firewall

firewall

Postby vagirotti on 04 Jul 2010 11:24

What is a very simple firewall that I can use to control internet rights for programs on my computer? Perhaps I must be clearer. I am not going to use zone alarm that mucks up my system start up (although it is a very nice firewall program). A router is not going to aide me at all when it comes to blocking the programs on my hard disk.
vagirotti

Re: firewall

Postby Nightwatch on 05 Jul 2010 13:08

I've been using ZoneAlarm for a very long time plus a hardware router firewall, so I might not be able to give a qualified opinion on other software firewalls; however, I know that COMODO firewall is also highly valued ( anyone who have used this or any other firewall is welcome to add their opinion). Also the one of the very simple ones is the Windows' own firewall, though it's effectiveness have been questioned many times, but I haven't heard that it gives any conflicts or other glitches. (I might be under-informed on this, though.)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: firewall

Postby chrisadam2 on 14 Sep 2010 06:24

A firewall is a part of a computer system or network that is designed to block unauthorized access while permitting authorized communications. It is a device or set of devices that is configured to permit or deny network transmissions based upon a set of rules and other criteria.

Return to Software Desk