My Story Ideas

Creative Narratives and Reflections, Discussions, Game Ideas & Scripts, and more

My Story Ideas

Postby jamie1992 on 18 Apr 2010 01:58

Hey all, seeing as Balious has a Thread for his, I thought I'd post a thread for any ideas I'm currently writing up. Its still early concept the main post I'll keep updated with new information and such as I got along.

Idea's designs and such are welcome.

Cheers.

------------------------------------------------------------

------ Concept ------

Humans built a Self Aware AI network, that spanned across the globe. Controlling Unmanned Automated War Machines. (Robots, Jets, Tanks, Trucks etc) all controlled by one central AI Node, of which also controlled other various War muntions like Nuclear Warheads and such. Various human made factorys built these machines (Robots or Mechs and the jets and such.) the building process of which was delegated to machines, also controlled by the central AI node. Machines building machines. Eventually the AI came to the conclusion that Humans would be a threat the AI when it became Obselete and so decided to use the factorys and machines to wage war against the Humans, its creators. ]

The story starts 3 years after the first Nuclear bombs that the Central AI node launched against the Humans, with the American World in ruins and cut off and secluded from the rest of the world. The fate of which is unknown.

----- Variant Ideas ------

This is where the Story can become itself.

Either we can have a story based in a different country where the news is sent over about the bombs, then flash forwards to a few years later when the rest of the world was being attacked and invaded, or similar. When the AI belived that the rest of the world should be put asunder to.

Or we Can have it in the main country itself.

So many games and films will be mixed into this.

---- Inspiration ----

Metro (Underground refugge or similar, and variant types of currency.)

Stalker (Certain groups or Factions so to speak, with those of different belifes about certain aspects.)

Terminator (Where the main story is built from, for example how the AI is built and fights back etc etc)

Gears Of War (Was thinking of adding the ways that theres MANY variants of the Enemy or Opposistion of the Humans, for example, hundrends of types of Mechs and such.)

War Of the Worlds (Not sure yet.)

Metal Gear Solid (Nanomachines which increase and multiply in the body, acting like Steroids or Stimulants for the Troops when In combat.)

Fallout (Drugs, also Stimulants and shit. Hard to find and well revered but very dangerous etc.)

Mechwarrior (Mech Designs and ideas)

----- Variants of Mechs etc ----

---- (Infantry stuff) ----

Foot Mech (Just the basic Mech carrying a basic Assault Weapon or similar with the occasional one who has a large weapon, Chaingun etc)

Scout/Runner Mech (As the name suggests, a Stealth or assassin esque Mech, either Close Quarters or Long Range, Snipers etc.)

Juggernaut (Very heavy armoured Mech, resiliant to bullets and such, basically a On foot version of a tank.)

Terrorfeind (Three times the size of a Juggernaut, built to plunge countrys and citys into pure terror.)

Harvester (A Massive almost tower like mech, built for nothing else but the harvesting of raw materials and general salvage, usually passive but will report posistions of anyone it finds and will attempt to subdue or erase those it comes across.)

---- (Vehicle) ----

Scout (A Speedbike kinda mech, able to transform between a Superbike form and a general recon mech usually VERY lightly armed)

APC (Comes in many forms, either as a truck, pickup, or a full fledged APC. either Armed or Unarmed APC, its used to drop off mechs, of various types into battle or just general Transportation)

Tank (As the name suggests, a Mech version of a modern day tank, not widely used or built by the machines, a rare sight, but packs a hard punch.)

---- (Air) ----

Drone (Scout drone, very fast and agile, packed with Camera's transmitting images live to the AI node, used to notify other units of posistions and other info to help push the mech frontline forward)

Suppresor (A VTOL Craft, packed with HUGE calibar Minguns and cameras able to see signitures of warm blooded humans through medium density materials. Built to supress groups of humans or similar with its huge high RPM miniguns its devastating if not taken down fast enough)

Bomber (A bomber mech, very fast, very quiet and drops a large payload.)

Scramjet (A Jet able to reach incomprehensable speeds, built for incredible strafing runs, Packed with various rockets and bombs and 4 High Explosive high Caliber Chainguns it truly is a force to be reckoned with. Easy to hear from a long distance so you atleast have time to get into cover.)

SR-MK1 (Dubbed as SR-MK1 by the human race, a old Human design improved tenfold on untold scales by the machines. Able to reach half the speed of the Scramjet, packing numerous times the punch and possibly four times the size, and able to Auto Hover like a VTOL, and when landed, is then able to transform into a towering Dreadnought. Info on this Jet other than the Orig Human designs is rare and hard to come by, due to lack of survivors from any encounters and the fact that the jet is flown with Supreme skill, no wreckages have ever been seen, and none have ever been taken down. A true weapon on destruction.)

Tridant (Dubbed as the Tridant from the Orignal Human design, it was built with the purpose of transporting the unmanned automated machines into the battle field along with supplies for the Human fighters, variants of this were made, one containing a large closed pod on the side, the reason unknown as full documentation for that variant was never found or recovered. Able to carry anything from 50-100 Foot Mechs, can reinforce a battlefield with huge impact.)

Many sections still missing as of Now, will update now and then.

Let me know what ya think.

Cheers.
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Re: My Story Ideas

Postby Balious on 18 Apr 2010 11:10

I see you added more to it after I went off.

The ideas are too excellent for me to describe :D

Perhaps its given me a few ideas of my own how to fully layout the concept to make it easier to understand for people.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby lawrencez on 22 Apr 2010 12:15

jamie1992 wrote:

Foot Mech (Just the basic Mech carrying a basic Assault Weapon or similar with the occasional one who has a large weapon, Chaingun etc)

What is the biggest weapon to carry? Just curious and wanna know about weapons.
lawrencez

Postby rockingmtranch on 22 Apr 2010 15:03

Rocket launcher :thumbright: And welcome to the site Lawrencez B-)
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby lawrencez on 22 Apr 2010 15:09

Thank you for a warm welcome.
lawrencez

Postby jamie1992 on 23 Apr 2010 11:00

lawrencez wrote:
jamie1992 wrote:

Foot Mech (Just the basic Mech carrying a basic Assault Weapon or similar with the occasional one who has a large weapon, Chain-gun etc)

What is the biggest weapon to carry? Just curious and wanna know about weapons.

Welcome to the Forums bro.

Most of the Weapons the Machines or similar have will be a Robotic Built Equivalent of a Human one, so for example. Any Mini-gun or Chain-gun would be the same as a Human M136 or a Vulcan, Snipers would range from Copies of Anything small like a M21 all the way to say Anti Material like a KSVK. There are no Definite weapons, but just a Variant of a Human one so to speak if that makes sense?

Hope this helped. :D

Update 23.4.10 - 11am

---- Stimulants, Drugs & Implants ----

As is the way with humans, drugs and stimulants were made both for illegal, but also some Government drugs and stimulants, the main of which was the Nanomachines. Billions of Organisms that were injected into the body to help regulate and enhance battle ready troops for war. Aside from the Nanomachines, there was other various drugs used to enhance yourself in many ways, there was also implants.

---- (Nanomachines) ----

Recreational (Drugs used to "Relax" or similar. Meth and Weed are the 2 main Rec drugs around to this day, as to who creates or supplies people god knows but where there's a will there's a way.)

Stimulant (Long tubes full of Muscle Stimulants, used to induce incredible changes to the body, Extreme Strength, faster reactions, faster process's for various things, just a all round body enhancer, almost like a modern day Steroids.)

Nanomachines (Nanomachines is the brainchild of a Scientist that was stationed in a Military base in the US, he was originally based to help heal and find new drugs, he came across the Nanomachines, first used in things like Mechs for general repairs or similar, he found a way to make them work with Organics and to be of freewill but still controllable by the human itself. The concept of Nano enhanced Soldiers was born, field tests were made and the results were conclusive that it would be extremely productive to make it Mandatory for all Military Personnel to be Injected with Nano's.)

Implants (A Doctor combined the Idea of Robotic Limbs and Organics to create implants, they range from simple things like finger replacements, or even Arm and leg replacements, proving useful if a Soldier lost a leg from anything but wanted to still contribute to any war, once fitted with a Implant or a replacement Robotic limb, he was able to head straight back to the front line within at least a month at the most.)

Augmentation (After awhile Augmentation was born, this was allowing troops the Ability to replace things such as their eyes, this gave people who were for example Snipers to replace their eyes with Augmented ones, improving things such as the Distance they could see, or even being able to see in the night a lot better. At the top of the list was rebuilding the Atom Structure of the Human skin with that of Metal and other various Materials, this gave skinner almost metal properties, not being able to be cut as easy, or similar. Only those with the money could afford this. And even then it was Extremely Rare.)

---- Human Groups ----

Many of the Human groups split off for various reasons. Some were extreme religious sects, which at this time are pretty far and few between. Some Groups are formed and run by Ex Military or Police members or anyone of similar standing, others are criminals, others are just ordinary people dragged into this and are left with no other choice.

---- (Group List) ----

Defiance (Dubbed as Defiance, merely just the basic grouping of those who are fighting against the machines for nothing but pure and utter survival.)

Criminal (As the named suggests, just the scum that survived, full of Murderers, rapists, and just general degenerates of society.)

Government (Government remnants, AKA a Grouping ran by Ex Governmental members - Army, Police force etc)

Augmented Ones (As the years went on, so did technology, many people took part in a Nanomachine program, the body was injected with Nanomachines, which regulate various abilities and bodily functions to enhance people. Nearly all Ex Military will have Nanomachines, however there was those who took it further, and Implanted and Augmented themselves with Various things. For example, it was possible to replace parts of your limbs with Robotic replacements, Combining the strenghts of a Human being with the strengths of Metal robotics and pressure Hydrolics. The Augmentation variants were very wide but very expensive, mostly only the rich people in society before the launch were able to afford this kind of thing. Although it was possible to get "Backstreet" Augmentation it was very risky and usually came with various hiccups.)

---- Story Layouts for each Character ----

Set up the description before the story starts.

Name:
City:
Group Standing:
Current Occupation:
Background:
Implant/Augmentation History:
War Period:

Set a final layout, to be done at a later date.

---- Setting/Background for story ----

---- (Pre-war) ----

Most story's set in this period will truly be determined by the city and country of which its set in as well as the Environment. It will be based before the war or launch of the Warheads or invasion years later, or it could be before the verge of the launch and chaos is ensued through the story.

Mainly it will be set on key events leading to the Launch, such as a Story in the eyes of the Creator of the AI. Or in the eyes of a Scientist who research and invents technology.

---- (After-War) ----

Stories set in this Period will be mainly centered on Survival and action. In the eyes of Ex Military or even Scientists who helped Create the AI who were able to survive.

All stories will be set in separate city's or Countries or both, or even tie in with some of the other story's.

Excuse any horrible English, as y'all know my English isn't to great. :P
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 23 Apr 2010 11:51

jamie1992 wrote:Excuse any horrible English, as y'all know my English isn't to great. :P

Says the person who said their English was perfect not long ago :D
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 23 Apr 2010 15:27

I like the concept of the Nanomachines :thumbright:
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 23 Apr 2010 19:42

Yup, there's strong scenario here, a promising one. :thumbright:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby 3040Krag on 24 Apr 2010 00:25

rockingmtranch wrote:I like the concept of the Nanomachines :thumbright:

Nanomachines are also interesting to me. In the emerging field of Nuclear Medicine, Molecular Imaging/Therapy, researchers are beginning to experimentally use proteins, viruses and even DNA to target specific areas of cells. Even smaller than nanomachines, these medical vectors can allow imaging and therapy at levels even smaller and more basic than nanomachines are capable of reaching.

That might be another thought on using the namomachine concept in a story.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 24 Apr 2010 21:42

Glad you like it so far, and thanks for the info Krag I'm gonna try and spin off some things into the story from your Post. Cheers man. :thumbright:
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 25 Apr 2010 04:36

Cool! A cell is a wonderfully intricate factory - it receives, processes and distributes energy, builds complex structures needed by the cell, is able to duplicate itself, is designed to self-destruct when it's time has come, recycles material, and removes waste.

The scientists and physicians target one of the functional structures created by the cell, and subtly alter it without changing its function. For molecular imaging, one or more atoms is replaced with a radioactive atom, so that the functioning of that structure can be captured via a camera. Kind of like a microscopic x-ray picture of a cell.

Like nano-machines, a futuristic use would be to augment the normal human to interact with the environment in ways we currently cannot. Like, say, being able to see radiation the way we now see light, or to hear ultrasound.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Return to Writers' Room