zhoriks cage door

Discussions on Modding of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC & Clear Sky

zhoriks cage door

Postby the_marked_one on 20 May 2012 19:45

I would like to make it so that the door to the cage in the bar which zhorik is in is not only unlocked but is open by default as he has a habit of dying during a blowout (even though invulnerable) as he tries to run through the door of his cage... so could someone please tell me how i would go about doing this? thanks
the_marked_one

Re: zhoriks cage door

Postby Nightwatch on 21 May 2012 22:44

Hi, welcome to the forum. The doors are managed at all.spawn level; but can't pass without a small note as the experience has proved that many doors that were left closed by the developers had better to remain closed, as various such attempts in past are known to have led to increased chances of CDTs when those locations become active (played) in the game. There seems to be unsolved glitches in lower level controls relating such conditions. It's obvious that developers knew what and why they were doing. So, opening the closed/locked doors are risky, not quite recommended.
NEWSA.SIMBION_TWEAK 3.0
Mod Website= Features, Video, Tips & Download Link: NEWSA.SIMBION_Tweak

Watch the Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ajw_f8K ... re=channel
Please Do Not download and install any files from links other than those on the Mod's Website
Nightwatch
Site Admin

Re: zhoriks cage door

Postby ket on 16 Mar 2013 02:09

I don't think the glitches are quite what people think, its to do with how the devs made some of the NPCs. Think about barkeep and how the game CTDs if you give barkeep a "life" and he gets himself killed. So doors can be opened, its the NPC behind them that causes the problem.
Mobo: MSI X570 Tomahawk
CPU: R7 3700X @ 4.4GHz 1.3v
RAM: 2x16GB Klevv BoltX 3600MHz 16-20-20-35
GPU: Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil
Sound: Asus Xonar DX 7.1 PCI-E, Realtek ALC1200
HDD: 250GB & 500GB nVME 3.0 M.2 drives, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, Sata3 64MB Cache, 250GB Hynix SL301
Opticals: DVD-RW, Blu-Ray
PSU: eVGA 1000w G2 Supernova
Case: NZXT Phantom 530

STALKER: Singularity (SIN) homepage
ket
Senior Resident

Return to Modding Techniques