Done fucked again!

Done fucked again!

Postby MeanderingBeing on 01 Apr 2010 06:15

Alright. Really. Fuck everything and everyone.

Today my legitimate copy of windows that I have owned for almost 5 years now was "deactivated" by MicroCock. Apparently I was running a pirated copy of shitty Windows XP Media Center Edition x32 that doesn't let me run half of my fucking games because it is so FUBAR. Apparently I didn't spend the 100+ dollars on the damn program when I bought my computer all those years ago. (Mind you, this is on the same computer that was dropped by the postman and had to rebuild, and never got around to putting a newer x64 OEM on.) Called tech support to be told that they will not re-activate my version of windows as they cannot prove that I DID NOT pirate the copy. (Guilty until proven innocent, anyone?) I told them I had their stupid certificate of authenticity plastered on the side of my new case, and that was proof enough. According to them, those don't mean jack shit. I then proceeded to tell them that I will start pirating their products from this point forward, encourage a great many people to follow suit, and MicroCock can shove its monopoly right up their loose anus.

If it weren't for that wonderful little fact that only a small fraction of games can be played on a linux box, I would have switched over to linux the FIRST time MicroCock fucked me over. (My XBox exploded and caught fire back in '04... I called them to complain about the fire it started... They sent me a NEW FUCKING POWER CHORD with a little letter saying that they have discovered a defect with the power unit that causes the xbox to *surprise, surprise* explode and ignite. They never addressed the fact that my xbox had ALREADY exploded, or the fact that I had a hole in my entertainment center... But sending me a power chord makes everything alright. Yes it does!)

I have an idea. Let's get MicroCock's programmers and CEOs to stop hiding behind their army of middle-eastern customer service reps, and let every single person who has ever been pissed off at MicroCock to backhand them across the face.

EDIT: Oh yeah, now I am running on a pirated copy of x64. They will never get my money again.
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Re: Done fucked again!

Postby Nightwatch on 01 Apr 2010 17:31

I couldn't help smiling while reading your comments on Microsoft, and it sounds like they all have a valid ground. There are so many complaints against MS are being heard on the Internet. You're not alone against their wrath. They rip off their customers -and their workers as well- (MS earns billions of Dollars, do you think if it shares it justifiably with those who actually invent and write the software?) But when they see any opportunity at all to get another penny/cent, they don't miss their chance.
You're in the US, there are many interesting cases in which people sued the companies claiming that, in order to be able to continue to practice their legally given/owned rights, those companies had caused them to go through (any) controversial paths which might have put them (customers) in somewhat perilous situations -which is on top of demanding further compensations for their stress in the whole event.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 01 Apr 2010 17:48

Yep. Four years Linux this coming August. B-(
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby Balious on 01 Apr 2010 19:19

Microsoft have been doing it since the start :mozilla_surprised: damn them to whatever hell suits them for all the annoying things they done.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 01 Apr 2010 19:53

rockingmtranch wrote:Yep. Four years Linux this coming August. B-(

Alrighty, is there a platform or emulator or something I can use to play my games on linux or what? Because if there is, I'm switching to ubunto first chance I get.
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 01 Apr 2010 23:33

MeanderingBeing wrote:

Alrighty, is there a platform or emulator or something I can use to play my games on linux or what? Because if there is, I'm switching to ubunto first chance I get.
The closest to doing "it all" is Codeweavers, http://www.codeweavers.com/

You'll still struggle, at least a bit, with many games. Some games involve much more than struggling. IMNSHO, one of the reasons MS keeps making new releases of DX is to lock the gaming platform to their O/S.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 02 Apr 2010 04:23

And there seem to be other options: http://www.playonlinux.com/en/ I haven't looked at this too much but it shows there is an interest. If you have your pc with windows but not connected to the internet, use it for gaming and either install Ubuntu on a partition or just run it from the disk when you want to be online. I've successfully run for weeks off a disk without issue. Or a flash drive: http://www.pendrivelinux.com/

And I forgot: http://www.cedega.com/ This was Codeweavers startup I believe.
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby ket on 22 Apr 2010 00:28

MeanderingBeing wrote:

One word: WINE.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 22 Apr 2010 04:33

Abandon hope, all ye who use vanilla WINE! What a snake-pit of tweaks, tunes, and configurations! I love WINE, but what did I do to deserve THAT hell?
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 22 Apr 2010 14:53

I played Medal Of Honor and Call of Duty using Cedega. Worked excellent but the problem was, back then anyway, Cedega was $5 a month to use. I haven't checked back with them in over a year. Hmmmm....maybe I should B-)
----------------
rockingmtranch

Return to Software Desk