Taking out Monolith in Sarcophagus level.

Discussions and Support on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mods

Taking out Monolith in Sarcophagus level.

Postby busetibi on 13 Sep 2008 02:38

The group of Monolith that spawn when you open the coded door.
I tried two different ways, both were very effective.
Before you climb the ladder, look around and collect the explosive barrels, and the gas tank, if you have mines it's even better.
they spawn in close to the ladder, place the barrels and gas tank next to the ladder, place a couple of mines behind the double steel boxes as they'll run behind it.
place the rest of the mines (six would be good) in the small gap between the wall and the steel chest a bit further up from the ladder (choke point)
let them all spawn in before you start shooting at the barrels, take out any left behind from the explosions (I found 1 still alive)
or..........
clear all the wooden crates that are sitting on top of the steel boxes, hit the decoder and get behind the double steel boxes and rocket spam the whole spawn in area, they'll head for cover and stay there as long as you keep spamming, once the door opens back into the room while still firing till you hit the level change.
I've tried both ways and didn't take one hit
edit:
http://busetibi.homestead.com/files/ss_ ... cofag_.jpg

as you can see they try to duck behind those steel boxes once things get hot,they then run into the mines
p00f! all gone
Last edited by busetibi on 13 Sep 2008 02:55, edited 1 time in total.
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 13 Sep 2008 02:48

Thanks busetibi
Perfect tips from a Master Player :D I'm sure many will find this very useful. :D
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: Taking out Monolith in Sarcophagus level.

Postby Verton23 on 13 Sep 2008 07:58

busetibi wrote:The group of Monolith that spawn when you open the coded door.
I tried two different ways, both were very effective.
Before you climb the ladder, look around and collect the explosive barrels, and the gas tank, if you have mines it's even better.
they spawn in close to the ladder, place the barrels and gas tank next to the ladder, place a couple of mines behind the double steel boxes as they'll run behind it.
place the rest of the mines (six would be good) in the small gap between the wall and the steel chest a bit further up from the ladder (choke point)
let them all spawn in before you start shooting at the barrels, take out any left behind from the explosions (I found 1 still alive)
or..........
clear all the wooden crates that are sitting on top of the steel boxes, hit the decoder and get behind the double steel boxes and rocket spam the whole spawn in area, they'll head for cover and stay there as long as you keep spamming, once the door opens back into the room while still firing till you hit the level change.
I've tried both ways and didn't take one hit
edit:
http://busetibi.homestead.com/files/ss_ ... cofag_.jpg

as you can see they try to duck behind those steel boxes once things get hot,they then run into the mines
p00f! all gone

Wow, so you even managed to kill them all! :notworthy:
I never had the opportunity getting back and taking a photo myself. Very good tips. I didn't think of the barrels and the mines before. Thanks.
Verton23
Senior Resident

Postby EggChen on 13 Sep 2008 11:45

God, reading that made me think of that old Gene Hackman film (can't remember the name), where he heads back to Nam to find his son... bear with me on this one...

One guy uses a series of explosives to force surviving enemies into the next trap, and beats his record of 6 successive hits.... must try that in game sometime!!

Nice work busetibi.
EggChen

Postby VINTAR on 19 Sep 2008 09:04

Sorry for a stupid question, but what mod has mines in it? I just normally start decoding the door and throw a few grenades at them, then leg it through the door :D
Core2Quad Q8300 2.5 @ 3.6ghz
Cooler Master Hyper TX 2 CPU cooler
Gigabyte EP45 UD3R mobo
Nvidia GTS450
2 GIGS Transcend DDR2 800 pc6400 @ 960
Thermaltake Tough Power 650w PSU
Samsung Syncmaster P2350
-----------------------------------
Apartheid veteran
VINTAR
Senior Resident

Postby busetibi on 19 Sep 2008 11:50

VINTAR wrote:Sorry for a stupid question, but what mod has mines in it? I just normally start decoding the door and throw a few grenades at them, then leg it through the door :D

this one:
http://gamerspedia.net/stalkermod/viewtopic.php?t=3
:wink:
busetibi
Senior Resident

Postby nandersen on 20 Sep 2008 12:03

My favorite way of dealing with them is by planting vortex anomalies in that part of the corridor. This was what I did in Priboi. In NEWSA I'll probably use electros, burners or some fruit punch instead ;)

EDIT: or maybe I'll just ignore them completely because I'm not really being hurt by bullets anymore.... :roll:
nandersen
Senior Resident

Postby priboi on 14 Sep 2010 02:12

Using those mines is a good idea i usualy just set up the anomaly electro near the lader and hide behind the green steel crate closest to the door. Most of the time the door opens and i can run through it before the monolithers even start shooting at me :D
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5400
CPU: Intel Pentium 2.20Ghz dualcore
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-G31m-S2L
SPEAKERS: Logitech Z4
DISPLAY: ViewSonic VA1903wmb
SOUND CARD: Realtek HD Audio output
RAM: Transcend 2Gb
priboi

Postby MeanderingBeing on 24 Sep 2010 07:34

Mines? Jeez, how much have I missed over the years... I normally just campby the door and mow the fuggers down with a g36...
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby priboi on 29 Sep 2010 03:04

LOL, thats what I used to do but I failed most of the time :mozilla_yell:
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5400
CPU: Intel Pentium 2.20Ghz dualcore
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-G31m-S2L
SPEAKERS: Logitech Z4
DISPLAY: ViewSonic VA1903wmb
SOUND CARD: Realtek HD Audio output
RAM: Transcend 2Gb
priboi

Postby ket on 06 Oct 2010 17:00

Thats a couple very tactical approaches there. Sure as hell way more complex than my whipping out the grenade launcher and getting trigger happy :p:
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 19 Dec 2010 23:57

On things like OL arsenal and such, I use weapons with a high cycle rate for that part. I take cover behind the steel boxes with something like an HK 416, F2000, or Kriss Super V... Using controlled bursts, you can push them into cover behind the crates and herd em all into a killzone. The instant they poke their heads out, I just fart on their face with about 8 rounds (which with these guns its just a quick trigger pull). Honestly though, lmgs, saws, and gpmgs make it TOO easy. You can't even get cornered while reloading, because with a bloody drum full of ammo, you can mow em all down and still have about 20 rounds left!
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Return to Mods & Discussions