LURK Mod

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

LURK Mod

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 03 Nov 2009 13:13

WHOA! Guys - check this shit out!!! =D>

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lurk
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby Nightwatch on 03 Nov 2009 15:29

fiznerpin
I couldn't find a connection between NEWSA project and this LURK? Is there anything that I'm missing?

If there's no connection that should concern me, then we can move it as a separate thread.

Is this also a joke (fake) mod or is it made really available? (Is the modder's name really as it is written on the site, if I'm not mistaken, because it says shithole, which has let me think that it may be a spoof, well, or not, anyway).
It doesn't look to offer anything other than vanilla+blowouts?

==================

EDIT: Moved it to this mew topic.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: NEWSA+SIMBION_tweaked Support and Gameplay

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 04 Nov 2009 03:30

Nightwatch wrote:fiznerpin
I couldn't find a connection between NEWSA project and this LURK? Is there anything that I'm missing?

If there's no connection that should concern me, then we can move it as a separate thread.

Is this also a joke (fake) mod or is it made really available? (Is the modder's name really as it is written on the site, if I'm not mistaken, because it says shithole, which has let me think that it may be a spoof, well, or not, anyway).
It doesn't look to offer anything other than vanilla+blowouts?

what I was seeing is a reduction in AI awareness so that stealth was actually possible, plus the AI was changed so if somebody on the "outer fringes" was hit, the whole bunch didn't go into alarm mode. You supposedly should be able to creep up on someone & shank 'em in the back... there was other tidbits as well, but the stealth mode really caught my eye. :thumbright:
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Re: LURK Mod

Postby MeanderingBeing on 05 Nov 2009 00:34

Videos of a LURK mod have been around on youtube for a while. It seems interesting, but it seems to me that the reduction in AI awareness can be a bit drastic at times. But, that being said, I will probably be downloading this once my computer is finished... :P Its shanking time!
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 05 Nov 2009 17:28

I played this mod for a while and it was quite good. The visuals are
tweaked heavily. Stealth is improved nicely but otherwise its mostly
an improved vanilla gameplay.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby nicoledc109 on 29 Jul 2010 03:52

fiznerpin1962 wrote:WHOA! Guys - check this shit out!!! =D>

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lurk

Such a very amazing link!
nicoledc109

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 14 Aug 2010 16:44

While yes it makes the stealth part easier, it can also screw you over (i got eaten by a pack of dogs right under the duty outpost at the perimiter and they just stood there) or just make it too easy ( i shoot someone right in a group and the others go on with their buisness)
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby jamie1992 on 15 Aug 2010 14:41

DARK TEMPLAR wrote:While yes it makes the stealth part easier, it can also screw you over (i got eaten by a pack of dogs right under the duty outpost at the perimiter and they just stood there) or just make it too easy ( i shoot someone right in a group and the others go on with their buisness)

That's what all the mods "Stealth" does, there is no real way to make stealth, you can only "Handicap" the AI, leading to problems, IE, changing their view distance, the distance sound travels etc.

All mods that claim stealth lie, it was even confirmed by Don, Bac9, various others including myself, along with one GSC Dev on the Russian side way back in 2007. We all discussed Stealth and without the FULL SDK, and the ability to rebuild the engine, you CANNOT create stealth, the sooner people realise that the better, cause its royally pissing me off.
Wu Tang! Wu Tang! Wu Tang!
jamie1992
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 01 Feb 2011 09:14

jamie1992 wrote:
That's what all the mods "Stealth" does, there is no real way to make stealth, you can only "Handicap" the AI, leading to problems, IE, changing their view distance, the distance sound travels etc.

All mods that claim stealth lie, it was even confirmed by Don, Bac9, various others including myself, along with one GSC Dev on the Russian side way back in 2007. We all discussed Stealth and without the FULL SDK, and the ability to rebuild the engine, you CANNOT create stealth, the sooner people realise that the better, cause its royally pissing me off.

Tell me how you really feel...... =)) Yeah, I figured that out after playing it a bit (to X16) turns 'em into real dipshits... no repair kit/ weapons & sounds are awesome/ miss the minimap. nice visuals. Guide has been dead since I first crossed the bridge (game killer IMO) the search is on...
Kinda NEWSA'd out, Fallout-ed out, already beat Black Ops twice.... *sigh*
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 01 Feb 2011 16:05

fiznerpin1962 wrote:
jamie1992 wrote:

Tell me how you really feel...... =)) Yeah, I figured that out after playing it a bit (to X16) turns 'em into real dipshits... no repair kit/ weapons & sounds are awesome/ miss the minimap. nice visuals. Guide has been dead since I first crossed the bridge (game killer IMO) the search is on...
Kinda NEWSA'd out, Fallout-ed out, already beat Black Ops twice.... *sigh*

Fallout? Did someone say Fallout? FPS Run 'n Gun.....Cube Experimental....A Note Easily Missed (series)....A Quest For Heaven (series)....Path of The Gunslinger.....and more.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Return to Mods & Discussions