language option?

General Topics -all inclusive- on Shadow of Chernobyl

language option?

Postby scaredcat on 22 Sep 2010 17:18

hello, I am new here and new to the game. I wondered if there is an option [or mod!] to change the language? The bandits are a chatty lot and I would like to know what they are saying, and if it is about me they are talking when I am sneaking up on them - get some clues like :)
I have the 2009 complete mod on, which is fine, but wondered if there are any other mods compatible with it that I could browse on here.

scaredcat

Re: language option?

Postby Hangman on 22 Sep 2010 23:23

Welcome stalker, and enjoy your stay.
I'm thinking you mean the talking heard when stalkers are around the campfire, drinking, joking, ect. as far as I know, those lines were only recorded in russian, so learning russian or bugging one of the communities russian-speakers will be the key there.
The zone survivial guide used to have translations up, but that kinda died a long while ago. I don't speak enough to know what they're saying all the time, just enough to know what zombies want ("Kill... soldier") and the odd moment of clarity when I realise a stalker's telling a joke about a murdering stalker asking for water, a controller eating a doctor, or duty's anomaly testing techniques.
Glory to the holy Monolith, we shall abide in it's radiance forever.
The gloried crystal, through the arms of believers, Shall cleanse all those without true faith from the zone.
It is the greatest honour to be allowed in it's presence, let alone within it's very Home.
Pay homage to your benefactors.
Hangman

Re: language option?

Postby scaredcat on 23 Sep 2010 10:13

ah, thank you Hangman - well, that is some of my curiosity assuaged. :mozilla_smile:

I was mainly thinking of the time when I am in the bandits camp, trying to rescue the Duty brother, and I can hear them ( the bandits) calling out, and I don't know if they are calling to each other,sharing information on my whereabouts, or maybe trying to draw me out with taunts or are simply chatting. However, it don't matter none, and I appreciate your coming back. I have picked up the occasional reference to 'stalker' and 'criminal'. I shall just have to attune my ear to see what else I can pick up :)
scaredcat

Return to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl