Internet Scams to Die For!

Subjects with Humorous Touch

Internet Scams to Die For!

Postby Nightwatch on 20 Nov 2010 17:31

A new Level in Internet Scams:

Hey Guys, I've received an email, apparently from some lawyers acting on behalf of Bank of America. (No, you haven't read it wrong! It actually says Bank of America. ) And it informs me that I've been given a 30 Million US Dollars... no, you haven't read it wrong, either. It's 30 million US$.

And everything is very simple from that point onwards. All I have to do is to give those lawyers all my details so that they can proceed with this transaction. Hurray!!! I'm a Millionaire now :-bd

If you don't believe me, this is the email notification I received:
(I have removed all the links on the received email, of course)

Bank of America

1890 Epps Bridge Pkwy, Athens, GA 30606

NOTIFICATION OF CREDIT FROM BANK OF AMERICA.

Attn:Beneficiary (Bank Of America)

We have this 20th day of October 2010, received a payment credit instruction from the United Nations and World bank to credit your account to the tune of US$ 4.5 million being part payment of your US$ 30 million. However, you shall required to re-confirm the following details as specified below to effect the wire transfer aforementioned above to your designated account details:

{1}. Your Full Name and Address.:
{2}. Your Confidential Tel, Cell and Fax.
{3). Your Bank name and address.:
{4). Your A/c Name and A/c Numbers.:
(5). Your Swift Code / Routing Numbers.:

Please do provide the above information accurately, because this office cannot afford to be held liable for any wrong transfer of funds or liability of funds credited into a ghost account.

Thanks for banking with Bank of America while we looking forward to serving you with the best of our service.

Thanks and God bless you.
Regards,

Yours in Service,
MR..EDWARD WOOD
A/C officer B O A Georgia Branch.
Please contact me at

NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: 100 Rads Bar... Home of the Off-Topic Topics!

Postby 3040Krag on 20 Nov 2010 18:11

Don't most law firms use email to facilitate money transfers with strangers? B-(

Here's an email scam I recently saw discussed. 8-[
I am very sorry for you my friend ,It is a pity that this is how your life is going to end as soon as you don't comply. As you can see there is no need for me introducing myself to you because I don't have any business with you, my duty as I am mailing you now is just to (KILL YOU ) and I have to do it as I have already want to be paid for .Someone you call a Friend want's you Dead by all means, and the person want to spent a lot of money on this,the person also came to us and told me that he wanted you dead and he provided us with your name,picture and other necessary information's we needed about you. So I have sent my boy's to track you down and they have carried out the necessary investigation needed for the operation on you, and they have done that but I told them not to kill you that I will like to contact you and see if your life is Important to you or not.since we have find out that you are innocent. I called my client back and ask him of your email address which I didn't tell him what I wanted to do with it and he gave it to me and I am using it to contact you now. As I am writing to you now my men are monitoring you and they are telling me everything about you. Now do you want to LIVE OR ! DIE? As the person want to offer us $100,000 to kill you,before i ask my boys to investigate more on the matter then after much investigation they came to tell me that you are innocent so i decided to mail you to know if you still need your life and if you still need it..You will have to pay some fees to spare your life,$25,000 is all you need to spend then I will send a tape to you which i recorded every discussion i had with the person who wanted you dead and as soon as you get the tape,If you are not ready for my help, then I will carry on with my job straight-up. WARNING: DO NOT THINK OF CONTACTING THE POLICE OR EVEN TELLING ANYONE BECAUSE I WILL KNOW.REMEMBER,SOMEONE WHO KNOWS YOU VERY WELL WANT YOU DEAD! I WILL EXTEND IT TO YOUR FAMILY, IN CASE I NOTICE SOMETHING FUNNY. MY DISCUSSION WITH THE PERSON WHO WANT YOU DEAD THEN YOU CAN USE IT TO TAKE ANY LEGAL ACTION... GOOD LUCK AS I AWAIT YOUR REPLY.
=))
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Re: Internet Scams to Die For!

Postby rockingmtranch on 20 Nov 2010 23:33

You should forward that one to the FBI krag.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby 3040Krag on 21 Nov 2010 17:18

I didn't receive that email, a forum member at another site I frequent got it in his email. So, while a good idea, sending it to the FBI (or other LEO) is more of a hearsay kind of thing for me.
3040Krag
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 08 Dec 2010 17:45

GOT ANOTHER ONE!! :-bd

And guess from whom...??

(links removed, of course, before posting here the mail I received; and some sections are colour highlighted by me.)

PRIME MINISTER'S OFFICE
TREASURY AND MINISTER FOR THE CIVIL SERVICE, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM.

Our ref: ATM/13470/IDR
Your ref:...Date: 06/12/2010

IMMEDIATE PAYMENT NOTIFICATION

I am The Rt Hon David Cameron MP,Prime Minister, First Lord of the Treasury and Minister for the Civil Service British Government. This letter is to officially inform you that (ATM Card Number 7302 7168 0041 0640) has been accredited with your favor. Your Personal Identification Number is 1090.The VISA Card Value is £2,000,000.00 (Two Million, Great British Pounds Sterling).

This office will send to you an Visa/ATM CARD that you will use to withdraw your funds in any ATM MACHINE CENTER or Visa card outlet in the world with a maximum of £5000 GBP daily.Further more,You will be required to re-confirm the following information to enable; The Rt Hon William Hague MP First Secretary of State for British Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs. begin in processing of your VISA CARD.

(1)Full names: (2)Address: (3)Country: (4)Nationality: (5)Phone #: (6)Age:
(7)Occupation: (8) Post Codes

Rt Hon William Hague MP.
First Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs Email;
<<removed: link... link... link...>>

Tel: +447407165696

TAKE NOTICE: That you are warned to stop further communications with any other
person(s) or office(s) different from the staff of the State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs to avoid hitches in receiving your payment.

Regards,

Rt Hon David Cameron MP
Prime Minister

=)) =))
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 08 Dec 2010 23:13

Looks pretty official. That new ATM card should be in the mail B-)
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby ket on 22 Mar 2013 19:50

LOL! Crazy to think people still try these lame methods of getting peoples IDs to commit fraud. Anyone who falls for it has whats coming to them IMO :p I've only ever got like one email like whats posted above, which naturally I just deleted. I may of got more, but google does a excellent job of filtering crap out :D
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby rockingmtranch on 28 Mar 2013 19:16

ket wrote:LOL! Crazy to think people still try these lame methods of getting peoples IDs to commit fraud. Anyone who falls for it has whats coming to them IMO :p I've only ever got like one email like whats posted above, which naturally I just deleted. I may of got more, but google does a excellent job of filtering crap out :D

They do pretty good at filtering but some still get through. I've had so many "relatives" die abroad I should be rich beyond belief. Well, maybe not beyond belief. I can believe pretty rich.
----------------
rockingmtranch

Postby ket on 03 Jul 2013 23:27

Well if nothing else at least you got a few minutes of entertainment reading bad english lol :D
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Return to Bar in the Zone