Recording

Recording

Postby Balious on 09 Jan 2010 15:20

Hey guys.

I seem to be getting more and more problems with recording as I make videos.

Okay right now I had gone onto HDMI which at first caused me sound problems for my computer but managed to fix that with the drivers.

My now problem is when I record using fraps on any game I do not get any sound. I plug my microphone in and start recording and I get lag/slowness but I do have sound. I looked around the audio manager of realtek and looked at options in Fraps and found nothing. I am just totally confused by this whole situation.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this? I be glad to keep my microphone/headset in if recording didnt go randomly laggy.

When I next get the chance I will see if going to a certain fps will help but I tried 60 and 30 on l4d2 and that didnt work.
Balious
Senior Resident

Re: Recording

Postby Balious on 09 Jan 2010 17:51

Okay I think I solved the lag problem but the main problem is the sound. You can barely hear anything with it on.

Is it because I went on HDMI?
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 10 Jan 2010 01:21

Well, recording sound with fraps all depends on your sound drivers... go into your systray volume settings and go to properties, and open up the recording, or input, interface. You will see the volume controls for a bunch of things like microphone, front mic, cd audio, stereo mix, and line in. There may be more or less, depending on your drivers. Select the one that says "stereo mix" or something to that degree. This will record every sound processed by your sound card or motherboard. Then go into fraps and select "use windows input." If that doesn't help, just post a message and I'll help you however I can! :)
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 10 Jan 2010 12:14

Never tried Windows input so I give that a go. I will report back if I have any problems or if it works.

Edit:
Okay heres what I got selected in realtek.
http://i49.tinypic.com/spj1if.jpg

And here are my fraps settings.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2rdemtl.jpg

I tried windows input and after testing with and without my headset plugged in I had no sound from both. I had gone back to my normal settings last night for a test and everything seemed to work as they normally do but when I switch back to HDMI i cant seem to record any sound or its just really quiet you can barely hear it with missing pieces.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 11 Jan 2010 08:54

Hrm, don't know what to tell you man. I'll ask a ccouple o buddies of mine to see what they say...

EDIT: I seem to have a typing ststststutter
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 22 Jan 2010 13:38

I seem to of fixed my sound problem. But fraps keeps lagging me in games.
Meandering what settings do you have games on and fraps when recording?
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 22 Jan 2010 19:51

Im too late to edit my last message.

Nevermind about the above post Jamie has helped me fix it.
Balious
Senior Resident

Postby Balious on 23 Jan 2010 01:32

forget my above post. seems my headset seems to be causing the slowness as it doesnt go this slow without it in. any ideas on a new one to make sure?
Balious
Senior Resident

Return to Hardware Corner