Tark

General Topics -all inclusive- on Shadow of Chernobyl

Tark

Postby MeanderingBeing on 28 Sep 2009 04:23

Found a stalker website, written in czech. Described something called a "TARK." I do not think this is a mod, but has all of the Beta monsters listed, like rats, rat wolves, dwarfs, and the tark... which is apparently a mutated horse.
The text describing it:
Něco jako zmutovaná podoba koně. Jehož tělo nemá již schopnost metabolismu a uzdravování tkáně. Chybí mu ocas, hlava je srostlá se zády a tvoří hrb. Přední končetiny jsou mnohem silměnší než zadní. Jeho tkáň je na mnoha místech porušena a místy jsou vidět svaly a kosti. Některé z kostí jsou zlomené a krev je hustá, ani skoro neteče. Váha je asi půl tuny a výška 2,5 až 3 m.
And the translation:
Such thing as mutated form horses. The body is no longer ability metabolism and recuperation tissues. It is missing tails, title is srostlá the back and form hvp. The front extremity are much silměnší than rear end. The tissue is in many places violated and the points are seen muscles and bones. Some of bones are broken and blood is dense, or almost be. Weight is about half tonnes and height 2,5 to 3 m.

The website is http://stalker.vokr.com/index.php?menu=nepratele

So why haven't I heard of these Tarks before? Why haven't I seen one in a mod? I need more info!

And just for the sake of reference, can someone post a bunch of screenies of Pseudo Giants for me, please? It seems Yahoo! and Google image searches have come up short!
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Re: Tark

Postby MeanderingBeing on 03 Oct 2009 22:11

Come on, guys! Help me out a little here!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 04 Oct 2009 00:22

Well, never hear of anything called "Tark" before, it may be one of those abandoned things during the earlier works of STALKER; just guessing. It sounds and looks interesting.

I'm not sure if I have anyPseudo Giant pictures with me, I'll check the archieve files, or if not then I can wait one of them pop up in the game (I'm testing the patch and having a run through the game) and take some photos of it for you. you need to wait for a day or two though, as my program is a bit hectic. :)
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby ket on 07 Dec 2009 12:49

I know the Tark. I wanted to add it in TK. The problem, is that screenshots is all that seems to exist of the Tark. I have evey beta of Stalker ever released and even a few internals, theres no textures or data files in any of them to do with the Tark.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 07 Dec 2009 23:15

So thats why I never see them in mods, eh? I've seen some old videos with Tarks in them... I even remember an early AMK video with a tark in it... maybe someone who speaks Russian can help me get in contact with the AMK dudes, maybe...?
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 07 Dec 2009 23:24

They speak English :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby MeanderingBeing on 08 Dec 2009 03:38

oh.... I thought they were a bunch of russians... so obviously I made the assumption that I made.... but since they DO speak english, how do I get in contact with them? Don't they have their own website or something? Can someone provide me with a link or email, possibly?
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 08 Dec 2009 07:35

The original team were Russian. Current AMK team are English, none of the old members exist in that team any more, so it would be fruitless.
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Return to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl