Stalker + mods + no-cd not working

General Topics -all inclusive- on Shadow of Chernobyl

Stalker + mods + no-cd not working

Postby mimic on 23 Dec 2010 01:11

hi all, i am playing the game with no-cd since i am on laptop and my drive is dead, so i use no-cd.

my problem now is i tried to play it with stalker complete, OL and L.U.R.K. on version 1.0005.
stalker complete works fine, but whenever i try to install any of the others, the game CTDs either at startup or whezn loading the level, be it on new game or existing save.

Can anyone help me out, i really would want to be able to play the OL and LURK mods for the new weapons they bring into the game (i can see myself running around in the zone with a saiga 12, or with the p90, but i can't ... :mozilla_frown: ](*,) )

Tnx
mimic

Re: Stalker + mods + no-cd not working

Postby Nightwatch on 24 Dec 2010 20:03

Are you sure that those mods are 1.0005 compatible, and that compatible not only with 1.0004 patch? If so, then try uninstalling and then re-installing STALKER. I don't know about Stalker Complete, but some mods (rarely) known to alter some other aspects of the game directory and (if) in such cases, the next mod may not run properly. A clean install then should cure the problem. From the limited background information provided about the matter, these are the only things that come to my mind at the moment. If still no improvement seen, then update the situation again. We'll try to dig on it more.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby mimic on 28 Dec 2010 19:39

After another try, I might have understood wrongly and tried to have them installed all at once. when i try one at a time, complete and ol 2.2 work fine, but lurk still crashes when starting a new game. i have checked and i am using the right mods (i.e. for the 1.0005 update)
mimic

Postby Nightwatch on 29 Dec 2010 19:08

Yup, mods need to be installed one at a time. I know some games allow multiple mod installations, but, I'm afraid STALKER does not like that. :mozilla_smile:
I can't say why Lurk still crashes, could it be a corrupt download, maybe? Or, an effect of No-Cd?
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby mimic on 29 Dec 2010 21:48

nevermind then, i'll just stick to ol, might try it with the amk arsenal mod, i found on filefront how to merge the 2. but i have one question about something else, how can i increase the spawn rate and number of zombies in every zone. since i finished the game, i run around looking for zombies to kill. i'd like the game to look kind of like the desert scene in RE3 (the movie) but i always just find 2-3 zombies. i would like there to be 30+ running around freely in eveery zone (cordon, garbage...) and have them get into places where other NPCs have to fight them.

Edit: If I change dificulty level, do i get more or tougher enemies?
mimic

Postby 3040Krag on 30 Dec 2010 13:29

The best way to get more zombies than you can ever count is to install NEWSA.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Return to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl