Fallout Series

Fallout Series Disscussions and Mods

Postby Balious on 31 Oct 2008 12:12

Everyone that has fallout 3 let us know what its like. Especially you jamie.. who im talking to now..
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 31 Oct 2008 14:30

audioave10 wrote:Wow, Fallout 3 seems to be the real deal. That's the game I'll buy next.
Remember...Fallout 1 & 2 were top-down point-and-click games. But I
guess they were deeper than most games and were well loved.

Yup, I think I'll push forward the buying day of far Cry 2, it's indeed getting lower and lower points from thoe who have been playing.
But Fallout 3, just released today, seems to be "Real Deal." Hope turns out like that. It has a low level DRM, as they say, no limited installation or any other online activation, it only would check the disk. Well, I don't like DRM, but in comparion what others offer, this one is somewhat liveable with. :)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby EggChen on 31 Oct 2008 14:38

Yep, order has gone in for Fallout 3, well no stupid DRM, so it gets my money!! Farcry 2, and Bioshock do not.... I will be "borrowing" my mates copies when I upgrade.

Any words on performance on Fallout 3?? At moment I am running a 7800GS 512mb, 2.4 Dual core and 2Gb ram. Just wondering if I'll be neediing that upgrade now!!
EggChen

Postby Balious on 31 Oct 2008 14:40

Well apperantly even my computer can run it according to the system requirements lab site place. May encourage me to go get it and try it out on this computer but i doubt i get it before my upgrades.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 31 Oct 2008 14:47

EggChen wrote:Yep, order has gone in for Fallout 3, well no stupid DRM, so it gets my money!! Farcry 2, and Bioshock do not.... I will be "borrowing" my mates copies when I upgrade.

Any words on performance on Fallout 3?? At moment I am running a 7800GS 512mb, 2.4 Dual core and 2Gb ram. Just wondering if I'll be neediing that upgrade now!!

same strategy here (though I haven't ordered Fallout 3, butwill do soon hopefully) :)

I think your PC should be alright, maybe not the top ends, still you may get half max-half mid settings. 2.4 is good so is 2Gb RAM. I've seen som every detailed graphics on some pre-release video, that's why I can't be sure actually.
Try and tell us and we'll know it for sure :D
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby audioave10 on 31 Oct 2008 16:41

Bethesda themselves are saying to install the game by exploring the disc
and using the Fallout3.exe if you have any problems. Even though they only have a disc-check they used Securom for it. I guess a Sony sales-
man bullied them. There is a massive debate on their website about this.
I give them credit for one thing...they actually talk to their fans! I will still
buy this as there are already 5 small mods at this site:
Fallout 3 Nexus.com
Remember to ignore installer and use Fallout3.exe to both install and
launch the game. This may bypass Securom entirely...not sure as the
debate continues as i type this.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 31 Oct 2008 16:47

Ooo, SecureROM, I will have a read up on the debate, may just cancel my order if it cannot be completely bypassed... :scratch:

When will they ever learn?
EggChen

Postby Nightwatch on 31 Oct 2008 18:22

Good tips audioave10 :thumbright:

(Your avatar really shines a lot on this Halloween template. :) )
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby audioave10 on 01 Nov 2008 06:08

Thanks to YOU...Nightwatch. Here is a link to the mod site for Fallout 3 ...
these guys are the best modders for Oblivion and their going to work on
Fallout 3.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 01 Nov 2008 16:15

audioave10 wrote:Thanks to YOU...Nightwatch. Here is a link to the mod site for Fallout 3 ...
these guys are the best modders for Oblivion and their going to work on
Fallout 3.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/

Yup, thanks, I haven't yet got the game, but put the mod site on my favorites already. :)
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby jamie1992 on 01 Nov 2008 23:12

I completed the game this morning, theres no freeplay after you finish because....well i cant say as it would ruin story.

So after i completed i started a new game, mainly so i can look in every nook an cranny from fresh.

So yes awesome game, im in love with it atm. :)
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 01 Nov 2008 23:16

Shit Jamie, you must have blitzed through it!!

I had read in a review that the game ends when you complete the storyline, they suggested you really take your time exploring to make the most of it.

Any symptoms of the dreaded consolitis??
EggChen

Postby clavell101 on 02 Nov 2008 00:00

jamie1992 wrote:I completed the game this morning, theres no freeplay after you finish because....well i cant say as it would ruin story.

So after i completed i started a new game, mainly so i can look in every nook an cranny from fresh.

So yes awesome game, im in love with it atm. :)

Wow!! when did you buy it and already finished it!! :confused2:
don't you feel the game comes too expensive when you finish it in a day? :)
clavell101

Postby jamie1992 on 02 Nov 2008 03:06

I got it friday at about 9am, started playing it at about 11am.

Played for about 10 hours friday, and maybe 3 this morning, completed it at about 1pm today, i did loads of the sidequests and everything, just the games to easy, so im really hoping for a difficulty mod to make it harder.

Nope no console virus i could tell, feels smooth and everything, im in love with the game, so much so that i started a new game, i havent done any main storyline, just been messing about.

i finish all games in about half a day, maybe more.

like fallout 13 hours, just over half a day, FC2 5 hoursish and about 20-30% but got bored as hell and uninstalled it. :P

Bring on the mods is all i can say. :)

2:09am wow been playing my new character i made after completing game this (well yesterday) morning, since about 2pm i been playing my new character, i aint doing storyline though this time. :P
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 02 Nov 2008 03:42

HA! Jamie can play faster than I can think. Went to Fayetteville today to
check gaming stores and found Fallout 3 for 39.99 at Target. Bought it.
This is where FatRap lives and we MUST do lunch sometime (when he feels up to it). Will probably start playing Sunday evening after all of my
racing on TV is over.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Matt_B on 02 Nov 2008 12:25

Really enjoying F3. First time playing a proper RPG so I'm trying out the roleplay aspect & playing as a black lesbian called Pam who makes regular use of Megaton's resident whore. I've heard you can get 40+ hours out of the game, so Jamie is one quick mofo (I'm still in Megaton after 5 hours).

You can read any review out there to hear all the good stuff, but there's a few things I think reviewers haven't been crtitical enough of:

- writing & dialogue choices seem odd, like you'll get one obviously 'good' response for playing as an empathic, decent character, but also a few variations of indifferent or negative replies that just seem superfluous. There's also lots of dialogue choices that are there just to bulk out the menu & give the illusion of freedom, not useful things you want to ask.

-lots of poor voice acting & awful character animation (based on a procedural system), they should've saved Liam Neeson's fee & hired a few more decent actors. A text interface like Stalker's would probably better maintain immersion, & besides you're always just reading the subtitles & skipping the audio.

-appallingly bad 3rd person camera & animation (apart from VATS), which is only useful for checking out your latest outfit.

-I love VATS, really is a groundbreaking mechanic that brings turn-based combat into next-gen games, but the combo of VATS with the clunky 1st person combat just feels awkward.

-the pip-boy interface seems a bit slow. Maybe I'm missing some keyboard shortcuts, but I seem to be clicking on buttons more often that I would in Stalker's PDA/items menu.

Don't let this put you off though, it's an incredible game.
Matt_B

Postby busetibi on 02 Nov 2008 13:28

lmao, so you're playing as a black lesbian???

fk, I've got to get this game just for this fact alone
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 02 Nov 2008 15:05

Man, only just got up, wtf?

Anyway, i find the game to easy hence why i can get through it to easy, and how did the megaton whore be of any use? she didnt do anything for me.

Your on about the one in moriartys right? (Cant remember name)

Also is it me or are all the times a bit FUBAR on this site, either that or all the clocks in my house are like 3 hours fast. :S
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 02 Nov 2008 15:38

Matt_B wrote:... playing as a black lesbian called Pam who makes regular use of Megaton's resident whore...

SecureRom or not I'm getting this.... especially as I am a black lesbian in real life.... I'm going to play as a 33 year old straight white guy and live out my fantasy!!
EggChen

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout