DEUS EX 3 ... Another Legend?

Discussions, News, Questions

DEUS EX 3 ... Another Legend?

Postby Nightwatch on 20 Jun 2010 01:30

This the newest trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/deusexofficial

Watch the other trailers on the same page.

What do you think?
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: DEUS EX 3 ... Another Legend?

Postby MeanderingBeing on 20 Jun 2010 19:07

Nightwatch wrote:This the newest trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/deusexofficial

Watch the other trailers on the same page.

What do you think?

I really liked the first, and liked the second almost as much. We'll have to wait and see, but I am definitely hyped up for this one. If it is anywhere near as good as the first two, I will probably be stuck to my computer screen for a couple months...

I wonder though... is that the same voice as JC Denton?
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 20 Jun 2010 22:37

I'm quite hopeful for this one, and I hope that this hope materializes (if it makes any sense) lol :mozilla_smile:

On the voice question, yes, I think you're right, it sounds sounds like JC Danton. However, as I don't have a good musical ear to distinguish voices precisely, I can't say it for sure.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby MeanderingBeing on 21 Jun 2010 05:12

Take it from an audiophile... that sounds like one and the same, I was just hoping for confirmation...

Also on that note, if it IS JC Denton... It wouldn't really make sense in the story. JC Denton was turned into a giant psychic super-computer made to control the entire world through the noosphere (stalker anyone?) between Dues Ex and invisible wars... and all but 2 of the endings for IW involved KILLING JC Denton...

Hrm... This makes me seriously wonder about the validity of the plot... is this going to be another puked up sequel for the sole purpose of exploiting the vast Dues Ex fan-base, or is this an actual legit continuation of the saga? I hope my hopes aren't crushed by capitolism, as they often are.
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby shift3r on 02 Jul 2010 07:04

hopefully this will be good :D only about another 6 months to wait!

the artwork is a massive improvement from the last game, and the trailer shows that they have followed through in the style from some of the early material released.

i have no idea what happened in Invisible War because i didn't play it for more than an hour or so. was it worth playing for anyone here? i'll read about the storyline somewhere before 3 comes out but i don't think i could play it.
shift3r

Postby Nightwatch on 04 Jul 2010 00:36

As a person who like the original Deus Ex greatly and would put it in the top ten best games ever list, I found its sequel Invisible War not quite in the same league, like many others who played it. However, when looking at things in context, IW's lukewarm reception was partly due to the phenomenal success of its predecessor Deus Ex. IW had very big shoes to fill in front of it. Still, I managed to play the game , I think, twice over the time and it's not that bad actually, once I stopped comparing with the original. Worth playing, at least.

I hope this new installment will give us some near-quality performance comparable with Deus Ex. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby shift3r on 06 Jul 2010 04:29

i'll play it because you said that, well, have a fresh look at it anyway.

personally, i don't get too hung-up about a game 'living up to [something else]..' because i have fairly broad taste and i would prefer to get a different-good-game from a developer rather than nothing B-) i can name my favourites pretty easily and Deus Ex has been in my top 10, most of the time in top 5 too, if i ever kept track! so i was hurt by the next one.

when i got my hands on DE2 or IW whatever, and loaded it up i just.. (begin exaggeration).. had a massive allergic reaction to the gooey blobby shapes and glowing over coloured everything. and then played for an unhappy bunch of minutes. a few other shots at it didn't help.

my strategy with this sort of thing is to get my fill of promo material and then avoid the hell out of everything near to release, that way i'm not counting how many sleeps till Christmas, to then receive a pair of socks instead of a bike :vom:

i'm keen to know how the new Augs will work exactly but looking for 'detail' before release is, imo, another mistake.
shift3r

Postby Nightwatch on 30 Jul 2010 00:13

Much respected CVG Magazine has released a preview of the Deus Ex Human Revolution (aka Deus Ex 3). It seems the've found it, at least so far, a worthy game after the legend of Deus Ex.

In a few short quotes from the preview on CVG Magazine reads as:

"Stage one: nail the setting. Set in 2027, a quarter of a century before the original, the winding narrative concerns itself with the classic man-as-machine musings - with mechanical-human augmentation fever sweeping ultra-modern Planet Earth. We've got the traditional shady mega-corporation without which few games can cope these days (in this case, Sarif Industries), a brave but brittle resistance movement (the Humanity Front) and some poor sap caught in the middle of it all (our hero, Adam Jensen).
Blasted into chunks during an attack on the Sarif management hierarchy by Black Ops, private security dude Jensen wakes to find himself all a bit Robocop - so the quest begins to discover what he's become, and settle some scores along the way.

Stage two: nail the mechanics. Deus Ex did a frankly spectacular job of plonking you in an intriguing and unfamiliar locale, giving you just a cursory brief and then imbuing you with that feeling that you were free to get on with fulfilling your objectives any damn way you wanted."

"There are some neat ideas too - augs like X-Ray vision (think grabbing foes through walls), skin-grafted Claymore mines and bungee-style death leaps (which demonstrate genuinely inventive thinking on the part of the team), sit alongside the usual raft of machine pistols and sniper rifles. There are also thousands of created-especially-for-the-game brands and items to help fashion a convincing illusion of a genuine near-future society, testament to a project that's already been in development for more than three years.

At its most basic level, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is combining the cover-focused, super-slick blasting of an Uncharted 2 and the intelligent talky stuff of Mass Effect - but it's also furnishing the whole shebang with a singular sci-fi vision that genuinely feels just that little bit special."

"...........you've got the recipe for an sure-fire cyberpunk success and the start of an exciting neuromance for Deux Ex fans. We're very excited indeed."

======================================================================

>>Full preview on CVG Magazine here:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=257187

======================================================================
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby shift3r on 13 Aug 2010 06:29

brilliant! (*telling self to not get hopes up*)
shift3r

Postby Nightwatch on 19 Aug 2010 20:47

*-----------------DEUS EX 3 GAMEPLAY VIDEO -----------------*

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=259902

THIS IS THE HIGH DEFINITION (HD) VERSION:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/video.php?id=3934

Guys, watch the HD Version! It takes longer to buffer, but it gives much better visuals.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 19 Aug 2010 22:21

That looks AWESOME!!! :-bd
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby Nightwatch on 01 Aug 2011 21:34

Another video caught my attention, which is referred as "stealth, combat, hacking, social series.."
The game looks nice.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/31 ... rashes-in/
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby MeanderingBeing on 25 Aug 2011 01:25

Just rode my bike 20 miles and traded in ALL of my games for Dues Ex Human Revolution... And it was totally fucking worth it! :)
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 25 Aug 2011 21:24

I'm glad that it's turned out to be "a-game-worth-to-buy." :-bd I think I'll have time for it in a week or two, as well. Please do let us know of your experiences and impressions as you play the game. And any clues as well. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby MeanderingBeing on 10 Sep 2011 08:26

Well, I had written a little quick start guide (no spoilers, just gameplay suggestions) but for some reason STALKERmod signed me out while I was writing it and I lost the whole thing... I'm kind of frustrated and pissed of about it... ugh. Sorry mates.
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 10 Sep 2011 18:13

Well, too bad actually, it'd be really great to have such a quick start guide. Forum has a 2-hours standby time before cutting the connection due to inactivity within this period, but there must have been a glitch somewhere (as I don't think you stood inactive for two hours), yup, bad luck; sometimes problems on internet streams may cause such things. If the post is important/long, then I might think that the best precaution might be to highlight and copy the written part before clicking on publish/send buttons on forums, as losing the "hard-worked post" is very frustrating, I agree. I hope later you could find an opportunity (after your anger has suitably passed :mozilla_smile:) to publish such clues/guides. :mozilla_smile:
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 11 Sep 2011 17:24

Agree with Nightwatch. I use Notepad or something similar then copy it over here.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby ket on 12 Oct 2011 01:54

I've only played through the new Deus Ex once so far, but it is indeed very good. Even with loads of aug upgrades though, your character is still a sissy and will die in the blink of a eye. Whatever you do, DON'T LOOK UP! You will be greeted with a sky texture in the "outside world" so horribly low it makes the vanilla Stalker sky textures look superb!
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 16 Oct 2011 02:54

That bad, hah, disappointment then it is. A new DLC is about to be released as I hear.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Next

Return to All PC Games