Fallout Mods Discussion

Fallout Series Disscussions and Mods

Fallout Mods Discussion

Postby fatrap on 05 Sep 2009 16:46

OldFighter wrote:Hmmm, I think we Stalker junkies have been abandoned and we may not get Fatraps updated Mutant Madness. :toimonster:

Nope! Just hang on a bit... sometimes I break off from modding STALKER just to get new ideas. The updated Mutant Madness was pretty much done but I just wanted to add more stuff to it. Might be a while though. But, I will be glad to upload what I have finished. Just remember that this one requires a new game and any changes that I make to it might also require a restart. That is why I did not want to upload it just yet!

And if anyone wants to try out my FO3 stuff, pop me an email and I will send it to you! :thumbright:
fatrap
Senior Resident

Re: FPS Run 'n Gun Special Edition

Postby OldFighter on 05 Sep 2009 17:55

Good to hear Fatrap. Your mods are what keeps Stalker interesting for me. Though I may try OL3 when it is done and I may have to look into Fallout 3 now. ;)
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 05 Sep 2009 18:09

OldFighter wrote:Good to hear Fatrap. Your mods are what keeps Stalker interesting for me. Though I may try OL3 when it is done and I may have to look into Fallout 3 now. ;)

Oh MAN!! FO3 is a must play! I mean, stalker rules, but game engine/graphics/npc work is 200% better....among other things.
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 05 Sep 2009 21:08

fatrap wrote: And if anyone wants to try out my FO3 stuff, pop me an email and I will send it to you! :thumbright:

Great news! Why don't you post it on our Fallout 3 thread and make your mod file available on the post as an attachment? :thumbright: Many people visit this website, many non-members they can download it, too; if you wish that way, of course.

If there are other mods available for Fallout 3, in any shape or form, we can open a dedicated section for Fallout 3, transferring the current thread into it as well. You may just start to lead the way. :mozilla_smile:

EDIT/add:
Hey, we can open a section for mode and some other additional stuff for fallout 3 right now. What you think?
Also, anyone else has anything to post on Fallout 3?

PS: I'll later move this post and related answers to Fallout 3 section, for not to sidetrack your Run & Gun thread.
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 05 Sep 2009 21:30

I personnaly don't see all the hype on Fallout 3. I like the game and all but treat it the same as oblivion. Fallout 3 doesn't even feel like a Fallout game in my opinion.

But if theres to be a Fallout section. It has to include Fallout 1 & 2. And the other games of it. As they what make Fallout 3 exist today :thumbright:
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 06 Sep 2009 01:24

I think FO 3 is a very immersive game. The perc right now (for me, anyway) is the variety - and the advanced level of "stuff". I am not saying I an done with Stalker - I am just enjoying a game that looks good, works good - no hiccups. (and women!! :ymdevil: )
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby OldFighter on 06 Sep 2009 02:57

Sounds interesting but I have not even gotten around to playing my copy of Left 4 Dead yet, and I am giving serious thought to trying X3. I have been playing combat flight sims for so many years a space sim with some combat sounds pretty cool to me.

As for the graphics in FO3, graphics are not that big a thing to me. As long as it looks reasonable but is a good game I am happy. Heck I still play Outlaws, Serious Sam FE/SE along with CFS1 and 2.

And for the record, Serious Sam FE is THE game that could have really used the Snork Sweeper. =))
There is no social situation so serious that it can not be solved by the proper use of high explosives.
OldFighter
Senior Resident

Postby cobra428 on 08 Sep 2009 22:14

A Fallout 3 section sounds good to me. I,am currently using around 50 different mods together on this play through. Have not played the last four DLC,s so that what I,m working my way up to now. :mozilla_smile:
cobra428
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 08 Sep 2009 22:20

OK, all Fallout 3 modding discussion posts have now been moved to this newly opened dedicated thread for it. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby MeanderingBeing on 08 Sep 2009 23:55

Man, I have to buy FallOut 3 and all the expansions for PC now?
......Sounds like a great idea!

Heh, I sold my Xbox anyways... I got sick of fallout and prototype freezing.
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Re: Fallout Mods Discussion

Postby fatrap on 28 Sep 2009 22:58

OK guys.... here is a small Fallout 3 Mod for you to tinker with. It changes a few things that I found really annoying and I don't think it changes the gameplay all that much. It does make it a lot funner!!! :thumbright:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zh5dzzdzcyu

What this mod does is make a few of the unique weapons more powerful and more accurate and one armor has been beefed up (the armored vault suit that you get from Moira Brown). It will let you carry a bunch of weight plus it is repairable with all the Raider armor and most of the Enclave armor. Your base carry weight has been increased a little, the vendors have more money, all the weapons and armor are more durable, the Pip Boy light is stronger, some of the items that had no value now have a value (like the mutilated remains that you find in gore piles)... Just a bunch of things that make it more enjoyable to play.... What you want to watch out for is any item that is labeled FPS.... for instance, the Terrible shotgun is now the FPS Street Sweeper. And you all know how much I love my shotties!!!!

A lot of the stupid things have been fixed.... like forks and tin cans that weigh a pound each!!! AAAARRRRGGGHHH! What were they thinking????

Anyhow, what you want to do is get loaded out with the FPS Street Sweeper (Terrible shotgun you get from Smilin' Jack in the Bazaar at Evergreen Mills), FPS Grunt (armored vault suit that Moira Brown gives you), FPS 5MM Super SMG (the 10MM Ultra SMG you get from Sydney), FPS Wazer Wifle (you get from Biwwy in Little Lamplight) and some FPS eyewear and a FPS ballcap. And don't forget your FPS Dart Gun...... B-)

This mod is a WIP and it is far from finished. (Really it is just something I am doing for myself). Several folks have been asking about it so I thought I would go ahead and upload it.

There is no read-me file with it.... all the info is right here. I would suggest installing FOMM to manage your mods... also, I did not try to make this compatible with all the other mods out there. Since I made it for myself, it is all I use....
Enjoy! :-bd
fatrap
Senior Resident

Postby Grump642 on 29 Sep 2009 01:12

Thank you kind sir!
Grump642
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 29 Sep 2009 04:32

Grump642 wrote:Thank you kind sir!

Yeah. What he ^ said....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 29 Sep 2009 06:32

Thanks FatRap, for modding here too. I'll have to wait for a new game to try it myself. I have waaay too many weapon mods and
about 40 other mods currently. I would not want you to mess up my PipBoy right now. You should see the babe that's on there. B-)
It might still work, if its only a brighter light.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 30 Sep 2009 01:48

Don't forget there is a nude painspike armor(female version) mod out there... :-"
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 01 Oct 2009 15:49

On a more X( note: - need another modding for dummies course. Got ahold of a pretty good mod, fairly large.
extracted the files to where the readme said, (C:\documents and settings\Jeff\my documents\my games\fallout 3), change the (binvalidateoldfiles) from =0 to =1 in my confog file. then it said to "activate" the .esp file... :-??
I had assumed the downloads on the main menu would not be grayed out, & I could "activate" it from there...

Fkr ain't working :mozilla_yell: -any input from the mod gurus? 8-[
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 01 Oct 2009 16:15

I think Rock and fatrap, and other Fallot players who use mods can (and will) be more helpfull than me, but until one of them reaches here, I've found something in one of my folders:

Well, I haven't incorporated any mods into Fallout 3 yet, but I have a small guide and small program from Fallout site, which says ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated!" version 1.6.0.6
Either in zip or in exe form (exe is recommended by the creators) and apparently it sets everything up for you, so that you can enjoy the mod(s) without anymore hassle.

It says in its readme:
ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated

This little program will allow you to totally eliminate the need of ArchiveInvalidation.txt! But how does it work? It works by adding a dummy texture BSA to the start of the BSA load list, this stops Fallout 3's ArchiveInvalidation from running on its main texture BSA allowing any texture replacements you have to work automatically without the need to do anything ever again.

Important Notes
-Once you've "Activated" ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! you do not need to keep it running to receive its effects or activate it again when adding/removing textures ect.
-ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! will set bInvalidateOlderFiles to 1, on some computers setting bInvalidateOlderFiles to 1 in Fallout 3's ini will cause the game to crash on startup, at the moment it is unknown why this happens and there is no solution yet, unfortunatly you'll have to do without ANY modified original content since bInvalidateOlderFiles needs to be set to 1 to use any.
If you are using Windows Vista make sure you DO NOT play Fallout 3 from your Program Files folder, this has been known to cause strange problems (if UAC is on/incorrect permissions), install Fallout 3 somewhere else.
-This will work with all versions of Fallout 3.
-ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! will set bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles to 1 as well which allows new NPC's added by a mod to have their proper body/face color as they where set in G.E.C.K.
-ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! can be run from anywhere, it will read your Fallout 3 path from the registry and if it cannot find it/path is incorrect it will ask you to choose your Fallout 3 folder.
-ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! will delete your ArchiveInvalidation.txt upon activation, keeping ArchiveInvalidation.txt while ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! is active can cause issues.

There are 2 version to chose from:
Program Version (recommended) - very easy to use program, allowing you to easily activate/deactivate ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated!
Manual Version - Contains easy to follow instructions on how to setup ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated! and the dummy texture BSA."
==========================

You may wish to check the Fallout mod downloads section and look for it, if not available or moved anywhere, I can then attach this file to the post. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Balious on 01 Oct 2009 17:32

I would assume fallout mods work the same way as oblivion.

Have you tried the fallout mod manager? I am sure one exists somewhere but :-??
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby fatrap on 01 Oct 2009 22:20

Fallout 3 has many, many mods available for it.... and it can get tricky getting everything to work. There is a Mod Manager called FOMM available here:
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=640
It works really well.... just remember to list your files in the correct order. In other words, fallout3.exe then fallout3.esm, then any of the expansion packs like Broken Steel and finally the mods you want to play. You simply drag and drop them into the order you want.

OK... that will handle the simple mods like mine where there is just a esp file.... if the mod has a bsa file then you need to use ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated to get those new bsa files to work.... get it here:
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=944

OK.... in case the mod used extended scripts (and some of the biggies do), you need FOSE..... get it here:
http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8606

These files all have good read-me's with them..... READ THE DERN THINGS!!!!!!! Also there is a lot of info in the "comments" section in those links..... spend some time there and you will have a much better experience at getting things to work.

OK.... while I am at it.... Fallout 3 is buggier than hell! Right off the bat when you install it it can bork up. It will try to install an out of date WindowsLive and a borked .net framework 3.0 Those files will cause you all kinds of trouble. Also, the latest patch is 1.7 and I would recommend installing it.

One last thing.... do not under any circumstances download illegal software for this game (like any of the DLC packs such as Broken Steel). I am not preaching moral values here.... although it is wrong to pirate them. You can get them legally for about $10.00 each through Games for Windows (800 points each).... What I am going to tell you is that those illegal torrents are tracked very closely by a 3rd party security company. Download them and the chances are very good that your ISP will be sending you a little email notice and you will have to jump through hoops to get back in good grace!!!!

Hope this helps! :-bd
fatrap
Senior Resident

Next

Return to Fallout