Random rant and screens from DARK TEMPLAR

Your Reports from SoC and Clear Sky -Through Your Camera or Your Pen

Random rant and screens from DARK TEMPLAR

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 02 Oct 2008 13:37

Ok some screens, not the best ones but there hasn't been any moments worth noticing, so just some sky pics
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... zo&thumb=5
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... wn&thumb=5
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... zm&thumb=5
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... zw&thumb=5
http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... ay&thumb=5

----------------------------------
From Nightwatch: photos not on the server anymore, links are dead. Just letting you know :mozilla_smile:
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 02 Oct 2008 14:17

It would seem that the apc-s have somekind of a levitation device on them http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php? ... lz&thumb=5
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 02 Oct 2008 19:00

DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 08 Oct 2008 20:35

DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 08 Oct 2008 20:49

Yeah, I know where you've been, :D I've been there, too.
You've found the hole (so to speak) in the territory and went further ahead, diagonally, beyond the downed choper there.

Those unfinished areas in Yantar, developers left it like this and in order trying to stop people wandering into the area, they put immense amount of radiation, as it's seen on your screen. :) Good catch. :thumbright:
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby VINTAR on 09 Oct 2008 06:33

Cool pics. I`ve been to Red forrest twilight zone, I`ll post pics tomorrow.
Core2Quad Q8300 2.5 @ 3.6ghz
Cooler Master Hyper TX 2 CPU cooler
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
2 GIGS Transcend DDR2 800 pc6400 @ 960
Thermaltake Tough Power 650w PSU
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
-----------------------------------
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 12 Oct 2008 18:32

DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Re: Random rant and screens from DARK TEMPLAR

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 23 May 2009 18:52

What a lovely evening, sitting on top of the hill-range surraunding the valley, looking at the sunset on the other side, greyish-orange clouds majesticly moving across the sky, it is as if the sky was on fire. Too bad it will end with a bloodbath. As the twilight and fog set in the valley floor, the forrest below comes to life, I descend. I can hear a pack of dogs nearby. Dark shapes circling all around me, too large and fast to be either dwarfs or zombies, allthough the later would make sense since there are two controllers in the area, must be bloodsuckers. Theire retreating?, oh, thats why. Poltergeists are on the move and it would seem their in a bad mood. Better check on the old cemetary. Bloody hell, mercs have camped there, no respect for the dead these days. Lucky for them theire on hallowed ground, I can not do nothing to them there. But they will leave that place soon enough. I am amazed however as to how they found out about this place, furthermore made it here alive. No matter, none of them will leave this valley alive.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 28 Jan 2010 20:15

The ZONE is kinda like the sea, she gives and takes away. Life in here can be rather hard and grim at times, deception and death behind every corner, definetly not a place for the faint hearted. Despite all that there is some comfort in living here, knowing that theres no way the outside world can reach you, a place where you can just be. Tho the ZONE holds many deadly secrets, it also holds breathtaking beauty amidst all the madness. Rarely happens that one is taken in as their own and allthough it gives benefits beyond wildest dreams of the stalkers it also comes with a hefty price, once youre in you can never leave but honestly I prefer it that way, I can come and go as I please, my pathes passing through places no-one else could survive. The wildlife is actualy real nice, the dogs are very helpful at times and I quite enjoy the occasional conversations with controllers. There is beauty in this plce, tho not accessible by everybody and I'm actualy glad that their cut off by massive anomaly barriers for to let hordes of crazed stalker there would be like descrating hallowed ground, such tranquility needs to be preserved, if you truly deserve to get there then you will eventualy find a way but beware, make one wrong move and you'll end up like all the others, ''ashes to ashes, dust to dust, may the ZONE have mercy on your soul''
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 16 Apr 2011 01:35

Attempting to do some writing. A possible begining fallows

*sigh*Home, sweet home. Others think I'm crazy for coming back here time and time again, they don't understand. This is my home, for better or for worse. The place where I left my childhood and all they joys it once held in the days long past, all the memories, good and bad alike. Now the area is in ruins since nature took over.
Got to stop for the night, the weather here isn't very stable. One of these old gardening houses will do. It ain't much but at least it's still mostly intact. Not much else to do right now then to enjoy the sunset as long as it lasts. Odd really, you'd think that the fringes would be more hospidable. Oh well thats the ZONE for ya, at least the wildlife is more or less normal round these parts. 11:45 , time to kill the light and get up to the attic. Argh fuck, damn spiders and their webs.
6a.m Looks like the night passed without big storm, a few bent trees and broken branches but otherwise quite fine. Have to check if the apples are still edable here. What the bloody hell, why is the chimney on the former chem-plant in the old town smoking. This can't be good. Have to check it out.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 17 Apr 2011 15:56

Very nice read, feels from the heart. :-bd We are lucky that we have quite good writers in this forum.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 18 Apr 2011 14:09

Slightly altered the beginning and added a new part. Feel free to point out things that seem off, logic errors,wording, etc , will try to correct them.

*sigh*Home, sweet home. Others think I'm crazy for coming back here time and time again, they don't understand. This is my home, for better or for worse. The place where I left my childhood and all they joys it once held in the days long past, all the memories, good and bad alike. There is nothing for me back there…in civilization, this here is all I have left. Now the area is in ruins since nature took over.
Got to stop for the night, the weather here isn't very stable. One of these old gardening houses will do. It ain't much but at least it's still mostly intact. Not much else to do right now then to enjoy the sunset as long as it lasts. Odd really, you'd think that the fringes would be more hospitable. Oh well that’s the ZONE for ya, at least the wildlife is more or less normal round these parts. 11:45 , time to kill the light and get up to the attic. Argh fuck, damn spiders and their webs.
6a.m Looks like the night passed without big storm, a few bent trees and broken branches but otherwise quite fine. Have to check if the apples are still edible here. Mh, that’s odd, the chimney of the former chem-plant is smoking. This can't be good. Have to check it out.

It’s quite surreal walking on these streets, long abandoned half-broken panel houses on both sides, vegetation everywhere. A real ghost town. It wasn’t very lively back in the old days but now more then ever the pressing feeling of loneliness lurks the alleys. Nevertheless it still feel homier then what I left behind outside. I can’t however shake the feeling that something isn’t right here. The closer I get to the plant, the more unnerving it gets. The building headache doesn’t help either, damn I wish II had brought some painkillers.
Ah crap, dead people. Not longer then a day or two. Something is definitely wrong here. Probably should’ve brought a weapon with me. Right then, lets see if there’s something I can use, preferably lethal. These men seem to have been military or something of the sort, whoever killed them might still be near. What is this god-awful stench, like something is rotting. This is fubar, no man could do this to a body, looks like they’ve been mauled by some beast.
“Leave this place human if you value your life” Argh my head, what the hell was that. “Remove your presence human” WHATS HAPPENING!? WHO IS TALKING TO ME!? Got to get out of here. SHIT, where’s the exit. “We warned you human, now you must die” My head!…*thump*.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 19 Apr 2011 21:15

That's nice :-bd You are natural in writing; it reads effortlessly, and unpretentiously. You can make the very last part, where you start hearing voices, a bit creepier, and you can present it to the reader with a few more sentences. :mozilla_smile: Extending the suspense...
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 20 Apr 2011 06:39

Thanks for the input. Will try.

All One really knows about writing is the basic stuff they teach for the essay of the final exam and that's a bit far from the current attempt as the rules and what not change depending on what you are are writing. It's good to know that One hasn't missed the target, at least a lot #:-s .
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 27 Apr 2011 16:46

In regard to a upcoming date.
Pardon any odd wording as One made the original in One's native tongue.
Seconds, minutes, hours, like grains of sand in a giant hourglass. Days, months and years, they flow by quietly, unnoticed, yet mercilessly. And when finally the time runs out, no matter how much we want, this hourglass can not be turned around, the sands of life have run out.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 14 May 2011 11:37

Right, One's back at it. Made a few changes to the end (as fallows), hopefully for the better. And will be trying to make some more.

“Leave this place human if you value your life” Argh my head, what the hell was that. “Remove your presence human” You’re hallucinating , sodding chemicals floating around. What the hell is that thing. Stay away from me! Relax, those are simply figments of your imagination. Ah crap that hurt. Ok maybe not that harmless. “Be gone human” I don*t like this, why are we still going on. I don’t know, I just have to, now shut it. Damn, my head hurts, like sledgehammers pounding. Someone’s there. Hey, you there. *incoherent mumbling* Hey, you alright? Damnation, that’s not a human, not any-more at least. “We warned you human, now you must die” This is not good, better get out of here. Why? This is what you want, is it not. SHUT UP ALREADY. Where’s the bloody exit! …… My head! …*thump*.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 18 May 2011 22:40

Nice :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 26 May 2011 22:52

Eh, where am I. In a forest. Gee, thank you captain obvious, wouldn’t have guessed that. I meant where are we. Well we don’t know anymore then you do. Quiet down, I think I hear something. There’s a river close by, on our left if I’m not mistaken. Well ain’t I lucky, it’s the Y-junction. My grandparent’s old home is close by, should still be standing there, a stone house after all.
What do you know, I was right. Wait a moment, somethings not right here. The air smells of smoke, wood-fired oven. Someone’s in the house.
Brave folks, considering that the house seems to be infested by witches jelly and cotton.
*click* Bloody hell! Tripwires. Sneaky bastards. Must’ve been a early warning system cause I’m still here. “Hey you there! Stand still, les you wish to loose a limb” Easy there now, I bear no ill tidings. “Shut it and keep still.” “He’s clean. As far as One can tell” Argh, not that again *drops to knees* “What’s wrong with him?” “A severe counter-reaction to One’s psy-influence it would seem. One suggests we resume conversation in verbal communication.” “Fine, fine. Ah bugger, looks like he ain’t gona be talking for a while” “Yes, it will take some time foe him to recover”
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 31 Aug 2011 15:35

I know that this is wrong yet I still do things counterproductive to my existence. I am fighting a war against myself, a war that is already lost. Whatever resistance I’m putting up is slowly but surely being chipped away. There is none to blame but myself, for it was me who sought to bring up that which lay deep beneath. Now that it’s here, it wants to take over and eventually…it will. Descent to madness shall be …. interesting
All One can hope for is that when the time comes, One is left to still linger in the mind.
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Next

Return to Journal From the Zone