DEUS EX 3 ... Another Legend?

Discussions, News, Questions

Re: DEUS EX 3 ... Another Legend?

Postby ket on 16 Oct 2011 12:02

I'll have to fire up Deus Ex in a few days then and see what steam says (yes you have to install steam to play Deus Ex, which is very gay)
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 23 Oct 2011 01:34

Yeah, finally I had to install Steam when I played Fallout New Vegas. :-?? Hell with it. I could (as I hate steam so much) but I didn't want to use brute force on it, might've upset the game rather possibly. :mozilla_smile:
I'll post my Steam name later after I've checked it, haven't played so long, don't remember, lol.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 23 Oct 2011 17:20

STEAM sux! Had to let it validate my L4D game and it showed a 'significant event' on my bandwith usage. Bastards.
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Postby ket on 27 Oct 2011 18:29

All DRM sucks, period. If software was just sold at a reasonable price without DRM instead of devs being greedy I bet piracy would half or more because people would recognise the software is worth whats being asked, so people would just go and buy it. I won't hide some software I've needed I pirated simply because the software by far was not worth the pricetag attached to it.
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301

ket
Senior Resident

Postby MeanderingBeing on 01 Nov 2011 09:38

ket wrote:All DRM sucks, period. If software was just sold at a reasonable price without DRM instead of devs being greedy I bet piracy would half or more because people would recognise the software is worth whats being asked, so people would just go and buy it. I won't hide some software I've needed I pirated simply because the software by far was not worth the pricetag attached to it.

It's not that Devs are greedy. In fact, they see a very little of the profit from their products... It's the publishers who are bending us over...
LOOK! It says gullible on the ceiling!!!
MeanderingBeing
Senior Resident

Postby ket on 02 Nov 2011 15:34

I wouldn't be so sure on that. Whenever stuff like this comes up its always somebody from the dev team talking about it and not the publisher. The publisher would likely be happy not to include DRM because their profits would go up, but at the same time the publisher also decides the price and more often than not the price is way above what the software is worth, hence piracy.

ket
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 17 Apr 2012 14:47

I finally managed to put my hands on Deus Ex Human Revolution, as a warming up exercise before restarting my NEWSA project after a short break, and I must say that I've got some mixed feeling about the game.

My expectations were high, as often said, not a very good start because then even the small things start biting bitterly. However, in a few words in this rather initial stage of gameplay (some 30 percent done so far) I will say that the game technically is one of those considered to be of top-notch.
Flawless interaction, no CTDs whatsoever, though characteristically I push the games too hard. And, no awkward story mess-ups even if you don't follow up the storyline to the letter and have a tendency to screw it actually :mozilla_smile: like going into the police station at the very start of the game, and after they didn't let me wander around and hack the doors, I cleaned them all with a handgun, and most of the town in fact; still the game plays fluently.

Here, while mentioning "the cleaning process -whacking!- of the environment," we come to an important point which is "THE AI," or somewhat lack of it!

I play on "Deus Ex" mode, apparently is the toughest available, but the opposing NPCs (gangs, military, police, whatever) come out to you like some sleepy and lazy ducks due to overfeeding in a beginners duck hunting event!

Just shoot one of the opposing NPCs, then shelter behind something and they will come on to you one after another and if you don't do anything they can't even see you behind tat barrel or the box, whatever. "He must've gotten away, where's he? Where's he?"... C'mon, I've seen more intelligent ducks!

But, in order to compensate this lack of AI, developers have chosen the easiest method known to mankind and lowered the immunity and resistant levels for the player, and therefore you die in an instant if the opponents were to manage to hit you due to your over-confidence. Well, at least it's not fully a one-sided target practice.

However graphics are very good, though there are too many cluttering and rubbish around which tax the GPU unnecessarily as an unwelcome burden.

Still, overall, this is an entertaining game with a good element of addiction towards it, as a warm up tool before entering some more serious projects. ...Only if the characters were to speak less and more to the point and not make you sorry for yourself for you've asked them something.

Will add more insights later.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby Nightwatch on 29 Apr 2012 22:45

End of game...
A short view: Technically superb, among many positive things as all you know it never crashed at all either. Graphics very good, though skin needs improvement and NPC movements are not quite out of being somewhat robotic.

And... STALKER still has the much superior AI.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby DARK TEMPLAR on 28 May 2016 19:27

Suppose this is good enough spot to drop this in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7XCAgj0TtI
The latest trailer for the new game
THE DEDICATED, CERTIFIED RESIDENT MADMAN
There is no such thing as innocence in the ZONE, only degrees of guilt.
CAN YOU FEEL THE TRANQUILLITY OF THE ZONE
Knowledge is power. Guard it well.
We are shaped by fate, just as we shape it
You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die.
Akir man yamut malak al-mut
DARK TEMPLAR
Senior Resident

Postby Nightwatch on 01 Jun 2016 13:01

It seems no doubt that it'll be probably the greatest game in the year
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0

Nightwatch
Site Admin

Postby rockingmtranch on 01 Jun 2016 14:58

Wife and I thought it was a movie trailer! WOW!!! :-bd :-o
LINUX! Don't fight it. You will be assimilated!
----------------
Gulf War Vet--2nd Squadron, 2nd ACR, Fort Polk, LA
rockingmtranch

Previous

Return to All PC Games