Clear Sky - Patch 1.5.05

General Topics -all inclusive- on Clear Sky

Clear Sky - Patch 1.5.05

Postby EggChen on 30 Sep 2008 20:42

Guys, new patch released... changelog shown below, I have marked my favourite crash in bold, by pure chance its the first one listed :salute:

Seriously its true, if your going to have a bug, make it a game ruining one that will ensure nonody buys one of your games ever again.

Maybe patch 1.5.99 will have the game stable enough for me to consider buying it.

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Clear_Sky_Patch;94456

Change Log for 1.5.05
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saved games:
1.5.04 saved games will be compatible with patch 1.5.05.

Game changes:
- Fixed an error which prevented the guide from leading the player to the Cordon. This was caused by the fact that the autosave function failed to save all data, and once such a saved game was loaded, the game became impossible to complete. If this error occurred, it was necessary to restart the game from the beginning.
- Fixed a bug with secondary objectives (Deliver item), which caused the arrow to point to the wrong NPC after a save/load.
- Changed the reward for lowering the bridge in the Red Forest.
- Changed the reward for killing bandits at the Freedom base filling station.
- Fixed the Freedom technician’s dialogue. After accepting a secondary objective, it became impossible to undertake/complete objectives to find flash drives.
- Fixed an error, which caused the situation to be displayed incorrectly in the PDA Faction War section.
- Fixed an error, which caused the number of grenades for the grenade launcher attachment to be saved incorrectly following modifications.
- Fixed an error, which caused FPS to fall when the cursor was moved over headings on the PDA map.
- Fixed an error, which sometimes caused the game to crash to desktop when the game was saved during an NPC death animation sequence.
- Fixed an error, which caused carried weight to be calculated incorrectly when a suit was upgraded or artifacts attached.
- Fixed an error, which sometimes caused faction strength to be displayed incorrectly in the PDA statistics.
- Fixed an error, which caused the game to crash following the loading of a saved game due to incorrect saving of monster animations and armed NPC grenades.
- Fixed an error, which sometimes caused ammo to be displayed incorrectly after searching bodies.
- Fixed an error, which sometimes caused individual NPCs to be enemies, while the rest of their faction was neutral or friendly.
- Fixed several minor HUD, inventory, PDA and main menu errors.
- Minor rebalancing of trade and items that pop out of dead bodies.
- Fixed a problem, which allowed the player to leave the Zone in the water part of the game (first visit to the Swamps).
- Changed the process for rewards given for joining factions.
- Changed rewards for destroying faction bases.
- Fixed game crashes during conversations with enemy technicians.
- Added ability to upgrade GP 37 with the help of Freedom and Bandit technicians.

Multiplayer:
- Added ability to ban and kick players from the game using their GUID (serial number), in addition to name and IP.
- Fixed several errors in multiplayer chat, including the fact that the following letters could not be entered in some circumstances: A, Z, X, C, V.
- Fixed a large number of various errors which caused client and server crashes in the multiplayer.
- Added IP filter (for games in certain subnets).

Fixed the following script crashes:
- smart_terrain.script:227: attempt to index local 'obj' (a nil value)
- smart_terrain.script:1003: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
- sim_combat.script:950: attempt to index a nil value
- sim_board.script:688: attempt to index local 'obj' (a nil value)
- smart_terrain.script:288: attempt to call method 'clear_smart_terrain' (a nil value)
- bind_monster.script:72: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
- xr_effects.script:1607: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
- ! [LUA][ERROR] ERROR: There is no task with entity_id(_g.script:973: bad argument 2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil))
- ! [LUA][ERROR] ERROR: error. val_smart_terrain_5_0_freedom_antenna(_g.script:97 3: bad argument 2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil))
- fixed crash (task_objects.script:2231: attempt to call global 'blowout_hit_with_pp_and_cam_effectors' (a nil value))
- fixed crash (ERROR: Invalid AI map at kamp point [mar_smart_terrain_6_8_kamp_1](_g.script:973: bad argument 2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)))
- fixed crash (sim_combat.script:429: attempt to index local 'comander' (a nil value))
- fixed crash (task_objects.script:580: attempt to concatenate field 'id' (a nil value))
EggChen

Postby cobra428 on 30 Sep 2008 22:10

I,ve been playing it for a couple of weeks EggChen and it seems pretty stable to me. The game itself needs a lot of tweaking and modding but as for being stable, not really an issue.
cobra428
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 30 Sep 2008 22:25

Thanks buddy, I perhaps just have a downer on the game in general because of many factors that make it so unfriendly to mods. I have read quite a few things that seem to have increased the barriers to modding CS, not made it better.

Are you enjoying the game?
EggChen

Postby cobra428 on 01 Oct 2008 21:37

Senior resident wow I,m honored. i guess that means i better start modding :salute: Now about Clear Sky, without going into a long winded review I,ll rate it at 70% . It feels like a rush job and really needs a lot of tweaking and fixing. I don't think GSC pays that much attention to the players and modders as far as feedback go's. But its better than nothing and with stalker 2 coming someday there is some hope i guess. Excellent job to Nightwatch and everybody on the expansion and updates to the web site :cheers:
cobra428
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 01 Oct 2008 22:08

cobra428 wrote:Senior resident wow I,m honored.

Nightwatch decided to carry over people's status from GSC :salute:

It does indeed sound like a rush job, to be honest I have spent that much time tweaking SHOC into what I wanted, I don't think I will have the desire to do so again for CS.

Looking forward to some other great games on the way.
EggChen

Postby Kanyhalos on 01 Oct 2008 22:21

EggChen wrote:[ don't think I will have the desire to do so again for CS.

Neither then I. Anyway, I also wouldn't do the same with SoC either if I would have to restart everything from the beginning. Though it was a good period of my life.

EggChen wrote:Looking forward to some other great games on the way.

Me too.
DOWNLOAD Oblivion Lost 2.2 for 1.0004
http://rapidshare.de/files/40226819/OL2 ... 04.7z.html

DOWNLOAD Oblivion Lost 2.2 for 1.0005
http://rapidshare.de/files/40226610/OL2 ... 05.7z.html
Kanyhalos
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 02 Oct 2008 14:00

With 1.5.05 I am about ready to "Buy & Try". I already have some mods
and instructions for tweaks downloaded. I want to fix:
Super-accurate grenade spamming
Weapon and ammo balance
Quest and level-change fixes
These are ready so I'm about to take this "Leap of Faith".
Wish me Luck!
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Redux

Postby cobra428 on 02 Oct 2008 22:48

Guys there is a new redux mod posted on file front at the stalker site. Am playing the mod right now. :cheers:
cobra428
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 03 Oct 2008 02:36

I work in a Wal-Mart warehouse so I'm a Stalker...I mean Stocker. Went
to a very close to me Store and bought Clear Sky (10% off). It's Oct. 2
and the turds are still selling the game without a CD key. I guess I don't
need it since I don't do multiplayer. Patched to 1.5.05 and used G-mod
to get started which does help. I wanted a noobish mod till I get used to it. I think I like the game, it runs decent at 1280x960widescreen. One
thing that isn't better is grass textures up close. Sun Rays are nice even
on minimum. Haven't gone too far yet. I'd rate a 75% so far.

Edit: thanks cobra428 for the heads-up on the Redux mod.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Basix mod

Postby cobra428 on 03 Oct 2008 22:01

natasha8384 has a new Basix mod for clear sky out, also at filefront. :thumbright:
cobra428
Senior Resident

Postby clavell101 on 29 Oct 2008 20:33

I got theClear Sky but not started yet. But on Internet I noticed they say patch 1.5.05 reduced the frame rate even more. Any words from experience from anyone? maybe I should not patch 1.5.05, go to an older patch?

ps: Why GSC giving so stupid numbers to their patches? It was asme with SOC. Far Cry 1.4 for example, so simple. Maybe they think givin a lot of numbers look cool or important? :D
clavell101

Re: Clear Sky - Patch 1.5.05

Postby Matt_B on 29 Oct 2008 21:08

EggChen wrote:Maybe patch 1.5.99 will have the game stable enough for me to consider buying it.

just got it off ebay for 6 quid, worth that much just to bugger about on the first levels at least & rip a few textures...
Matt_B

Postby EggChen on 29 Oct 2008 21:50

I hear you, paid just under a tenner for it myself, seems many people are offloading it pretty quickly!!

I ripped a couple of textures for use in SHOC, and tried the game briefly, I will probably give it another go when my system is up to running it on full. The improved graphics was one of the only good things going for it!!

Would much rather see the levels ripped out of it and added into SHOC though.
EggChen

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 29 Oct 2008 23:19

Those textures looked nice
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby clavell101 on 31 Oct 2008 16:50

Matt_B wrote:
EggChen wrote:Maybe patch 1.5.99 will have the game stable enough for me to consider buying it.

just got it off ebay for 6 quid, worth that much just to bugger about on the first levels at least & rip a few textures...

if it's got as low as £6 it's worth risking the money, I can resell it with the same amount. Btw, is there any "maximum installation" thingy on CS too, like Far Cry2? then it can be difficult if the first owner already installed a few times.
clavell101

Postby EggChen on 31 Oct 2008 16:58

Nope, no install limits.

The UK version uses Starforce, and I understand the US version has nothing, anyone confirm that??
EggChen

Postby audioave10 on 02 Nov 2008 17:18

US version here but I don't know what it has. Seems I have to run the disk to play the game.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 03 Nov 2008 03:22

EggChen wrote:Nope, no install limits.

The UK version uses Starforce, and I understand the US version has nothing, anyone confirm that??

You said Starforce? Are you sure? I thought it had SecuRom...
Starforce is an awful malice, created by dubious reasons. There are wide spread boycotts against it. I am adamant not to buy any software which uses Starforce and strongly advice anyone not to buy any game/software which employs Starforce. :cussing: :protest: :protest:
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby ket on 08 Dec 2008 02:05

I'm only going to get CS just to rip it apart and build upon my TK mod even more. Why have the inconvenience of two mods and two games when one mod can combine both? :D
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Next

Return to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky