Coordinates in CS?

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

Coordinates in CS?

Postby stork...err on 17 Oct 2011 05:50

How do you get coordinates for Clear Sky? There is that great smart terrain and coordinate getter for SOC which works a treat but I wanna know if there is anything like that for CS?

Clear Sky needs a lot of help to make it decent and I would like to mess with spawns to make it a little more entertaining. Any help on getting coordinates would be help a lot. Please any help...I'll beg if you want.

beg beg beg beg and so forth...
stork...err

Re: Coordinates in CS?

Postby ket on 17 Oct 2011 11:17

Bring down the console, then type; rs_stats on
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby stork...err on 18 Oct 2011 06:03

Thanks ket. I've done that and this might be a little dense and all but which numbers are the right ones? The rs_stats of CS looks a little different to SOC. Additionally don't you need that extra value to get everything perfect - the position, level_vertex_id and game_vertex_id. From memory (might be a bit off) of reading through all the spawning wikis and stuff rs stats only gives you position but no level or game vertex id? Do I just need to experiment to get the final values right?

And another thing (got a lot of questions here sorry) are there any mods with script spawning for CS that you know of? I cannot script my way out of wet paper bag so if I could use someone else's script as a template (crediting them of course) I would at least have that as an option, in all probablity I will edit all.spawn because it will give me more room to experiment but then again script spawning would be faster and more flexible so it would be cool to at least have an idea how to do it.

And another sorry for asking you about CS, hardly anyone wants to talk about CS...poor lonely CS. ;)
stork...err

Postby ket on 18 Oct 2011 14:23

lol nobody wants to talk about CS because its pants :p if you want to get level and vertex IDs the easiest way to do it is to decompile all.spawn, open each ltx file for each level and you will find level and vertex IDs for pretty much everything. Combine that with rs_stats and you'll have all the info at your fingertips. I found it easier to make a seperate file though containing level and vertex IDs for at a glance convenience. AFAIK, you can just pick any vertex ID and it'll work on the level, but level IDs obviously need to be for that level or X-Ray will throw a epifit. As for scripting mutants in.. I really wouldn't do that because it bogs X-Ray down with "on demand" spawning which can lead to freezes and stability problems - best doing your spawning in all.spawn itself. A alternative to al.spawn editing might be to try scripting your mutants into the bind_stalker.script file, it'll be on demand spawning still, but it won't be completely out of control so shouldn't cause stalling or crashes but I don't know how you could add into bind_stalker. I'm not great at scripting myself, its the only thing I can't proficiently do with stalker :p

If you are interested, you could always help me with the all.spawn I need to finish for my SoC TK mod, works exactly the same as for CS and you would get some practice in instead of "flying blind" ;)
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301

ket
Senior Resident

Postby stork...err on 24 Oct 2011 06:16

Found it! For anyone who likes pants the console command is:
rs_cam_pos on

"rs_stats on" just has all the other graphic and sound stuff.

CS works differently to SOC. On a long shot I started up COP (not CS) and brought up the console. Unlike CS, COP has a handy help system built into the console (cool), I scanned through it and found the command.
Should have just looked for a CS console command list online. Duh me.

Yeah thanks for the extra info and sorry for taking my time responding ket esp when you are so quick with your answers and it was my problem to begin with but I couldn't get to the net for a bit.
Looks like all.spawn is the way to go, script spawning never sounded as good but no need for a "new game" would have been cool. Meh...I've had problems with switching between vanilla and my mods saves even without having touched all.spawn so a new game is probably the best way to go anyways.
I'm going to have a stab at all.spawn myself, then probably fail and come back here...you should probably expect me soon. ;)
stork...err

Postby ket on 25 Oct 2011 16:16

haha ok :D

ket
Senior Resident

Return to Modding Techniques