looking for a decent free video editor

looking for a decent free video editor

Postby ket on 11 May 2010 00:27

Title says it all guys. I'm trying to find a video editor that will let me delete and replace audio streams in a video. I'm using win 7 remember, so something like win movie maker isnt a option. :(
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Re: looking for a decent free video editor

Postby Nightwatch on 29 May 2010 21:16

I tried the same thing recently, well, a few months ago, to be correct. I tried with different softwares up to the mighty Adobe Premiere Pro and its attachments (tried even Adobe Encore) but the thing is that if the original video has not been recorded in separate music channel(s) and video channels, then it's not possible to separate the music channel. That's true, unless the person is very professional and he would manage the filter frequencies of the music from the frequencies of the normal noise and sounds in the video (film sounds, effects, dialogue, etc.)
depends on your video's situation. A lot of software not freeware and they are rather expensive, but it's almost always possible to get them on trial basis for a limited time, at least.

Do you know if the video has multi dedicated tracks for sounds and visuals?
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Return to Software Desk