Favourite weapon in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SOC

General Topics -all inclusive- on Shadow of Chernobyl

Favourite weapon in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SOC

Postby kingjbc on 16 Sep 2010 03:41

What is your favourite primary weapon(including SMGs) and handgun in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SOC (including OL)?

Mine is the FN F2000 and the HK USP Compact.
PSN - kingjbc
Steam - kingjbc
MSN - jbc9@windowslive.com
kingjbc

Re: Favourite weapon in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SOC

Postby Hangman on 16 Sep 2010 22:45

My loadouts can be found at http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/User:AstralShapeShifter
But mainly, I use my modified SVD. and a Berretta.
Glory to the holy Monolith, we shall abide in it's radiance forever.
The gloried crystal, through the arms of believers, Shall cleanse all those without true faith from the zone.
It is the greatest honour to be allowed in it's presence, let alone within it's very Home.
Pay homage to your benefactors.
Hangman

Postby kingjbc on 17 Sep 2010 05:13

Great choice man, that SVD sounds amazing! :-bd
PSN - kingjbc
Steam - kingjbc
kingjbc

Postby Hangman on 19 Sep 2010 22:29

It does the job, but it's single-stacked and buffered mag(not clip) to prevent detonating ammunition only allows me four rounds before reload, to balance it out. What I'm looking to do next is apply the vortex effect to things it kills, for exploding-corpse goodness.
The gloried crystal, through the arms of believers, Shall cleanse all those without true faith from the zone.
It is the greatest honour to be allowed in it's presence, let alone within it's very Home.
Hangman

Postby kingjbc on 22 Sep 2010 07:50

Even better! Got to love those exploding corpses. =))
PSN - kingjbc
Steam - kingjbc
kingjbc

Postby strelokG on 22 Sep 2010 15:32

uhm.. the best gus i like ,forgot thier names but its the mega machine gun and the mini black oops gun, shot guns kinda suck
strelokG

Postby strelokG on 22 Sep 2010 15:36

well my favorite guns are the large machine gun ,and the black oops std scope machine gun :-bd
strelokG

Postby MeanderingBeing on 24 Sep 2010 10:14

Personally, I'm a fan of the german made G36. Extremely lightwieght, extremely reliable, and a round with relatively good penetration. Ammunition is lightweight as well, making it easier to carry a couple hundred extra rounds.

The other primary I like to carry is the abakan with a scope on it, though I usually reserve that for dispatching monolith in Red Forest and Pripyat. In burst, its easy to maintain accurate bursts out to about 300 meters, and anything beyond that the semi auto handles perfectly fine.

I am very picky about my secondary. While a G36 or AN94 work wonders in cqc, I need that extra dropping power. A Desert Eagle properly modified to behave like a real proper deagle works wonders. I also like the Benelli M3 shorty. But one thing that bugs me about the benelli is that most modders ''balance'' it to fire less bucks and reduce its damage values, when in reality, the M3 would be DEVASTING at the range I use it at. The damage these two weapons are capable of dealing makes carrying more than two full clips almost unnecessary.

usually, I like to carry a tertiary weapon, for the inevitable occurance where I run out of ammunition. Me being me, I have a lead trigger finger, so even carrying a G36 with 690 rounds runs dry preeeeetty fast. That being said, I like my tertiary weapon to have as much stopping power for the weight. Usually, the FN P90 or Kriss Super V fall into this category. But on the sane token, I enjoy using the Kriss so much that it often becomes my primary out of sheer joy. It is this very reason that I wish a modder would make detachable red dot and holo sights for... Well... Everything. A Kriss with a holo sight (by the way, I was at a gunshop in PA a couple years back and the owner showed me the holo sight he bought... Fucking beautiful. Unlimited eye relief means you can shoot from any position needed...) would bring a whole mew level of power to the stalker world...

granted, this all based on my realistic firearms mods I have added onto OL and AMK NS. Speaking of which, you know how I balanced the substantial increase in firearms' power? Simple: I increased the damage of mutants, and the accuracy of AIs... No longer does a burst of fire from a military stalker trace a circle around yer head... Chances are, if you are in their sights, you're catching a full center mass burst and dying. In my opinion, this encourages players to be smart and tactical with their playing. In my weapon mods, every weapon is a force to be reckoned with. Their is no true 'superior' weapon for the most part.

anyways, I've rambled enough...
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 27 Oct 2010 17:46

I have lots of favored weapons, but for me I like;

Colt1911
AKS74 w\ scope, silencer, GL or H&K G36 w\ silencer, GL
Mosin Nagant or SVU
F1 grenades
SPAS12

I would say I like the FN F2000, but I don't. Its skin is crap and its so stereotypical to like the best AR in the game.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby Hangman on 11 Nov 2010 22:15

My preference for handguns has drifted to the P220.
http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/SIP-t_M200
The night sights are just downright handy.
Hangman

Postby ket on 17 Nov 2010 18:43

Night sights? You using some kind of Sig mod? Vanilla sig doesn't have any attachments available for it.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby priboi on 14 Apr 2011 06:17

I have to say you cant beat the good old FNF2000 with the silencer :thumbright: And the Sig P220 is good.
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5400
CPU: Intel Pentium 2.20Ghz dualcore
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-G31m-S2L
SPEAKERS: Logitech Z4
DISPLAY: ViewSonic VA1903wmb
SOUND CARD: Realtek HD Audio output
RAM: Transcend 2Gb
priboi

Postby priboi on 21 Apr 2011 06:37

Also what Hangman means by "night sights", is the neon/florecent painted dots on the back of the iron sights. They were in the original game I think :-bd
priboi

Postby Hangman on 22 Apr 2011 18:23

I now have an Airsoft LR300 (TRS-301), So I'm playing around with it in stalker too. I'm likely to re-skin it to black, just to match my AEG.
Hangman

Postby priboi on 24 Apr 2011 03:45

Nice Hangman, i havent got enough confidence to really start modding the texture files for the weapons yet lol :mozilla_undecided: . Ive just been modding the menu and loading screens although I have modded the sig P220 a tiny bit and given it a type of cheap looking camo paint job :-bd.
priboi

Return to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl