STALKER Help

STALKER Help

Postby Balious on 06 Jul 2011 15:24

Wasn't sure where to exactly put this but it affects all three of my STALKER games.

I remember this being discussed in one of the mod chats here but can't remember which and no idea if a fix was found.

Basically the game freezes every so often while loading things. For example if I was playing stalker shadow of chernobyl with the zone wars mod lots of different things happen so my game would freeze for a mini second every 6 mins or so to load more stalkers or something far away on the map or something. It happen at any different time so it could be 20 minutes before it happens and I think the problem was having more then one core for the processor. Its not really annoying depending how many times it does it every so often im just wondering if there was something that lower this chance?

Would suck to try recording the game and it does it every few minutes so any help be wonderful. Sorry if there is an actual fix and I completely didn't see it. And again I say its not that annoying of a problem but I like the chance of it freezing to happen being minium.

Im sleepy and rushed writing this a little so sorry if its not well understood.
Balious
Senior Resident

Re: STALKER Help

Postby MeanderingBeing on 06 Jul 2011 22:30

Actually, I have the same problem. I get that every 8 minutes or so, where it'll like stutter and freeze for like 5 seconds. I found that the -noprefetch command minimized the issue, however I think it's an issue with insufficient RAM. I think what's happening is that the RAM maxes out, dumps, then reloads. I had that problem very often with my 2g build, but the 4g rarely had that, but it still happened once in a while.
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Re: STALKER Help

Postby ket on 10 Oct 2011 00:48

I know the problem you speak of. The issue is actually multifold;

- Since patch 1.0003 (or was it 1.0004?) some processes were moved to the second CPU stream. This is when the freezes got noticable.
- Fine-tuning AI switch distance can help a bit, but won't get rid of it.
- The freezing is also caused by the renderer itself, deffinately the r2 rendered (DX9), I don't thing the r1 renderer (DX8) has this issue.

Theres not much you can do about this apart from have lots of RAM handy for Stalker, a fast GPU and CPU.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Return to Hardware Corner