Annoying problem with games

Re: Annoying problem with games

Postby Balious on 24 Oct 2009 14:18

The freezing problem yet again has returned for STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl. It freezes it within ten or so minutes of play.

On the Sonic issue. I don't know about that yet as I given up hope and left it on the shelf. I see if it works again when I get the chance.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 29 Oct 2009 14:01

Sorry for the double post.

Does anyone know what launcherd.exe is? I tried looking it up but can't find anything. It comes up onto my processes at startup. I believe it could be a virus so I end the process. But I can't find it anywhere on google.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 03 Nov 2009 19:16

Triple post... Won't happen again :D

I have a big major problem now. Its the freezing one but its back stronger then ever and its affecting all the games I have tried so far. Which are:
Left 4 Dead
Borderlands
Battlefield 2
Battlefield 2142

Why is it doing this?
I also have 3gb memory now but it says 2.7gb as the other part is used to run XP and whatever. I thought this problem was some kind of memory issue but with this amount of memory free it surely can't be? I put all the settings on low for the games too and it made no difference.

Edit:
I may of found the fix! It could most likely be the processors.
Was looking around for my problem when I encountered this thread:
http://www.computerforum.com/153221-gts ... ng-up.html
The fix is on the bottom of page 1. Tried it and it worked. No freezing. Checking the other games for options like that.

Edit again:
Found more fixes but none work. Didn't find an option for BF2142 and it still does it. Havent tested Left 4 Dead fully to see if that has been fixed yet or not.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 09 Nov 2009 08:30

My (hopefully) very last post in this thread. Its not another still got the problem post.

I have fixed it!
I posted in the Tech Support forums to see if anyone there may have a fix and to my surprise there was.
The cause was because I had two different types of Memory in. So I removed the one the computer came with and kept the 2GB in. Lost a bit of speed but for no more freezing I think its worth it. I find it that it freeze crashes if my computer gets very hot but I can avoid that problem.

Maybe this could fix DooMike's problem and anyone else that may encounter this.

I had another problem with playing online but also fixed. A chkdsk /f in cmd fixed it.

Anyway thought I let you lot know that it is fixed :D
I can now play games without worrying. Unless it gets hot :-ss
Maybe now is a good time to reinstall STALKER.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 04 Feb 2010 14:51

Theres a alternative to removing your memory. Download a program called memset and look at the memory timings for both modules. Adjust the timings so they match and apply the settings. Try playing Stalker then. Mismatching modules are always a bad idea but if you adjust timings so they match most of the time the problems can be resolved. If matching the timings up works download a program called spdedit and change the timings on one of the modules permanently :) I done this process on the memory modules in my laptop as they used different timings and now my bandwidth is actually higher. Naturally I grumbled that the manufacturer used mismatching modules in my laptop, but at least they were the same IC.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Previous

Return to Problems & Solutions