"Call Of Pripyat" NEWS

General Topics -all inclusive- on Call of Pripyat

Re: "Call Of Pripyat" NEWS

Postby 3040Krag on 02 Mar 2010 14:01

fiz,

Go to the deep pit north of the Jupiter plant. There's a mining machine that has a wheel that looks kind of like a ferris wheel. In the big machine is the stash, and near it a Stalker you want to talk with.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 02 Mar 2010 17:17

I took that mercenaries quest as well. I just got the mission in my log, went to the location(which wasn't marked) - and nobody home. :-?? no lockups though.
I swear - every CD of this game has it's own different "personality" #-o

-I am starting to search stashes (haven't really needed them) - have a bug @ the one in the burnt farmstead. Marker is there, but been all over the area where the marker is, shot every possible hiding place, hit <ctrl> a gazillion times to try & pick up a item description in the world - nothing. Hope that one isn't something important....
Tula, Russia - home of the real S.T.A.L.K.E.R. weapons.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 02 Mar 2010 17:20

3040Krag wrote:fiz,

Go to the deep pit north of the Jupiter plant. There's a mining machine that has a wheel that looks kind of like a ferris wheel. In the big machine is the stash, and near it a Stalker you want to talk with.

- thanks buddy! :thumbright: That was going to be my next plan of attack before work today... the ferris wheel hint was a dead giveaway. ;)
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 03 Mar 2010 01:23

fiznerpin1962 wrote:I took that mercenaries quest as well. I just got the mission in my log, went to the location(which wasn't marked) - and nobody home. :-?? no lockups though.
I swear - every CD of this game has it's own different "personality" #-o

-I am starting to search stashes (haven't really needed them) - have a bug @ the one in the burnt farmstead. Marker is there, but been all over the area where the marker is, shot every possible hiding place, hit <ctrl> a gazillion times to try & pick up a item description in the world - nothing. Hope that one isn't something important....
Nothing important, per se, but very nice IMHO. I think the burnt farmstead location is like an obscure joke - it's either going over your head or it's below your intelligence ;) (there are two stashes, one IN the burnt farmstead, and one nearby). The one in the farmstead is in plain sight if you get the right viewing angle.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 03 Mar 2010 03:13

Timing can be critical. I'm in the process of playing the final evacuation mission, at 0100 hours in the rain. Not only laggy, but even with a night vision scope the Monolith are incredibly tough to find and kill. I should have gone to sleep 'til the AM (probably will reload and do that!). Even so, if I wanted all I'd have to do is hunker down, I think you could play to the end without firing a shot - this is one reason CoP isn't as good as NEWSA, the sheer brutality of being the actor and the center of all enemy's hatred just isn't the same.

What is it about nighttime that lags the game? You'd kind of think darkness would limit FOV and increase framerates, but not. No need for anyone to answer, it is what it is.

While I'll do the cutscene, I'll do a quicksave before choosing. There are still 3 or 4 documents in the lab I need to find, and I may reload an even earlier save because I missed out on the Mercenary mission.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 04 Mar 2010 06:10

OK, gotta say it.

The Prypiat scripted gameplay is seriously whack. If you don't do every mission exactly when it's suggested, you often can't complete that mission. It took some real hoop-jumping tonight to complete the majority of Prypiat missions/side missions. Because, once Strelok joins the fray the game locks into endgame. Literally locks the doors to the laundromat and forces you to run the evacuation mission.

What WERE they thinking when they did this? I mean, the "choppers are already in the air" yet you can sleep, and sleep, and sleep - but you can't leave the laundromat. Those choppers are going to run out of fuel before I finish "resting." ;)
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 04 Mar 2010 14:55

I hear ya... and, by the time you have the freeplay option, ain't nothing much left to do. :-Q
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 11 Mar 2010 00:28

Yup. 2 playthroughs is all I can take... freeplay is deadsville..... back to FO3
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 11 Mar 2010 02:04

Two was all I could take, as well. The fact that bandits are all lovey-dovey (almost all of them, anyway) and you only see real Monolith in Prypiat takes away more than half the fun.

I have end-game saves in Vanilla, Oblivion Lost, Priboi Story and NEWSA+Simbion. All are reasonably playable and enjoyable. Not CoP - even artifacts don't much spawn after the game climaxes. And, what about NO blowouts in Prypiat? Isn't the player even closer to the center of the zone there?

SoC and all it's mods, #1 and #2

CS and it's mods, #3

CoP - #4, and a somewhat poor number 4 at that.

I've over-played NEWSA, so I'm doing a new Priboi now. I'm hoping I can finally play it without referring to the guide. FEAR is also looking tempting. Wish Lost Alpha was finally finished and released!
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 11 Mar 2010 05:57

3040Krag wrote:
I've over-played NEWSA, so I'm doing a new Priboi now. I'm hoping I can finally play it without referring to the guide. FEAR is also looking tempting. Wish Lost Alpha was finally finished and released!

I agree. Let me tell ya - I have the whole F.E.A.R series - well worth the money :thumbright: Gameplay/graphics top notch. and.... you get the added bonus of jumping right out of your seat @ times, and maybe even crappin' yourself! =)) I scared the sh@t out of myself quite a few times....
1. F.E.A.R

2. F.E.A.R. - persius mandate
3. F.E.A.R. 2 - project origin
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 12 Mar 2010 00:23

Hmm,

(adds Persius Mandate and Project Origin to shopping list :mozilla_wink: :thumbright: )
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 12 Mar 2010 08:09

I also have the FEAR trilogy...and fully enjoyed them. COP is ready to be replayed later...with Mods.
"Let the Zone take me if I am"
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby fiznerpin1962 on 12 Mar 2010 12:17

audioave10 wrote:I also have the FEAR trilogy...and fully enjoyed them. COP is ready to be replayed later...with Mods.

Probably, maybe, - would have to make a bandit a bandit again for starters.....
fiznerpin1962
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 12 Mar 2010 18:11

Not many enemies in this game (except mutants) but I always go after the Bandits anyway. I have heard of talk about a "Bandit Mod" on GSC so hopefully
someone will get it done. When you get the "Artifact Hunter" achievement you can be attacked by bandits (they will be RED) while you have your detector out.
They will sneak up on you (killed me once). It was a suprise. This game has some secrets to it that I stumbled across but it takes alot of play time to unlock
many of them. Hoping for "Epic" mods now...seems that "SMRTER COP" is the first one already out.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 13 Mar 2010 00:23

How do you get "Artifact Hunter"? I ALWAYS travel with my detector out, have found 3 artifacts outside of anomalies that way.

I've cleaned out the levels of artifacts, it's quite boring to travel an entire map for one or two artifacts. I've amassed over 500k RU selling the buggers, but no "Artifact Hunter" award. Strange.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 13 Mar 2010 04:29

3040Krag wrote:
What is it about nighttime that lags the game? You'd kind of think darkness would limit FOV and increase framerates, but not. No need for anyone to answer, it is what it is.

I can explain this. Its the light sources. Things like torchlights from NPCs kill the FPS, not sure why, just does. Always has even way back in SoC.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby 3040Krag on 13 Mar 2010 04:54

That may be, but it lags even when I'm all alone - except for the mutants of course :-o
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby audioave10 on 13 Mar 2010 06:49

I got "Artifact Hunter" by a glitch when using Atmosphere Mod + a different blowout mod (which was a Beta). I probably wouldn't have the patience to get it either
myself. Once you get it, the Bandits are scripted to be aware of your ability to have "valuable artifacts" and will rob you. Kinda cool. Some achievements are not
easy to get...but they will have effects on the game. It seems you have to play a long time to have a chance to get them. I played quite a while but stopped a
week ago and haven't gone back yet. Nights are fine here...but I sank some serious money into my gaming rig.
audioave10
Senior Resident

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 13 Mar 2010 21:16

If i remember correctly, the ''artifact hunter'' achievment will be unlocked when you find at least one of every single artifact there is
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

PreviousNext

Return to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat