advice: have had to give multiple people a kick up the arse

Subjects with Humorous Touch

advice: have had to give multiple people a kick up the arse

Postby ket on 24 May 2010 22:43

Evening guys. For one reason and another I felt it necessary to give a lot of people I consider friends a firm, but polite as possible kick up the backside regarding various things. Below is what I wrote out and stuffed on facebook as everyone is on there so no excuses they never saw it. Just wondering if you guys think its generally worded correctly and if i have a point. Nightwatch, fatrap, I'm looking at you guys mainly on this one you're very worldly people :)

"Evening everybody . First and foremost let’s get one thing clear, slating people in this manner is not something I enjoy, but after some recent events have left me deeply disturbed by your behaviour and actions you all need to know this. There will be no naming and shaming, those who have just been shit friends should know who they are, and likewise those who had a genuinely valid reason should know this is not aimed at them, thanks obviously to those who are coming :o) Everybody is getting a link to this so absolutely NOTHING is warped and twisted.

As you all know its Husky’s main birthday event this Friday, something a majority of you had a monstrous amount of notice about. I find it absolutely diabolical at the lack of effort made by people to attend Husky’s main birthday event. There are some people who barely know Husky but are coming to his main birthday event, what kind of person does it make those amongst you who know Husky but aren’t? How does it make you feel knowing people who barely know Husky made more of a effort than you have? Husky’s main birthday event was even arranged for the end of the month when most people get paid. Whether it’s something you like or not is absolutely no reason for not coming, nor is the excuse “I had work the next day” as regardless, like I said, a majority of you had a huge amount of notice so even if you couldn’t get a holiday day 9.5/10 times you can find a work colleague who will swap shifts given its somewhat of a special event celebrating a quarter of a century. Worse still some people didn’t even give a reason why they are not coming, just messed others around before inevitably pulling out late. You can’t just draft in replacements with a week notice for something like Brighton. That’s why a lot of you were given a month notice. It’s the guy’s birthday for Christ sake, and not just any birthday but a landmark one. All the things he has come out to for you people but he really doesn’t like , only come because he’s been a good friend, and spent his money on something he thought was crap to please everybody else. Is it really THAT hard for you to take ONE night of doing something he wants to do on his BIRTHDAY? The keyword to remember here people is COMPROMISE. Husky has done things he doesn’t like for you multiple times, now it’s your turn to do it once. That street works both ways you know not just your way. This is a guy you’re supposed to like and consider a friend. I’m not interested in excuses from people, just acknowledge the fact you’ve been a shit friend, and make it up – no half arsed attempts like offering a pint down the pub. It makes me embarrassed and ashamed to call you friends as well, after all, I introduced him to you all thinking you were decent people who wouldn’t do something like this.

I can’t speak for Husky, but I’m sure he will tell you should you ask, but I am certainly not your friend just when it’s convenient to you.

I sincerely hope you understand why I felt so strongly as to take the time to type this out."
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Re: advice: have had to give multiple people a kick up the arse

Postby ket on 25 May 2010 12:27

In case it wasn't all that clear, others feel free to add their 2c as well :p Just looking at Nightwatch and Fatrap as their probably amongst what we would call "the worldly elders", and hence, we should bow to their wisdom and insight. B-)
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301

ket
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 25 May 2010 15:06

People will be people. And as you get older, you will be more able to accept that and learn along the way that trying to change your friends doesn't work. Just enjoy their company when you are with them and let it go.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 25 May 2010 15:16

rockingmtranch wrote:People will be people. And as you get older, you will be more able to accept that and learn along the way that trying to change your friends doesn't work. Just enjoy their company when you are with them and let it go.

Very wisely said, I totally agree. =D>
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby ket on 26 May 2010 15:06

I accept that. What really got to me is the fact I KNOW people didn't try very hard just because my friend wants to go to a rock club and they don't listen to rock much, yet any shitty thing anyone else happens to organise many of them would turn up to. I think the least people can do is make a effort.

ket
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 26 May 2010 15:20

If your expectations are too high, you will find yourself disappointed a lot. Go with the flow......
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 26 May 2010 16:36

rockingmtranch wrote: Go with the flow......

Easier said then done. :mozilla_frown: at least for me it's like running head first in to a brick wall ](*,) #-o
Last edited by DARK TEMPLAR on 26 May 2010 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 26 May 2010 17:20

Yup. Especially as quite a few initially said yes, then pulled out. I'm smarter than 99% of the friends I have, by a considerable margin. I know those who did say yes said it to look good with the intention from the outset of backing out.

ket
Senior Resident

Return to Bar in the Zone