 Jan 2009 23:37

Cheers buddy, not good, hence the sale!

Its a no go with the board, as you can see it blew from a power surge... a scorch mark is quite visible on the white plastic power block on the board itself :-"

Have not tried the PSU yet, as I cannot find the original purchase details/receipt.... Hoping my company can afford a payrise or bonus this year.

Worst thing is I got £250 in vouchers for PC World/Dixons/Currys recently as a sort of bonus at work....

Think I can find compatible parts in PC World? Nope...
Think they are helpful in ordering parts in so I can spend money in their store? Nope...

So I'm trying to offload the vouchers to a relative or friend, so I can spend £250 elsewhere. Trouble is, with current economy not many people feel like buying a nice new Blu-ray or anything... I'm waiting on my bro, who says he may buy a new TV soon, trouble is it took 4 months to get money back last time I lent him some, and he mentioned "I may not be able to give you the £250 straight away"....

Never rains but it pours :-w
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 22 Jan 2009 00:06

Too bad for the PSU and mobo. If you can find the receipt of PSU, provided that it's still under guarantee, you should be able to claim a refund, as after all it was the one that caused the blow out. they should have a circuit in them to cut the current off in case something like happens.

how did you buy it in the first place, if it was by credit card/debit card (or cheque0 you may be able to trace the purchase through the statements. Just a slim idea. :mozilla_smile:

PC word wouchers are good, as any free bonus type of thing, but the problem is such vouchers do tie you to a shop only and as you say, when they are not any customer friendly, it's difficult to get what you really want -instead of what they really want to sell to you. :mozilla_smile:

You can offer those voucher on ebay witha bit of cutting the asking price, if it comes to that and they offer no good for you; just another, even slimmer idea.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby VINTAR on 22 Jan 2009 06:24

Hey Eggchen,

I still use an AGP system and want to do a small upgrade. How much do you want for the graphics card?

Will it handle Fall Out 3?

The only problem is I have no idea how I would pay for it??
Core2Quad Q8300 2.5 @ 3.6ghz
Cooler Master Hyper TX 2 CPU cooler
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
2 GIGS Transcend DDR2 800 pc6400 @ 960
Thermaltake Tough Power 650w PSU
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
-----------------------------------
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 22 Jan 2009 21:17

Hmmm, I had not really thought about that #-o

I guess ebaying it would be the way to go, we could do transaction over paypal... talking of the price, this one is going for £50+ with about a day left on auction... so say £60?? Anyway, if your interested I can add it on ebay and give you the details....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... egory=3762

It would run F3, it ran Oblivion, but probably on medium to high rather than very high, and it would depend on your other specs. It was the best AGP card, but I think a later ATI one now holds that title, still its in the top 2 or 3.

I'll investigate this ebay thing, need to set up an account.

Edit : Some other loose performance examples.... most of these were later when it was being fed by a Core 2 Duo 6600.... all at 1024x768 and smooth, so guessing 30fps+

Crysis, med/high mix
Call of Duty 4, maxed
Gears of War, high
Company of Heroes, med/high mix
Bioshock, maxed with exception of a HDR effect
Unreal Tournament 3, med/high mix
BF2, Special Forces, Quake 4, Doom 3, GTA San Andreas all maxed with plenty to spare.

When I ran Oblivion on it, it was paired with a P4 3.2, and was med/high mix.
EggChen

Postby VINTAR on 23 Jan 2009 06:37

Thats sounds reasonably OK

My system is :

P4 3.0ghz
1.5 gigs RAM
Nvidia Geforce FX5500

Plays Doom 3 and Quake 4 fine, but will not play FO3

Let me think about it for the weekend. If I go for it, I think my Father in law has a Paypal account and yes EBAY would be fine. What would you charge for shipping to South Africa? (Check the price for insurance too) This is Africa after all. :mozilla_wink:

Amazon will not ship to South Africa anymore because of parcel theft :(
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby VINTAR on 27 Jan 2009 07:33

Hi Eggchen

I spoke to my wife about upgrading the comp, and shes decided to put towards it too seeing as she uses it the most working from home.

So I will be upgrading completely to core 2 quad with PCI-E so no need for AGP anymore.

I`m sure you will get a good price on EBAY.

Thanks for the offer :mozilla_wink:
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 27 Jan 2009 22:38

No worries Vintar, it would probably have been a short term fix for you.... quick upgrade, nice performance boost, but still behind the times!!

I'll stick everything on e-bay, just wanted to give you guys the opportunity.

I'm half tempted to build a second rig for the sort of situation I am in with my current one, but I could also do with generating some cash to get out of the situation I'm in!!!

My dad's PC already has a 256Mb 7800 from my bro, and he still uses it for Zuma :-??
EggChen

Postby VINTAR on 28 Jan 2009 07:02

Yeah its nice to have a spare pc knocking about.

The bast I could do with spares is to build a celeron based one :mozilla_smile: So no point there.

It is better to have cash though.

Again thanks for the offer :-bd
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 31 Jan 2009 01:08

EggChen wrote:Cheers buddy, not good, hence the sale!

Its a no go with the board, as you can see it blew from a power surge... a scorch mark is quite visible on the white plastic power block on the board itself :-"

Have not tried the PSU yet, as I cannot find the original purchase details/receipt.... Hoping my company can afford a payrise or bonus this year.

Worst thing is I got £250 in vouchers for PC World/Dixons/Currys recently as a sort of bonus at work....

Think I can find compatible parts in PC World? Nope...
Think they are helpful in ordering parts in so I can spend money in their store? Nope...

So I'm trying to offload the vouchers to a relative or friend, so I can spend £250 elsewhere. Trouble is, with current economy not many people feel like buying a nice new Blu-ray or anything... I'm waiting on my bro, who says he may buy a new TV soon, trouble is it took 4 months to get money back last time I lent him some, and he mentioned "I may not be able to give you the £250 straight away"....

Never rains but it pours :-w

Can't you use those vouchers on the PC World business site? If you can, Good mobo, better mobo,nice balanced mobo, slightly better version of the balanced option

Heres a replacement PSU My recommended combo would be the P5Q Pro and the PC&P PSU. All round quality and reliability.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 31 Jan 2009 15:19

Thank ket, I never knew about the business site, and I guess the staff at PC World do not either!!

I'll take a look, I'm receiving the vouchers on Monday, so hopefully I may be up and running soon.

Edit: Thanks for the recommendations, will check out the mobos, not sure about that psu as I need an 8pin Pci (as well as a 6 pin). Will have a look around that site.
EggChen

Return to Hardware Corner