budget gaming laptop

budget gaming laptop

Postby MeanderingBeing on 09 Sep 2010 02:18

title says it all. Saving up for a laptop or netbook I can play Stalker SoC and other singleplayer games on while stuck on a greyhound for 4 days straight. Not looking for anything top of the line or such, but I am looking for something that I can play SoC with a decent framerate. I honestly have no clue when it comes to laptops, so I'm deferring to the wise judgement of my fellow stalkers... Any suggestions? What kind of prices will I be looking at?
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Re: budget gaming laptop

Postby Hangman on 12 Sep 2010 23:27

I'm no hardware buff, so I can only give basic advice. My laptop is a hp pavillion dv5, 3gb ram and an nvidia card(so sue me). It didn't blow the budget for me, and plays stalker just fine at high detail.
At any rate, you'd be wanting decent ram, a good video card, and whatever fits the system requirements at "recommended" as opposed to "minimum". Anyone else should feel absolutely free to stomp all over my humble opinion because I haven't much experience with hardware at all.
Glory to the holy Monolith, we shall abide in it's radiance forever.
The gloried crystal, through the arms of believers, Shall cleanse all those without true faith from the zone.
It is the greatest honour to be allowed in it's presence, let alone within it's very Home.
Pay homage to your benefactors.
Hangman

Re: budget gaming laptop

Postby ket on 11 Oct 2011 00:13

When it comes to laptops, make sure it has a nVidia or ATI graphics chip. Thats basically all you need to know to get a laptop thats "good enough" for mobile gaming.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Return to Hardware Corner