Problem with weight mod on patched S.T.A.L.K.E.R.SoC version

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Problem with weight mod on patched S.T.A.L.K.E.R.SoC version

Postby Zobator on 21 Aug 2009 18:53

Hey, I'm completely new to modding S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC and to this forum.

I encountered a problem with the Endurance Mod Version 1.1 by gullgotha: http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Endurance_Mod;77353
The problem is that when I save a game while these files are installed, the saved game won't load properly and it gives a report upon crash. I didn't have this problem before I updated from the Out o/t Box version to version 1.0006 (I'm sure I updated corectly so that's not it)
I have the US version of the game and I changed the standard values of the mod to my own likes.

I could send someone the error report that I saved on my hard-disk

Please help me out!
Zobator

Re: Problem with weight mod on patched S.T.A.L.K.E.R.SoC version

Postby Nightwatch on 21 Aug 2009 23:26

Hi Zobator, welcome to the Forum. :mozilla_smile:

I am not familiar with this mod, but it may just be possible that the mod is for a different version of STALKER, e.g. 1.0004 or 1.0005. Anyway, GSC has withdrawn the 1.0006 patch and it is not recommended for further use. That was the last situation that I'm aware of.

You should post the error report, the bottom section is all is needed -the section that follows the line :FATAL ERROR.

It should help pointing out to the problem. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby busetibi on 22 Aug 2009 04:18

lol, why oh why dont people read the read me?
so simple a task :sigh:
anyway,
the Endurance Mod Version 1.1 is for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl v1.001
you have patch 1.0006,
i'm guessing it's a hFile>0 error.
in other words,You have a mod that is incompatible with the patch version you are using. You might be able to fix it by setting current_server_entity_version in system.ltx to the correct value for the patch you are using (6 for patch 1.0004 and 7 for patches 1.0005 and 1.0006), but all saves made while the value was wrong will not work.
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Zobator on 22 Aug 2009 08:57

Hey, thanx for the quick replies guys! I didn't knew a newer version of stalker has problems with old mods... Other games I modded didn't have this problem so this is my fault, sorry. I'll try busetibi's solution, but just in case I'll post everything that was under the FATAL ERROR line here: (it indeed says something about hFile>0)

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : hFile>0
[error]Function : FileDownload
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xrCore\FS.cpp
[error]Line : 106
[error]Description : c:\program files\thq\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\config\

stack trace:
Zobator

Return to Mods & Discussions